Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 1 - B's take Game 1 - Chara is fine, just a flesh wound

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I love this team. Last night was a tough start and I had been worried about the rust. To grind through that and to come from behind to win was just awesome. I can't wait for tomorrow night.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Wherever he is, i hope Tim Thomas is doing well and he's enjoying the Cup run.

I think it would be cathartic for him to come back and wave the Bruins flag. I know the Bruins reached out to him about coming down last night with no response but they need to try again.

Or they could just leave the guy alone if that's what he wants which it really seems like he does.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I am not his only fan. He is a leader and very well thought of by the B's and management. You need more than 6 d man. 8 is better.

It would be tough to spend 5M on the press box due to blueline, yes you need depth at defense but haven't we seen the importance of depth at offense as well?

Vaaks, Clifton& Moore should be pushing for the bottom spots.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
They had next to no shots or pressure in Boston’s end ,rattling Rask was the least of the Blues issues last night.
I suspect they are going to try to work on entries/forecheck.

Screening Rask is generally the key to beating him but a screen won’t do much good if you can’t keep possession of the puck.

I figure the Blues will focus on trying to make their forecheck more productive (targeting our little guys may not be best-they are fast and move the puck). I would dump the puck on Chara and Carlo’s corners and see what it generates.

Then they have to screen Rask.

Wednesday should be interesting. First game in St Louis will be the real barometer for the series.

Reactions: Strafer and mg08

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Screening Rask is generally the key to beating him but a screen won’t do much good if you can’t keep possession of the puck.

I figure the Blues will focus on trying to make their forecheck more productive (targeting our little guys may not be best-they are fast and move the puck). I would dump the puck on Chara and Carlo’s corners and see what it generates.

Wednesday should be interesting. First game in St Louis will be the real barometer for the series.
Bruins have I think played some of there best games on the road in these playoffs,I think tomorrow is a huge game .

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Percent Game 1 Winner Has Taken the Cup

History is on the B's side

crop_exact_Bruins-Test.jpg

And then there was Vancouver. You're not getting me with this one. uh uh.

ONE FRIGGEN GAME AT A TIME.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
STAMFORD, Conn. – May 28, 2019 – NBC Sports’ presentation of Game 1 of the 2019 Stanley Cup Final between the St. Louis Blues and Boston Bruins on NBC averaged a Total Audience Delivery of 5.380 million viewers, making it the most-watched Game 1 in four years and NBC Sports’ third-most watched Game 1 since it began broadcasting the Stanley Cup Final in 2006, according to Fast National data from Nielsen and digital data from Adobe Analytics.

The Bruins come-from-behind 4-2 victory over the Blues at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., averaged 5.380 million viewers across NBC, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app (8:09-11:01 p.m. ET), up 2% vs. last year’s Game 1 (WSH-VGK, 5.288 million) and up 9% vs. 2017 (NSH-PIT, 4.925 million). It trails only two other Game 1s in NBC Sports’ 14-year history broadcasting the Stanley Cup Final (BOS-CHI, 6.315 million, 2013; CHI-TBL, 5.586 million, 2015).

Game 1 is expected to propel NBC to win Monday night in total viewers, and the key Adult 18-49 and Adult 25-54 demographics. The game delivered a 2.87 HH rating and 5.264 million TV-only viewers.

Digitally, Blues-Bruins delivered the most-streamed Stanley Cup Final Game 1 ever and the fourth-most streamed NHL game on record, with an Average Minute Audience (AMA) of 115,500 viewers and 19.9 million live minutes, up 37% and 24%, respectively, vs. 2018.

St. Louis led all markets with a 29.0 local rating, NBC Sports’ highest NHL rating on record in the market. Boston scored a 25.2 rating. NBC was the No. 1 network in both markets during the game.

Following are the Top 5 markets for Blues-Bruins Stanley Cup Final Game 1 on NBC:

RankMarketRating
1St. Louis29.0
2Boston25.2
3Providence18.8
4Buffalo8.4
5Kansas City5.2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

aguineapig

They will try what they did at the final buzzer when Schenn tried to pile drive Tuuka. What else can they do? Derek used to say when the hitting started "keep your head on a swivel" but the Blues were doing this as they watched the B's flying by. They can't skate with B's. Since Game 3 in Columbus B's skating game has gone into overdrive. The "fake hockey media" keep piling on the Blues transition D , but Boumeister who's probably older than Z was their most impressive skater. The Wreck of the 'Edmonson" Fitzgerald was unable to keep up and neither was Bertuzzi or Balboni or whatever his name is. So keep the legs moving they can't play with us at that level , and mind the store in the crease. And if the Refs allow any crap on Tukka, have our boy Torrey do the "Krug" on Billington or Bennyhill or whatever his name is. And remember Connor Clifton ain't scared boys, don't you be!

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I thought period two and three was more of what the Bruins did and not what the blues didn’t do
The talking heads are stating what the blues need to do in game two
I also thought the low shot total was the Bruins defense and back check all working in cinque

Reactions: Strafer

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
They will try what they did at the final buzzer when Schenn tried to pile drive Tuuka. What else can they do? Derek used to say when the hitting started "keep your head on a swivel" but the Blues were doing this as they watched the B's flying by. They can't skate with B's. Since Game 3 in Columbus B's skating game has gone into overdrive. The "fake hockey media" keep piling on the Blues transition D , but Boumeister who's probably older than Z was their most impressive skater. The Wreck of the 'Edmonson" Fitzgerald was unable to keep up and neither was Bertuzzi or Balboni or whatever his name is. So keep the legs moving they can't play with us at that level , and mind the store in the crease. And if the Refs allow any crap on Tukka, have our boy Torrey do the "Krug" on Billington or Bennyhill or whatever his name is. And remember Connor Clifton ain't scared boys, don't you be!

Oh the slow Blues defence is obvious.
The pro Blue media views it this way...."Bowmeister is very mobile that means all of the Blues defence is". lol

The Bruins treated the 1st like a practice cuz when the puck was dropped for the 2nd period that was not the same Bruin team.
Credit Cassidy for that.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
IF the Team was gonna have Timmy do flag waving I would wait till later in the series

Didnt see Kaberle, Seguin, Horton or Lucic there but 2 of them have contracts with other NHL teams, Horton and Seguin probably hate each other and Kabs always seemed like the outsider.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Now I didnt want to post this cuz jinx/hockey gods but there was a point in the 3rd last night where the Bruins just controlled the game and it looked like a varsity vs. JV team out there.

Kings fan friend of mine says he will be surprised if it goes past 5 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad