GDT: SCF: Game 2 | NBCSN 7 P.M. | Bounce Back Blues

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
**** yes.

Yes.

Way to get it done boys! I don't wanna get too high on this one. We still need to beat them 18 on 18. Overtime showed how tired they were, playing a man down the whole game.

Here's to the first St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup finals game victory ever!
Well shit! Then pass the dutchy over here, Bro!

Dude....the left hand side. Jeez!

Reactions: STLomacneko

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Who knows with DOPS. The point is we have options.

If it does happen, I want to see MacMac or Jordan Nolan

IF SunnyD can't play in game 3 and Thomas still isn't ready; I insert Sanford before MacMac and Nolan.
Yes, the hits are fun and having a pretty clear impact; but the possession war is where we really need to hammer them. The Bruins can't do anything if they don't have the puck and their D is showing some major red flags.
Chara and Carlo can't go more than 20 seconds at a time without losing their legs and the rest of their D are too small to out-muscle us on pucks(they're fast enough to get away from us when they do get a free puck but they can't figure out how to strip the puck without major help from their forwards).
Specifically, the Bruins don't have any kind of answer for Big Rig right now(the points aren't there yet but he's dominating the zone when he's on the ice) and Sanford does a lot of the same things in terms of board work that the Bruins are struggling with. I don't know if Sanford will be quite as effective as Big Rig, but I see Sanford giving them a number of problems that they may not have the legs to deal with. Not to mention I see Sanford as far less likely to take any stupid penalties(with this reffing, Nolan would probably be ejected in his first shift).
With Sanford, I can see us getting a lot of 1:30+ shifts in Boston's zone and that could be devastating to their defensive game.

Grinding their D into dust is fun to watch, but the focus needs to be on winning games. I think Sanford's possession game goes farther towards that end than Nolan or MacMac's hits will.
And it's not like Sanford is afraid to play physical. He's still a bit underweight, but he can lay the body when he wants to and Boston does not have a lot of guys that can match his size.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
i hear ya .. i was hoping it was as well
Either way, Rask is the type who can let the opposition get under his skin and I think we started seeing that tonight. My biggest concern at the moment is Marchand doing something bush league to put one of our guys in the press box as an act of vengeance for Sunny's hit on Grez.

Reactions: Sushiko

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

I think it would be Sanford. Ott has been working on the side with him lately and some speculated he might have went in for Thomas tonight. Personally I’d prefer Jordan Nolan. He has SCF experience from the Kings first cup. His physical play would be good for this series.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If DOPS looks at how the play unfolded, and how Grz positioned himself to play that puck, I don't think that Quintal could say that is how Dmen are taught how to play the puck in that situation. Either take the hit to make the play by bracing for it, or prepare to have a puck battle with the forechecker in the corner.

But, you can't be trying to play the puck and then turn away from the hit, leaving yourself so exposed like that.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
IF SunnyD can't play in game 3 and Thomas still isn't ready; I insert Sanford before MacMac and Nolan.
Yes, the hits are fun and having a pretty clear impact; but the possession war is where we really need to hammer them. The Bruins can't do anything if they don't have the puck and their D is showing some major red flags.
Chara and Carlo can't go more than 20 seconds at a time without losing their legs and the rest of their D are too small to out-muscle us on pucks(they're fast enough to get away from us when they do get a free puck but they can't figure out how to strip the puck without major help from their forwards).
Specifically, the Bruins don't have any kind of answer for Big Rig right now(the points aren't there yet but he's dominating the zone when he's on the ice) and Sanford does a lot of the same things in terms of board work that the Bruins are struggling with. I don't know if Sanford will be quite as effective as Big Rig, but I see Sanford giving them a number of problems that they may not have the legs to deal with. Not to mention I see Sanford as far less likely to take any stupid penalties(with this reffing, Nolan would probably be ejected in his first shift).
With Sanford, I can see us getting a lot of 1:30+ shifts in Boston's zone and that could be devastating to their defensive game.

Grinding their D into dust is fun to watch, but the focus needs to be on winning games. I think Sanford's possession game goes farther towards that end than Nolan or MacMac's hits will.
And it's not like Sanford is afraid to play physical. He's still a bit underweight, but he can lay the body when he wants to and Boston does not have a lot of guys that can match his size.
The stage seemed too big for Sanford in the first round against Winnipeg. I would be concerned about how he would handle a pivotal game 3 in the SCF. With that said he probably is the best option, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Either way, Rask is the type who can let the opposition get under his skin and I think we started seeing that tonight. My biggest concern at the moment is Marchand doing something bush league to put one of our guys in the press box as an act of vengeance for Sunny's hit on Grez.
the way things have been called i dont think marchand will get away with anything this series ... if sunnys hit was a question mark ... no * * * *ing way they let his repeat offender ass get away with something ... bring in mac and let him join blais and hammer them * * * *s even more

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad