GDT: SCF Game 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning 8:00 PM EST CBC, SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
fantastic GDT. I think the Suzuki line shouldn't go against points line. Same with weber and chariot they got killed possession wise. should go danault against point. maybe petry/edmundson against that tbays first line.
any chance thomas tatar comes in? for more offense? and maybe ramanov in for merril or gustafsson. more speed on your d pairings. i mean look at tampas forwards they can skate.
That’s how you get less offense

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Need to have better line matchups.

Winning this one would be a bonus. I don't care about it, TBH.

Try to shock the world of hockey, boys. Go Red! (Surprised Josh didn't post anything about it like the rest of the alumni).

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
fantastic GDT. I think the Suzuki line shouldn't go against points line. Same with weber and chariot they got killed possession wise. should go danault against point. maybe petry/edmundson against that tbays first line.
any chance thomas tatar comes in? for more offense? and maybe ramanov in for merril or gustafsson. more speed on your d pairings. i mean look at tampas forwards they can skate.

Tatar laid an egg against Toronto, a mentally, offensively and defensively weaker team than Tampa.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hi Hab fans, as you know I am a Bruins fan cheering for the Canadians to win this series.

Is redemption going to be the strategy for tonight or are they going to win this must game to change the series outcome?

Go Habs
The good news is this team has come back from being down in a series and has come back after a bad loss. The Habs have shown the ability to adapt and rebound.

The bad news is it may not be enough against Tampa. I can see tonight being a close game but another loss.

(hopefully it takes your mind off your back!)

Reactions: Maine Fan and Tyson

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Tatar laid an egg against Toronto, a mentally, offensively and defensively weaker team than Tampa.

He's had a lot of time to stew since then. Pride can be a strong motivator. If he doesn't cut it, you bench his ass and double shift someone in his place.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Put back Armia in and please for the love of God put Romanov in instead of Gustafsson!!

Go Habs Go!!!!!!
I love Romanov's potential, but there's simply no wiggle room for mistakes. Tampa pounced on the smallest miscue by more conservative players; I'm afraid they'll make mincemeat outta Romanov. If we lose tonight I might change my mind – we might have no choice but to insert a wildcard.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Hi Hab fans, as you know I am a Bruins fan cheering for the Canadians to win this series.

Is redemption going to be the strategy for tonight or are they going to win this must gamechange the series outcome?

Go Habs
Cheers hockey brother/sister/other ;) They have to play fearless and enjoy! They got looks early last game; they have to convert and not take penalties lol.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I love Romanov's potential, but there's simply no wiggle room for mistakes. Tampa pounced on the smallest miscue by more conservative players; I'm afraid they'll make mincemeat outta Romanov. If we lose tonight I might change my mind – we might have no choice but to insert a wildcard.
They roll Gus though? And yeah, at home would be consistent with how everyone got inserted. That sounds dirtier than it should.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty much a must win, but a win and suddenly pressure is on Tampa. Let's do this.

I said before game 1 that if we were to win one of the first two, I would prefer the 2nd game like we did to the Knights. Momentum heading back home.

Tampa feels confident but I agree, they need to win this one or they are in a for a series where the Habs then own home ice. That little thought is on the back of their minds and the more we play them tough tonight, the seed of doubt creeps in more and more.

I'm going to try and enjoy the game with zero expectations. Better for my health :laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We've been feasting on magic and hope the past month. Tonight either grants us another fix, or we get prepared to settle the bill.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
@Moroccan

C'est magnifique! Beau travail!

giphy.gif

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The issue is, there's very little offence coming from the back end because the big 4 are playing shut down the whole game. They need more time for the 3rd pair. Tampa is too deep. I just don't see how the current strategy will work against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad