SCF | (EC2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Schedule in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Wasn't Neal a clubhouse cancer in Pittsburgh?

Clubhouse cancer? No way. He and Malkin were exceptionally close. If there were any gripes off the ice with Neal, it was that he was a bit of a jerk and liked to party. In other words, your typical star athlete, that's it.

On the ice, the issues were his two-way play and his penchant for bad penalties. But his shot was incredible and the chemistry he had with Malkin was outstanding.

Neal became expendable because he was too similar to the other Penguins scorers. They needed something different in their forward group and Hornqvist was the perfect target.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Kessel when he's carrying the puck imo, but Neal by a country mile at shooting as he receives a pass. Neal's one-time snapshot is absolutely insane, and Kessel simply doesn't have it.

Kessel is a better puck carrier overall, which leads to his better playmaking abilities, too. Neal has a harder shot and that one-timer.

captain cubicle

Jul 27, 2011
Clubhouse cancer? No way. He and Malkin were exceptionally close. If there were any gripes off the ice with Neal, it was that he was a bit of a jerk and liked to party. In other words, your typical star athlete, that's it.

On the ice, the issues were his two-way play and his penchant for bad penalties. But his shot was incredible and the chemistry he had with Malkin was outstanding.

Neal became expendable because he was too similar to the other Penguins scorers. They needed something different in their forward group and Hornqvist was the perfect target.

I went to a university in downtown pittsburgh so I knew a few girls who uhhhh knew James Neal lol. Never heard anything bad about him just had a reputation for partying.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Penguins in 6. The difference between the two center groups is just too big, the difference between their D groups doesn't fully bridge the gap between Crosby and Malkin vs Sissons and Fisher.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Game 1: Preds
Game 2: Pens
Game 3: Pens
Game 4: Preds
Game 5: Pens
Game 6: Preds
Game 7: Preds

How I see it but I'm also a Preds fan.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Game 1: Preds
Game 2: Pens
Game 3: Pens
Game 4: Preds
Game 5: Pens
Game 6: Preds
Game 7: Preds

How I see it but I'm also a Preds fan.

The Penguins have only lost 2 games in a row in the playoffs 3 times in the last 2 years (twice against Washington this year, one against Tampa Bay last year), and for some reason, I don't think game 6 and 7 of a cup finals would be the 4th time. That's one thing I'm really confident in this team doing, not losing back to back games.

Let me clarify, I'm not saying the Penguins won't lose back to back games, I just have trouble seeing a team that has won multiple cups losing games 6 and 7 to a team with little cup experience. Then again, the Wings did that in 2009, so what the hell do I know :laugh:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Pens in 7.

4-1 Predators
3-2 Penguins
3-0 Predators
4-2 Penguins
2-1 Predators
3-2 Penguins
2-1 Penguins

Last edited:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Pens in 5. I think they will benefit from a different style of game played by Nashville. I think Nashville is more like Washington with offensive D and weaker forwards, and the Pens will feast on that. Rinne better be great if the Preds stand a chance, imo.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Two of the top five players in the entire NHL play for the Pens. If they don't win they are a disappointment.

Of course it'll be a disappointment.

Will it be an absolute choke job like the president's trophy winners? Nope

TimbitsHockey877*

Mar 21, 2016
Neal never bought into the city. He seemed like a West Coast guy. I'm surprised he actually panned on in Nashville but good for them.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
those stories were pushed by the media. same as despres

And they were pushed by the media because they were afraid to attack the real problem: Ownership allowed Shero/Bylsma to run that place into the ground. Zero accountability. Zero structure. Zero identity.

The original trades were to get the right guys and be difficult to play against. Then we identified we were a speed team and Sully changed the culture. The media still doesn't give enough credit to Sully/JR curing the issues DB/Shero left.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
Neal was weak in the playoffs for the Pens, that's why I didn't like him. Didn't win puck battles, not very strong. But what do you expect from a sniper.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The Penguins have only lost 2 games in a row in the playoffs 3 times in the last 2 years (twice against Washington this year, one against Tampa Bay last year), and for some reason, I don't think game 6 and 7 of a cup finals would be the 4th time. That's one thing I'm really confident in this team doing, not losing back to back games.

Would love to see an explanation on how that's possible without getting eliminated,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland