Scariest Moments You've Seen Live

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Yup. I remember thinking “whoa, that skate blade kicked up! Wonder if anything happened..” as the camera panned. Then it cuts back, and dear lord. Idk, somewhat desensitized already by then, but still weird.

From a fight with Tkachuk? Whoa, didn’t know about that one. Any insight on what happened?

The slash that sliced McSween's forearm was accidental.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I was watching on TV, well technically an illegal stream from an Iceland-based website, when Winnik was knocked out in a game vs the Avs. He was completely motionless on the ice from a relatively innocuous collision. Seeing all the players on both teams so concerned was terrifying, definite shades of the Tavares Perry collision.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Yoibishevs injury. One of the worst ive seen.
so much blood you could taste the metal.

Also remember when masters on cracked his head on the ice and died I could hear it all the way in the nosebloods. I was only a baby I was 2 days old at the time but I remember being asleep in my mothers arms in the crowd and hearing a loud crack and everyone panicking.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
In hockey? Zednik, Jiri, Peverley, Pronger for sure. Pacioretty was bad too. Moore also. In racing, probably Marco Simoncelli getting his head run over in the Malaysia Motogp race, and the camera showing his girlfriend watching in the pit garage. Absolutely awful.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
McDonagh firing a slapper into Zuccarello's skull. Pretty sure Zucc had to relearn how to talk as a result.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
I was at the game in April 2017 where Michal Neuvirth just collapsed in the crease during a TV timeout against the Devils. Neuvirth was the Flyers backup at the time and the starter Steve Mason was out for that game, so Anthony Stolarz was on the bench. Stolie played the rest of the game, and the Flyers won 3-0, Neuvirth even managed to get the win, despite leaving very early. The Flyers tried to put the EBUG Eric Semborksi in at the end, Lou Nolan even announced his name, but the refs made him get back on the bench and Stolarz went back in net.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
This is a memory from when I was like 10 or 11 (mid 90s) so I can't even remember who it was or what teams were playing, but I saw a moment on live TV where a player was skating sort of at an angle through center, went to dump the puck in, toe-picked, and slammed headfirst STRAIGHT into the boards. Ended up being okay but it was scary.

I know it's on Youtube somewhere I just have no idea what to search.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Johnson is a piece of garbage.

A homeless piece of garbage.

A couple nobody mentioned yet that I had the displeasure to watch live on TV:

Marc Vivien Foe dying on the pitch playing for his national side. His eyes rolling back is an image I'll never forget.

Ondrej Pavelec collapsing on the ice. I thought he was dead for sure.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It's always pretty scary when you go to a game and someone has some kind of episode in the stands like a heart attack or something. Paramedics involved. Hush goes over the building, it's pretty weird

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad