OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
yep. Haven't played enough to call it solved, but longer than expected based on recent results.

Nice.

Man... I've been in that spot before, though. It's like... it fixes it but now you are asking yourself "should I pursue a real solution to this or just live with this unholy computer/fan amalgamation I've created that sounds like a hundred (original run) powered-on Xbox 360s chucked into a wind tunnel?"

I think we both know the answer.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Nice.

Man... I've been in that spot before, though. It's like... it fixes it but now you are asking yourself "should I pursue a real solution to this or just live with this unholy computer/fan amalgamation I've created that sounds like a hundred (original run) powered-on Xbox 360s chucked into a wind tunnel?"

monstrosity it is

PS: Prey is really freaking good. It's the kind of open world style game that actually makes me want to be in the world. And it's open enough to feel authentic, but small enough that it feels like it was all actually crafted for a purpose instead of just as filler.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
monstrosity it is

PS: Prey is really freaking good. It's the kind of open world style game that actually makes me want to be in the world. And it's open enough to feel authentic, but small enough that it feels like it was all actually crafted for a purpose instead of just as filler.

Adding it to my already-bloated wishlist so that I can eventually add it to my even-more-bloated library that I've only actually played about 15% of.

This doesn't even touch on the fact that I basically built a supercomputer to mostly play games that require like... a potato plugged into a 9V battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I saw this post on article on PCG and I figured I am curious and will ask it here:

'Do you turn your pc off when you are not using it? (windows, linux, pc, mac, watever you choose to sport)

Like the old days for us old heads, when up-time was an important non-important thing.
Sleep. It's always on sleep.

Reactions: shoplifter

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Nice.

Yes. Experiment with ways to make the fan run quieter. :nod:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
My gf is binging lost.

I still can't figure out why that show was ever a hit. It's just terrible to me.

It started 3 years before the first iPhone.

It was a different time. People were told it was a hit. And they made it one.

Fun fact, I have seen zero episodes and feel like I missed nothing.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
My gf is binging lost.

I still can't figure out why that show was ever a hit. It's just terrible to me.
It started out like it was going to be a cool survival show but it "lost" me when it turned to the mystery and make believe.

It did have good character development. I think some people got attached and looked past the turd of a story.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It started out like it was going to be a cool survival show but it "lost" me when it turned to the mystery and make believe.

It did have good character development. I think some people got attached and looked past the turd of a story.
It's this, it's the characters.

LOST is one of my favorites. Flawed as all hell, but I love it. And I never watched it live for what that's worth. I'm a sucker for big dramatic character moments and lost does that as well as any show I've ever watched.

"We're gonna have to take the boy" and "we have to go back!" are two of the best moments of tv history imo

I tend to have the opposite problem as most people about the actual story. I think it actually tried too hard to give answers. I think it should have just let the weird shit happen with little to no explanation. Stay focused on the characters and the conflict with the others and let the viewer decide what's up with the supernatural shit. I don't care if/why the island actually has magic powers, but I do care what the characters think about it. Considering how he handled The Leftovers I think Lindeloff would agree.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Admittedly it's been a few years since I binged watched the whole thing but I didn't think Lost was THAT bad. It wasn't this grand masterpiece that some wanted to paint it as and I think they kinda lost the plot towards the end. But I certainly didn't regret watching it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My gf is binging lost.

Rewatching it I say the same thing, but when wifey and I first started watching it, it was so fun to speculate what was going to happen etc.
It was super annoying how everyone wanted to jump Jack's bones throughout the earlier seasons. 'OH JACK. OOOOOhhhh Jack! Jack! JACK! HEY JACK! I LOVE YOU JACK! Jack you rock my world!'

*barf*

Also, rewatching is brutal with the flashbacks and all the plot-lines that you know go nowhere after you have rewatch knowledge.

A few shows are like that though: rewatch fatigue. That were previously great shows. Game of thrones with that horrendous ending and final few seasons ruined subsequent rewatches for me.

Breaking Bad is eff'ing incredible on rewatch. Well, actually, Breaking Bad is incredible on rewatches 1, 2, 3 and 4 to be honest.

What are you watching currently hog?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The funniest part of LOST was it was originally supposed to be a serialized version of Castaway the movie.
That is a cool/interesting behind the scenes fact. Castaway was a great movie too.

They must have realized there is not much content ideas with that premise. So they thought how can we get around that brick wall:
'Let's throw in 30 characters as the main cast and get super-natural'.

Honestly, not much story or plot ideas being stranded on a deserted island heh.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Rewatching it I say the same thing, but when wifey and I first started watching it, it was so fun to speculate what was going to happen etc.
It was super annoying how everyone wanted to jump Jack's bones throughout the earlier seasons. 'OH JACK. OOOOOhhhh Jack! Jack! JACK! HEY JACK! I LOVE YOU JACK! Jack you rock my world!'

*barf*

Also, rewatching is brutal with the flashbacks and all the plot-lines that you know go nowhere after you have rewatch knowledge.

A few shows are like that though: rewatch fatigue. That were previously great shows. Game of thrones with that horrendous ending and final few seasons ruined subsequent rewatches for me.

Breaking Bad is eff'ing incredible on rewatch. Well, actually, Breaking Bad is incredible on rewatches 1, 2, 3 and 4 to be honest.

What are you watching currently hog?
I was rewatching...

Stargate Atlantis
Psych
Frasier

Shows wise that are current - Animal Kingdom

Waiting on Mind hunter to f***ing release finally so I can binge that at work and pretend I'm doing reports. You know, like an adult.

You?

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I was rewatching...

Stargate Atlantis
Psych
Frasier

Shows wise that are current - Animal Kingdom

Waiting on Mind hunter to ****ing release finally so I can binge that at work and pretend I'm doing reports. You know, like an adult.

You?

I loved Mind Hunter season 1. It's slow and built for a mature audience and I enjoy that.
+1 for Fraiser. Don't need to say much more for that show - It's awesomeness speaks for itself

Me? Hmmm... I'll post a quicky with what I bounce to when I'm doing a quick watch, but gimmi some time to post others and what I'm looking forward to. Netflix shows I'll bold.

What I watch as a quick go-to, but not always pay attention to:
'Trailer Park Boys'
'Workaholics' ---- Recently found this out as I was at a friends who had this on during his free Prime month or whatever. HILARIOUS.
'That 70's show'
'Fraiser'

Don't watch as often, and / or looking forward to because it's inbetween seasons:
'Vikings'
'Mind Hunter'
'Sopranos' Rewatching here and there. Such an excellent show.
'The King of Queens' Watch here and there
'Rick and Morty' New season 4 I think? Coming soon
'The Seven Deadly Sins' Watch here and there
'Castlevania' Great show, can't wait for season 3
'Wu Assassins' Checking it out, not sure if I will watch or not until I check out a few ep's.
'West World' Season 3
'F is for Family'
'BoJack Horseman'
Super excited for new season. 2020 I think :(
'Pittsburgh Penguins' New season - 2019-2020 =]

Movies I have looking forward to watching:
'Endgame'
'John Wick 3'
'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Can't wait to download this one. I am a huge Tarantino (sp?) fan.

My show category arrangement kind of fell apart and I should have just made it one all together heh.
There are a few others I have to think about show wise. Movies I definitely have to think about, what I'm into and waiting for.

Book wise, I'm reading: 'What the Night Knows' by Dean Koontz. So far it is great. Murder mystery with supernatural elements - only elements so far - and he is a detective, but it's not his case.

I read surprisingly often that even my wife get's surprised, hah.

Games I'm playing RIGHT NOW. Not backlog, actually playing:

'Outer Wilds' Pretty weird and entertaining space game. You'd have to duck duck go search it to get the premise. (I have banned the G world search engine from my house hold.) I let the kid get away with it because she is 6.

'Oxygen Not Included' Pretty wild entertaining stuff. You'd have to check that one out for yourselt, it is awesome though.

'Kentucky Route Zero'
'Stardew Valley'

/////////

Do you game at all? If so what are you playing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory

wow! I posted a wall.

Yeah I'm kind of all over the place with shows at the moment. I don't have a solid show that I am watching / must watch currently. Being the middle / home stretch of summer I'm kind of out-doors a lot taking bowser and kid on lots of walks playing football (soccer) with the kid and wifey... walking bowser up the mountain / to swim spots, he loves to swim. Visiting my grand mother, shes 91, a lot actually. I slept at her house the other night actually.

She is such a soothing person... a dying breed of generational people - she has an amazing soul. OH, but I slept there because she has an outside porch that is surrounded by all windows so it is breezy and open like being outside and you can see the moon and the stars. Most importantly though she has this super old school kind of couch swing where I read my book and sway. Though I love this swing so much (as does she and everyone else haha) I love to sleep on it and take naps. So the other day I hung out with her as my family played / hungout with her. I brought my book and read laying down on the couch swing on the porch and I just stayed over and slept there. Great Grand Mom loves the company and loves her great grand daughter - I named my daughter after my grand mother.

It was an incredible evening. I think I'm going to sleep over there again sometime this week =]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad