GDT: SCF Game #2 ★ Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, CBC , SN ★ Stars lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
EiK1cFaXYAAvajO

EiZsCDOX0AA6w8P

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Without being too hyperbolisitic, I think this is the most important game of the series (barring a game 7, god forbid).

Going up 2-0 would be MASSIVE for this team. The advantage and confidence would be so huge and important and I think if we can do that, we can go all the way.

If Tampa wins, it becomes a Bo5 where they have the momentum now.

Teams that win game 1 in the SCF win the series 75% of the time. Teams with a 2-0 lead win 85% of the time. But if it goes to 1-1, the team winning game 2 wins 55%.

It’s not impossible to win the series if we lose tonight, obviously, but a win here will go a long way toward making it a reality.

Maybe I’m overplaying the importance but I think this game will play a big part of whoever wins the series.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Without being too hyperbolisitic, I think this is the most important game of the series (barring a game 7, god forbid).

Going up 2-0 would be MASSIVE for this team. The advantage and confidence would be so huge and important and I think if we can do that, we can go all the way.

If Tampa wins, it becomes a Bo5 where they have the momentum now.

Teams that win game 1 in the SCF win the series 75% of the time. Teams with a 2-0 lead win 85% of the time. But if it goes to 1-1, the team winning game 2 wins 55%.

It’s not impossible to win the series if we lose tonight, obviously, but a win here will go a long way toward making it a reality.

Maybe I’m overplaying the importance but I think this game will play a big part of whoever wins the series.

No I agree, big game tonight. If Dallas wins they have momentum, confidence, and the ability to play their game instead of having to make massive adjustments to compensate.

Tampa Bay is worn the f*** out and beaten to hell already. Being down 0-2 will have a massive toll on them mentally having to claw back just to even it up.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It might be less of an ask for peace on Earth

What would you do if Cogliano has his own game like Kiviranta if this goes to 7?

I can see you spontaneously combusting if Cogliano scores an OT winner.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
What would you do if Cogliano has his own game like Kiviranta if this goes to 7?

I can see you spontaneously combusting if Cogliano scores an OT winner.
Would be his “It’s the end of the world as we know it” without the “and I feel fine”.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
To me it's just important that the game is competitive - that they have a chance to win well into the 3rd. Tampa is not going to be nearly as shitty as they were to start game 1. They are going to be way more prepared going into this one. If the Stars get dominated and can't hang with Tampa's best, it's a major issue. If they lose a close game I can deal with it, and so can they.

The pressure is definitely on Tampa right now, particularly Kucherov and Hedman, as it should be down 1-0.

Last edited:

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
You know what would be so cool? If Dallas came out and utterly destroyed the Lightning tonight. Everyone keeps putting all kinds of caveats on this team—and, to some extent, it’s earned. But this would be a great time to show everyone that they really do belong here, and that they are a team to be reckoned with.

I can’t imagine how hungry to win guys like Pavelski, Cogliano, Comeau, Perry, Sekera, Radulov, Khudobin and so on are at this point. Vets near the end of their careers—about 34+ years old—on perhaps their last shot at a Cup. And so close. . .

#GoStars

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
To me it's just important that the game is competitive - that they have a chance to win well into the 3rd. Tampa is not going to be nearly as shitty as they were to start game 1. They are going to be way more prepared going into this one. If the Stars get dominated and can't hang with Tampa's best, it's a major issue. If they lose a close game I can deal with it, and so can they.

The pressure is definitely on Tampa right now, particularly Kucherov and Hedman, as it should be down 1-0.
That being said, it'd echo the vegas series. Stars came out in the first game and didn't let Vegas play their game, Vegas played way better in the 2nd game and won, but then Dallas found a way to win the rest.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
That being said, it'd echo the vegas series. Stars came out in the first game and didn't let Vegas play their game, Vegas played way better in the 2nd game and won, but then Dallas found a way to win the rest.

Yeah for sure. No matter what happens tonight it's still early in the series and anything can happen.

Hedman and Vasy were denied the Norris and Vezina. As if they needed more motivation :(

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah for sure. No matter what happens tonight it's still early in the series and anything can happen.

Hedman and Vasy were denied the Norris and Vezina. As if they needed more motivation :(
Helly should have won the Vezina for sure, he had an unreal season with Winnipeg was so weak defensively. I would have given the Norris to hedman though, he's unreal

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Due to spoilers (YouTube TV delay) I'll only be posting in here during commercials or intermissions, but let's go Stars huge game here

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Round 1 Dallas wins in 6, round 2 Dallas wins in 7, conference finals Dallas wins in 5...hmm what number is missing? Come on sweep.

Reactions: Teemu Nymander

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Tampa has yet to lose back to back games btw in these playoffs. Massive challenge here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad