GDT: SCF Game 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning 8:00 PM EST CBC, SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

Evans in a non-contact jersey at practice.

They f***ed up with Armia and most likely rushed(symptoms?) with Evans.

Well played.

Why is Armia a GTD though? Isn't he healthy? Curious to see hwo the fourth line looks tonight, but in any case I have a feeling the Habs come out flying and play really well tonight. GO HABS GOOOO

Reactions: Lshap

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Need to play a better game. I think they can lose this one but need to play better. For how bad last game was it was still 2-1 until that Chiarot bad bounce.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Tampa is like the leafs, but with actual good defending.

They are uber-aggressive though, and vulnerable if our team defense is sharp. The habs need to find a way to win those battles for the puck and catch Tampa sitting too high. Oh, and you gotta score on them.

If you exploit their weakness and score out of it, you put them in doubt and disjoint their system (their defense will be afraid to jump in, leaving their fwds alone against our trap).

The main idea of their system is puck movement from the D to the fwds in every zone. If you make their D hesitate, they are vulnerable and not as dangerous.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
If we lose this one, it's over... A must win.
1612054760-carey-price.gif

Reactions: Laurentide

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Not dissing Gallagher but he's not producing on that line. If we're gonna keep playing him, we've gotta put him on another line who can take advantage of what he brings.

Please, before someone points out the huge goal that Lehk scored to win in OT, you all know what I'm saying. I'd move Gally from that line and try him with KK and Anderson. I know they haven't been lighting up the scoreboard but they're more offensive and may be able to take advantage of Gally's net front presence. It would also help Gally to have someone to come to his aid when he's getting absolutely hammered in the crease. Danault and Lehkonen are not those guys.

Byron would just add another element to the Danault shutdown line. Three players who can skate and play both ends of the ice. My 2 cents worth.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
With this team? I don't think 19 shots on Vasilevskiy have much of a chance of translating into more than maybe one goal, if that. They need high volume.
I agree with this, i said it earlier we need more shots from the point into traffic, i know it's cliché but they have to do it. They also need to get those shots off quicker-last game the D were taking too long to release the shot and/or there was no one creating traffic. Outside of turnovers this is how the Habs will score on this goalie with deflections and screens/rebounds.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
How about this? Do not put the Suzuki line on the ice. If Cooper is going to continue to match up, Cooper will be forced to play Point because they are his best line. Once they get to 1:00 minute into said shift, put Suzuki's out there.

You know, it's not that bad of an idea. Suzuki's line plays a little less, Point's line plays a little less. Force Cooper to play Points line vs Danault's. It cant be worst than last game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs178

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Johnson probably moving up to the second line with Stamkos and Cirelli. Let's play our 4th line and let them dominate down low Tampa's 4th line.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
With this team? I don't think 19 shots on Vasilevskiy have much of a chance of translating into more than maybe one goal, if that. They need high volume.

Could be high volume or it could be more quality ones or taking advantage of the chances we get. If Caufield scores on his chance for example? That's the difference sometimes.

I get your point though. It would be nice to pepper them with more shots which helps the probability

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hope we can take advantage of the Bolts cap issues and get Killorn for cheap in Montreal in the offseason. In the meantime, I won't miss him!

I wanted Killorn at the start of the year when Bolts were in cap trouble before they went the route they went to.

I'm a big fan of the type of game he plays. And he's made for playoff performances.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I feel strangely confident about the game tonight. They know what to expect and the nerves should be diminished. I expect heavy pressure early and getting 1-2 past Vasi early.

If we keep them to 2 goals or less, we have a shot at it. I'm confident they will come up with a good game plan and come out with more urgency but not sure how it ends up. Personally, my expectations are low but I'll be watching every minute of it!

Reactions: Habs178
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad