Scandella slash on Tavares, hit on Nelson/ Scandella Suspended 2 GMs

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
JT got in a couple slashes on Scandy who then lost the puck to JT and as he skated towards Backstrom that's when Scandella retaliated trying to stop a good scoring chance by slashing JT. It was a slash and NYI got a PP. Gladly it didn't look like JT ended up with an injury.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Was far from an ugly hit, but the fact that he was fined for a hit last week may mean he gets to sit a game or two.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Nothing dirty about this play. It was a smart penalty to take.

thread should be about the high hit.

He took a baseball swing at a guy's knees. The more I look at this, the more I don't like this. There is no reason why you would take a swing at a guy's legs like this unless you're trying to take out his knee.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
OMG it's a slash on a breakaway! Gotta go start a mainboard thread!

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
He took a baseball swing at a guy's knees. The more I look at this, the more I don't like this. There is no reason why you would take a swing at a guy's legs like this unless you're trying to take out his knee.

Not even close.Trying to injure the guy isn't on his mind at that point obviously he's doing whatever it takes to stop a high percentage opportunity.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not even close.Trying to injure the guy isn't on his mind at that point obviously he's doing whatever it takes to stop a high percentage opportunity.

Including swinging at a vulnerable part of the leg? On the reverse, Wild fans would be pissed if someone did this to one of their players and barely missing. I can't see any justification for taking a swing at someone's leg even if it is to stop a player from scoring. It's a dangerous and reckless act that could end up destroying a career. It's these types of hits that the NHL needs to watch carefully.

space321

May 11, 2011

Have you ever watched baseball? Since when were baseball swings 1 handed?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Pretty amazed at how many are saying this is "nothing". That's a really ugly swing that had no chance of hitting anything but JT's legs. Most slashes are at least aimed a player's stick, and rarely do you see a guy take a full swing with his stick like Scandella does here.

Ugly as heck imo, but I guess it's just a good hockey play in a lot of people's eyes? SMH.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Have you ever watched baseball? Since when were baseball swings 1 handed?

Since when are full swings toward the leg nothing? You can do a lot of damage even with a swing like that. As well, have you ever seen a baseball swing? This isn't like his stick was straight forward and then he tried to tap Tavares in the leg with his blade. This is coming from the side and around; hence a baseball swing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Typical slashing penalty. He got 2 minutes. Get over it, christ.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Three seconds or so before that play Scandella coughed up the puck at the blue line. Why? He was slashed two or three times on the leg by Tavares.

Don't believe me? TaKe a look at the game. Clear as day.

well that makes everything ok then... he shouldn't have wasted that free slash pass on his knee then... he should have just two handed him in the face... :shakehead hockeyfan logic on this stuff is absurd. He was beaten and was trying to take out his knee. Sticks are weapons and whenever they are used as such, especially the careless dangerous times, the penalty should be uber severe.

If a guy has you legitimately beat make a legitimate play to get back in it or suck it up and hope your goalie bails you out. intent to injure or a play that is carless enough to really injure a guy should be punished in a major way. He wasn't even trying to get the puck... it was a desperation slash the whole way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad