Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 1 - B's take Game 1 - Chara is fine, just a flesh wound

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Bruins are stuck with the full cap hit no matter what (35+ contract)...well, unless he develops an allergy to hockey equipment and gets LTIR
But what is the full cap. He signed a pretty basic contract with some easily achievable bonuses. So if he retires and doesn’t reach the bonuses, you would think that the cap hit would be negligible. Relatively speaking.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
4F96E5AB-E87B-487B-847B-5CE455CB3292.jpeg

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Andrew Ference said he had moved to .... Montana* maybe? In a 31 Thoughts podcast interview in December where he said Timmy called Claude a Communist. :laugh:

*Or this could be me imposing a Frank Zappa song on the whole situation. ("I might be moving to Montana soon...")

ETA: Timmy stories around 17:00 mark

ETA2: It was Idaho, not Montana.

Idaho I totally buy. It's one of the last states that has a lot of land that can be off grid without govt interference. That's Timmy.

Reactions: Strafer

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Please know- this is not about you or your post.

I just hate how politics has now eeked into every aspect of our lives, including sports and entertainment. People got along before when they kept such things private.
Right there with you. I to this day have zero idea how my parents have voted in any election. Nor they me. I am 100% ok with this.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Now I didnt want to post this cuz jinx/hockey gods but there was a point in the 3rd last night where the Bruins just controlled the game and it looked like a varsity vs. JV team out there.

Kings fan friend of mine says he will be surprised if it goes past 5 games

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I would add the Bruins had a pretty solid game one victory against Tampa last year then shat the bed.

Series isn’t over until 1 team wins 4 games.

That said the Bruins were the better team last night.

The Bruins learned a very valuable lesson from that Tampa series

They won't let that happen again

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yes they did. The lessons learned the players don’t forget. The fans often do.

I also think this team is better than last years too.
Not only that, this year we have the weapons.
The state of mind is also night and day and we are mostly healthy.

It's not the same team. Hell... it's not the same late 2018 early 2019 team. The addition of Johansson and Coyle did wonders.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
We're going to see the Blues' best shot in game 2. They can take game 1 philosophically if they manage a win in game 2, but if they come out weak and can't skate with Boston in game 2 they're in a lot of trouble and the odds are squarely against them. So we'll see whatever they have to offer then.

... he said, remembering what happened in the 2011 SCF and that nothing is guaranteed until it's literally over.

Reactions: Strafer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I asked around last night and was told the Bruins have tried to contact him with no response.

well my uncle is pretty much Tim Thomas when it comes to their views on society and knowing my uncle it’s A very real possibility Tim does not have a cell phone. Might have to send a carrier pigeon to his bunker or something

Bless that crazy man. We all love him no matter what lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How did Johansson get 2nd star without a single point?

He was a monster. Creating scoring chance after scoring chance. Was physically engaged. Was blocking shots. Basically dominated the puck when he was out there. One of the best 0 point games I’ve ever seen tbh lol

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Sidenote you could literally pay McAvoy any amount and I wouldn't be mad, big game player.

Look at that ****ing goal he took the game in to his hands and changed the outcome.

Easily better than every #1 we have played so far in the playoffs except MAYBE Jones but I have a soft spot for Jones.
Jones was awesome, I don't even care who wins that comparison, I'll take a defenseman who is arguably not quite as good as Seth Jones any day.

Reactions: Emerz

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Add to the list that little prick Schenn speared a Bruin in the game ending scrum around Tuukka.
Is it my imagination or are we playing Carolina again?
I do not see much difference.
The blues got away with all the after the whistle stuff against San Jose and it looks like they are continuing where they left off

Reactions: nORRis8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad