OT: Scenic images

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
There are not many things I enjoy more than autumn & mist in the mountains..

DSCF7198.jpg

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Where is that @LemmyUlanov55 ? Very picturesque. Alps… ok. Swiss German, French? Who cares, beauty!
Thanks! The first three ranges belong to Germany in south-east Bavaria, the last couple of ranges are in Tyrol, Austria.

EDIT: Grade A level reading skills in the early morning on my part, lol.
I took the photo you actually asked about somewhere in the Bavarian Alps, Germany. But there's 1000's of similar/better spots, you just need to be at the right spot at the right time. ;)

@brentashton Another one from that series..

DSCF7190 1.jpg

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Thanks! The first three ranges belong to Germany in south-east Bavaria, the last couple of ranges are in Tyrol, Austria.

EDIT: Grade A level reading skills in the early morning on my part, lol.
I took the photo you actually asked about somewhere in the Bavarian Alps, Germany. But there's 1000's of similar/better spots, you just need to be at the right spot at the right time. ;)

@brentashton Another one from that series..

View attachment 576094
This looks like something I’d hang on the wall or do a puzzle of.

Awesome

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
*Apologies in advance if these appear ridiculously big on whatever device you are using. These are some of my favorite photos of my trip to England in April. Some post shooting editing was used but sparingly.
IMG_20220405_135220 (B&W).jpg

"Edward's Chair" on display in Westminster Abbey.

IMG_20220407_171622 (B&W).jpg

"The Camera" on the Oxford University campus. JRR Tolkien studied here. The prominent towers on the bottom right corner were his inspiration for the 2 towers in Lord of the Rings.

IMG_20220408_120406 (B&W).jpg

A beautiful distressed 16th century shop in Oxford. Note how the upper portion of the structure is leaning forward a bit.

IMG_20220410_134719 (B+W).jpg

Nice view of The White Tower and surrounding walls after we finished up our tour there.

IMG_20220409_135913 (B+W).jpg

A bunch of random rocks in some field. (Teehee)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
*Apologies in advance if these appear ridiculously big on whatever device you are using. These are some of my favorite photos of my trip to England in April. Some post shooting editing was used but sparingly.

View attachment 576459
Nice view of The White Tower and surrounding walls after we finished up our tour there.

)
Tower of London had to be one of my favorite places in London. I'm sure back in the day when it was in active official use it wasn't so much peoples favorite place. Just evokes the history on so many levels and Tower Bridge is iconic next to it. Not sure how much London has changed since but its comforting to know some things stay the same.

Unfortunately living in a place like Edmonton theres precious little of that kind of continuity. This is the city where we tear down favorite places a lot. Or repurpose them to non public use (for instance most of the beautiful Revillon building DT. Or all the Jasper Ave theaters either closed, torn down, or repurposed. Not one of the DT standalone theaters exists still. Even small towns have more sense to preserve institutions. The Strand was a historic property. Charlie Chaplin among others performed there in vaudeville shows..

I hunger for some more preserved history.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad