GDT: SCF: Game 2 | NBCSN 7 P.M. | Bounce Back Blues

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Pretty impressive win by you guys without Thomas or Dunn....very impressive.....and the inevitable question...are Thomas and Dunn going to be available for game 3? Thanks...

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Pretty impressive win by you guys without Thomas or Dunn....very impressive.....and the inevitable question...are Thomas and Dunn going to be available for game 3? Thanks...
Hopefully both can get back in, Dunn especially has been missed dearly. I don't know if I can take another game of Edmundson and his turnovers.

Gimme:

Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
God love you, Binny.

Screenshot_20190530-040211.png
Screenshot_20190530-040759.png

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I am 100% convinced that at least part of the non-reaction thing is intentional. There's no way in hell that he couldn't have been excited about this win.
It's definitely a shtick he enjoys, we've seen him pumping his arms up and down and trying to throw the tshirt (or w/e) into the upper deck after 1st star in a regular season game :D

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I saw some different angles of Vladi falling right before he left the ice for a while. I think one of his holders on his skate broke. That’s why he was gone so long.

Reactions: mk80

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I saw some different angles of Vladi falling right before he left the ice for a while. I think one of his holders on his skate broke. That’s why he was gone so long.
I've done that before and you feel like a new fawn on a sheet of ice. Luckily they can replace the holder rather quickly compared to use commoners who had them riveted in.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I wish they'd release an NSFW compilation of all the videos posted this run

ESPN+ has a show called Quest for the Stanley Cup that is basically 24/7 and focused on the playoffs. It started up in round 2, focusing on each team and continues until the Cup is awarded. It will eventually be 7 episodes and 4 have released so far.

It has a good chunk of locker room stuff and it is completely unedited.

I highly recommend it and I think that ESPN+ is worth the $5 per month even without this show if you are in to more than just hockey. With that said, you can get a free 7 day trial of ESPN+ that would allow you to binge the entire 7 episode series if you wait a couple weeks for all the episodes to come out.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
ESPN+ has a show called Quest for the Stanley Cup that is basically 24/7 and focused on the playoffs. It started up in round 2, focusing on each team and continues until the Cup is awarded. It will eventually be 7 episodes and 4 have released so far.

It has a good chunk of locker room stuff and it is completely unedited.

I highly recommend it and I think that ESPN+ is worth the $5 per month even without this show if you are in to more than just hockey. With that said, you can get a free 7 day trial of ESPN+ that would allow you to binge the entire 7 episode series if you wait a couple weeks for all the episodes to come out.
Thanks for the info

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm thinking we'll see Sundqvist suspended for a game. I wouldn't be surprised with that, and while I don't think Sundqvist meant to hit Grezclyk (pardon that spelling) in such a bad way and Grezclyk did turn into an awkward position. But that said Sunny did hit the head on the hit, and again I don't think that was predatory in any way. But more or less with the speed of today's game, considering how many checks these guys lay out in a game/season/etc. any player is bound to have hit turn out like this one every now and then.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It’s ultimately the responsibility of the player making the hit to avoid the head. Sundqvist didn’t do that. However, I don’t think it was a predatory hit, nor that he was trying to hit the head. The recipient of the hit made a move that put himself in a vulnerable position after Sundqvist committed to the hit.

I think he’ll get a 1 game suspension and I won’t complain. Hitting along the boards, you need to be more careful. I wish the league consistently penalized ALL hits to the head, regardless of injury or result. But in the case of an injury, I think they have to discipline him in one sense, to dissuade Boston players from headhunting a Blues’ player in return.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
If the league suspends Sundqvist it's just another example of them punishing the result and not the the intent. Sundqvist is going in on the forecheck, Gryz puts himself in an AWFUL position by trying to fake out the oncoming checkers, gets hit and hurt. Can't turn your back at the last nanosecond and pretend the hitter is supposed to come to a complete stop to avoid hitting you in the back. This play happens a thousand times a game and is only being punished because Gryz was hurt. They slammed Blais's head into the glass after he put himself in a bad position, but he didn't get injured so play on. It's unjustifiably stupid that you can have a dangerous play like Krug charging 150 feet to hit Thomas in the head go unpunished(and glorified by the NHL), but Sundqvist goes in on the forecheck and hits a guy who put himself into a terrible situation and they're looking at further discipline. Two minutes was understandable. The guy was hurt on the play and it was a hit from behind(though only because Gryz made it one). The fans would've been irate if there wasn't a penalty. I get it. Anything more than that is an absolute joke and would further instill in me that the league has a clear agenda here. Blues had the puck for 75% of the game last night, but Boston only had one guy commit any infractions all night? That's horseshit. Blues showed their stuff by winning a game that was terribly one-sided(by a guy from Boston, go figure).

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If the league suspends sunny, this will be another hand pass situation. Boston and their crying/whining for a suspension is playing with fire.

Thats not even a 2 minute penalty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->