GDT: SCF Game #2 ★ Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, CBC , SN ★ Stars lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Comeau is out, any chance Faksa returns?

Doubtful. My personal guess is Caamano because he plays the same role. Could also be Dowling but he's a center not a winger and also not a checking line player.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
One way to look at it is we basically have won 4 periods out of 6. Should work out okay if we stop taking penalties.

I had the same thought. I’m not terribly upset tonight.

We cannot let Tampa get a lead in the series, though. Have to come out strong next game and cut out the stupid penalties.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Damn after Janmark's goal the Stars only had 2 shots on goal for the rest of the game (~15 mins)....yeahhh that's not gonna cut it. They were great opportunities but still

If we ever trail in this series I'm gonna probably have a heart attack every game tbh. Can't afford to fall down 2-1

Reactions: DieselPig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Damn after Janmark's goal the Stars only had 2 shots on goal for the rest of the game....yeahhh that's not gonna cut it. They were great opportunities but still

They just never managed to established any kind of longterm possesion in Tampas zone anymore . Never got a the puck from chip and dump-ins or turned it over needlessly alot. You don't get chances if you don't get set up in the offensive zone.

Reactions: DieselPig

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
They just never managed to established any kind of longterm possesion in Tampas zone anymore . Never got a the puck from chip and dump-ins or turned it over needlessly alot. You don't get chances if you don't get set up in the offensive zone.

Most frustrating was in the last minute when like every guy on the ice whiffed on the puck over and over again when trying to move it up the ice.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
They need to throw everything at the net. Rads cannot coast through the and look for passes. It has to go on net. Calling him out as he did it multiple times.

Reactions: The Tourist

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I'm just wondering when passenger 91 is going to check in to the playoffs and do something meaningful?

Also, we're playing with house money here, no one thought we'd get to this point so we should all enjoy regardless. And tonight they put forth a good charge and put a scare in the Bolts anyway. On to the next one - best of 5 now, should be fun.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The dump and chase doesn’t work well against Tampa either. And I NEVER want to see that on the power-play again.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He wasn't particularly good tonight imho. Completely invisible offensively . 6 blocks somehow but not a good game tonight.
You mean hits ? He’s third in the entire Stars team in hits.

Quite insane stats actually - third in points, third in hits, plays 14 minutes a game.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Yeah that part was kinda obvious looking at how he went down the tunnel. Time for Nick to come in i guess.
I feel like that was a dirty hit. Yeah they say the puck was in the area but it was blind side hit in open ice. That was targeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad