OT: Scenic images

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Some Colorado pictures from 2016. Mt Evans, Black Canyon of the Gunnison and train ride from Silverton to Durango. Drove 1083 miles during my trip in CO. Quite the place. View attachment 464831 View attachment 464832 View attachment 464833 View attachment 464834 View attachment 464835 View attachment 464836 Hope you like.

I was in Colorado back in 2019 in May. Stayed in Inverness area for a week and went to Red Rocks. Didn’t get to see a concert but I was amazed with the area

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Big Harvest moon here last night. Should have taken picture of moon last night
90470027-73F1-47B7-8AF8-A4D8C27D9858.jpeg

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I was in Colorado back in 2019 in May. Stayed in Inverness area for a week and went to Red Rocks. Didn’t get to see a concert but I was amazed with the area
Nice.. stopped at Red Rocks briefly. Would have been something if there was a concert going on at the time.
I had stayed with friends in Castle Rock which I see is fairly close to where you were. I-25 is a pretty tough stretch near Denver. Busy...I hope you didn't take the E470 Toll road to the airport or anywhere else for that matter I did. One of the most expensive toll roads in US for it's short length. None of the toll booths were operational so I had no idea. $$$. Damn US with their toll roads. Florida is full of them.

Reactions: oilers'72

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Nice.. stopped at Red Rocks briefly. Would have been something if there was a concert going on at the time.
I had stayed with friends in Castle Rock which I see is fairly close to where you were. I-25 is a pretty tough stretch near Denver. Busy...I hope you didn't take the E470 Toll road to the airport or anywhere else for that matter I did. One of the most expensive toll roads in US for it's short length. None of the toll booths were operational so I had no idea. $$$. Damn US with their toll roads. Florida is full of them.

I was actually there on a work course. I never drove into Denver once. I noticed there was road construction everywhere. Probably making lots of tax money from the weed business
That’s what I can’t understand. For a state that legalized pot first and sells a pile of it, why do they have so many shootings? The shootings they have are usually mass shootings

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah only issue is that the runway is too short for jets, so you can only take Porter or Air Canada short distances on their Dash 8s.

Farthest they go is Orlando.
Yes, I mentioned Porter. They use fly outta Halifax . I’m not so sure now with Covid. I never landed there

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
View attachment 466474

Last night I had a deer commit suicide with the front of my truck. Moose bumper saved the day as there was zero damage to anything, not even a blood stain. I took pictures to cover myself and thought this one looked rather rad in the middle of the night.
Wow! My grandpa was a trucker for years and he has all kinds of interesting animal encounter stories.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
5745962D-94CE-4007-AAC6-A6067FD62E8D.jpeg

Burning a tiny bit of deadfall and an old rain barrel at my buddies place last week in New Brunswick. Later chucked on some old wooden stairs and about 10 huge tree stumps. Flames got to be about 15 feet high and the heat coming off of it was intense. Oh and more than 1 beer died that night while we solved the worlds problems. Funny how all the worlds problems can be solved fireside with a few cold ones.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
View attachment 466500

Burning a tiny bit of deadfall and an old rain barrel at my buddies place last week in New Brunswick. Later chucked on some old wooden stairs and about 10 huge tree stumps. Flames got to be about 15 feet high and the heat coming off of it was intense. Oh and more than 1 beer died that night while we solved the worlds problems. Funny how all the worlds problems can be solved fireside with a few cold ones.

This is the most success the Lames will see all season

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Couldn't stop to take any pictures, but driving through St Louis, MO on the I64 is so much fun

It goes downtown, becomes a viaduct, and it's right beside the big baseball stadium, and going eastbound, the mississippi river is right beside it all

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019

I promise you'll have the time of your life.

That's easy to promise, I know I will :) The only problem is I'd love to watch a game in Edmonton, but then again the summer would probably be the best time to travel and also easiest due to the kids holiday. But one possibility would be to travel so that we could finish the trip in September (so the kids would take a few weeks off) and we could watch a preason game.

Reactions: yukoner88

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
That's easy to promise, I know I will :) The only problem is I'd love to watch a game in Edmonton, but then again the summer would probably be the best time to travel and also easiest due to the kids holiday. But one possibility would be to travel so that we could finish the trip in September (so the kids would take a few weeks off) and we could watch a preason game.

Where abouts is your home land?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad