Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 1 - B's take Game 1 - Chara is fine, just a flesh wound

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

What a pissy bunch of baby's. I at least had some respect for them before the series but the two dirty plays by Binnington and then that one by Schenn and a few others make me sick. I wanted Schenn here mid-season to bolster our RW but now he can go punt. What a useless sack of morons that team is turning out to be. I guess though when you're totally outplayed and out-talented the only thing left to do is try to injure an opposing player. I am concerned that the rest of the series is going to be dangerous as the B's out play that bunch of duds.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Add to the list that little prick Schenn speared a Bruin in the game ending scrum around Tuukka.
Is it my imagination or are we playing Carolina again?
I do not see much difference.
That and the jerk (I think it was Schenn) who did the little drop elbow wrestling smack down own Rask's head ought to be reviewed before something serious happens. Even if the league doesn't like that they Bruins may win the Cup again, they still have to realize that allowing heinous actions resulting in injuries can be a very BAD look for the league.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I know the 3rd line didn’t score last night but they might have been the best line on the ice, minimized other teams opportunities and were buzzing. Really hope we can keep Johansson-Coyle-Heinen into next year as the 3rd line. Potential to be one of the best 3rd lines in the league.

To be honest, the 3rd line kinda feels like our 2nd line and vice-versa.

I thought Johansson was the best Bruin in this game.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
The funniest story I ever heard about Timmy was from Andrew Ference. He said Claude called the entire leadership group into his office, once everyone got in, he told the group that he called Tim Thomas in to talk about his game but then Thomas called him a communist and he didn't know what to do now.

As I've said before and will again, goalies are weirdos.

Please know- this is not about you or your post.

I just hate how politics has now eeked into every aspect of our lives, including sports and entertainment. People got along before when they kept such things private.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Please know- this is not about you or your post.

I just hate how politics has now eeked into every aspect of our lives, including sports and entertainment. People got along before when they kept such things private.

A reason I am glad I left California everything..........EVERYTHING is somehow politics. Doesnt matter if its sports or a bathroom or a sign showing someone crossing the street or how u greet someone.

Politics. Especially hate when entertainers and athletes making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ feel the need to tell everyone else how to think, feel and live when they dont live like us at all.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
A reason I am glad I left California everything..........EVERYTHING is somehow politics. Doesnt matter if its sports or a bathroom or a sign showing someone crossing the street or how u greet someone.

Politics. Especially hate when entertainers and athletes making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ feel the need to tell everyone else how to think, feel and live when they dont live like us at all.
It's so sad because California is a gorgeous state- I've been there four times.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
It's so sad because California is a gorgeous state- I've been there four times.
I lived there from when I was 8 til when I graduated high school. Then again while I was in the Navy and stationed there. I loved being back, but even as a consultant, I don't think I can afford it. Such a shame, like you said, because it's a gorgeous place.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
yeah I'm with you. No celebrating a game one win, that's for amateurs.
I celebrate every win.
Specially in this case the cup finals, against the best team from the west conference. The weakest conference, I said Bruins in 5. Won't be surprised if it's in 4.
I put most of the money on Bruins in 5.
I like being an amateur.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
IF the Team was gonna have Timmy do flag waving I would wait till later in the series

Didnt see Kaberle, Seguin, Horton or Lucic there but 2 of them have contracts with other NHL teams, Horton and Seguin probably hate each other and Kabs always seemed like the outsider.

I don't think that management wants to do anything that would be in any way perceived as controversial at this point.

Nor do I think Thomas would want to do it. Then again....

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Add to the list that little prick Schenn speared a Bruin in the game ending scrum around Tuukka.
Is it my imagination or are we playing Carolina again?
I do not see much difference.

Yep, every team except for the Bruins has done a lot of dirty stuff in these playoffs.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Probably best crowd/atmosphere I've ever experienced at a sporting event. I was at game 1 in 2013, and plenty of other good games over the years... but the crowd last night was pretty electric. One thing I was disappointed with is the lack of a "jorrrrrdannnn, jorrrrrrdannnn" chant. I tried to get one going after McAvoys goal and Kuraly's... some guys tried binnnnnningtonnnn, but that's too long. Hope we get that going tomorrow. Rattle him.

Need more from the top 2 lines, and a better performance on the PP... but besides that, what a fantastic performance the last 40 minutes. Duplicate that effort tomorrow night.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Probably best crowd/atmosphere I've ever experienced at a sporting event. I was at game 1 in 2013, and plenty of other good games over the years... but the crowd last night was pretty electric. One thing I was disappointed with is the lack of a "jorrrrrdannnn, jorrrrrrdannnn" chant. I tried to get one going after McAvoys goal and Kuraly's... some guys tried binnnnnningtonnnn, but that's too long. Hope we get that going tomorrow. Rattle him.

Need more from the top 2 lines, and a better performance on the PP... but besides that, what a fantastic performance the last 40 minutes. Duplicate that effort tomorrow night.
On TV you could hear a faint Binnington chant after the first goal. It petered out quickly because they realized how it doesn't work with the syllables and stress of his name.

Reactions: TwineTickler

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I was surprised that it got to him. My impression was that he got tired of being perennial top of the pack goalie at the end of a season and come back to the team every September and be a part of the trade and "who's the starter" rumor mill. Don't think any sane fans soured on him after the WH.

Is there such a thing???

TheTimThomasProject

Jun 6, 2009
Over the rainbow
Amen brother.

3 more wins. All else is nonsense. I don’t care how, or how long it takes.

Just win 3 out of the final 6.

Agreed. Nice win after a rough 1st period and start to the 2nd. Still plenty of series left. No doubt that St Louis will make adjustments for game two. A win in game one doesn't put a stranglehold on the series in favor of the Bs. There is still the possibility of momentum swings multiple times before a cup winner emerges. It's still early...

That said. Go Bs!!!!!! Glad they are back in the finals!

Reactions: bobbyorr04

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think that management wants to do anything that would be in any way perceived as controversial at this point.

Nor do I think Thomas would want to do it. Then again....

I'm not sure your Goalie who has carried the team so far would appreciate coming out to the ice to the crowd screaming Timmy. Goalies are odd, and the last thing I would want to do is something that could adversely impact Tuukka

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
And then there was Vancouver. You're not getting me with this one. uh uh.

ONE FRIGGEN GAME AT A TIME.

The Bruins aren't Vancouver not even close. Their demeanor confidence and mental fortitude is a lot stronger than that 2011 Canuck team.

One game at a time, your a fool if you don't play it that way and the Bruins aren't fools, but they are the best team in the NHL and they'll prove it. Winning that first game and coming back from a two goal deficit is huge, no matter how you look at it, there's a reason why its nearly 80 percent of first game winners go on to win the cup, because their the best team, its as simple as that no magical formula.

You would be playing the fool if you thought the Bruins had the mentality make-up that the series was over because they won game one. Their strength all season has been next man up , resiliency and their perseverance, proving that their mental strength is a little bit more stronger than thinking they've won the cup because they won game one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad