Game 1 pens
Game 2 pens
Game 3 preds
Game 4 pens
Game 5 pens

Conn Smythe: Crosby

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
he bolded where it says we lost twice in a row to Washington twice this year. Obviously that's wrong, because that would be 4 losses.

Well it would be possible if they lost 3 in a row which he may be thinking, but yeah they didn't.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Any of you guys know where you can watch all access? Don't have showtime but i'm dying to see these episodes

So far pretty solid. Unfortunately they had to rush a few with how the games fell on nights prior to the broadcast. But for a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes, it's amazing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
he bolded where it says we lost twice in a row to Washington twice this year. Obviously that's wrong, because that would be 4 losses.

Oh wait, I was wrong. For some reason, I thought the Penguins lost 3 in a row to Washington. That's my fault. That's right then, the Penguins have only lost back to back games twice in the playoffs in the last 2 years then.

pits200

Jul 3, 2011
Pens are better than the Preds going into this series.

My analysis, Vegas says so, those guys will know more about hockey than any of us. If they say the Pens are the favorite going into this series, then there must be a reason. Their analysis is much more comprehensive than anyone's on here.

MR50goalscorer

† Assyrian MMA †
Jan 26, 2008
Canada
#Back2Back Pittsburgh Penguins Black n Yellow

Tribute to the Defending Stanley Cup Champions and soon to be back2back

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

My analysis, Vegas says so, those guys will know more about hockey than any of us. If they say the Pens are the favorite going into this series, then their analysis is much harder more comprehensive than anyone's on here.
Vegas only cares about $$$$ how come people don't get this. If everyone was betting Nashville then they would be favorites.
Nashville was the favorite before game 6 of the ECF since they had already advanced and more money was bet on them.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

My analysis, Vegas says so, those guys will know more about hockey than any of us. If they say the Pens are the favorite going into this series, then there must be a reason. Their analysis is much more comprehensive than anyone's on here.

I have said this a million times. Bookies set the betting lines to generate bets both ways. If the betting is too one sided the lines move. So while betting lines are somewhat related to who the bookies think will win, it is only partially so. Mostly it reflects who is betting on who.

pits200

Jul 3, 2011
Vegas only cares about $$$$ how come people don't get this. If everyone was betting Nashville then they would be favorites.
Nashville was the favorite before game 6 of the ECF since they had already advanced and more money was bet on them.

Exactly, they are in it for the money which makes them impartial to favoritism and other outside factors.

If they make a bad line to start, they'll get smoked with the initial bets till the line moves to drive more action the other way.

If the bettors were the only thing that set the line why does it matter who they make the favorite at first if it all balances out at the end?

They made the odds worse on the pens because they feel they have a slightly better chance at winning this series. And at even odds they feel betting would be on the side of the Pens.

pits200

Jul 3, 2011

You don't get how betting works. Lines are set before any betting even happens, that is when a bookies analysis comes into play. If the entire country wants to bet Preds and drive their odds to become the favorite that still doesn't discount the initial line set by the bookie

useless

Feb 2, 2011
You don't get how betting works. Lines are set before any betting even happens, that is when a bookies analysis comes into play. If the entire country wants to bet Preds and drive their odds to become the favorite that still doesn't discount the initial line set by the bookie

People on this page seem to think sports betting is the same as betting on the ponies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

What is their analysis?

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh

The initial line by the bookie is still intended with the goal to make money, not predict the actual odds of the game. It will move based on where the money comes in, but the initial goal is to make it as even as possible for where the bets will be, not what the actual odds are of the outcome. Bookies already have information on how certain teams will be bet based on fan size and things like that so some of that is already baked into the original line even though it shifts as the actual bets come in. If one team has a huge following and is very popular among bettors and the other team is small, new, small following etc, then that will be taken into account with the opening line.

There is obviously some correlation since betors are generally trying to make money, but that is not the goal of an opening line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad