Scandella slash on Tavares, hit on Nelson/ Scandella Suspended 2 GMs

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
2 game ban for Marco Scandella for an illegal check to the head of Brock Nelson.

Only 10 days prior, Scandella was fined for the exact same thing on T.J. Oshie.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
hmm... probably one of the weakest suspensions ever...

If he didnt hit oshie the other week the league doesn't even look at this.

Nothingman*

Last week, and the chicken wing thing during this hit, led to this. He basically gave the league the middle finger by continuing to do what he was just fined for. What do you expect the league to do when that happens?!

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
FirstMintyIguanodon.gif

doesn't look that bad imo

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
would have just been a fine if he didn't do essentially the same thing a few days prior

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Kind of unbelievable to me to see 2 games from that. Nelson didn't even leave the game.

This league is changing and not for the better.

One of the Blues beat writers said they were livid he didn't get more for the Oshie hit. Absolutely furious and I understand why. Maybe this was the league back tracking a little bit?

Determining a suspension based on how the victim turns out after is the dumbest thing this league does, and that says a lot.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
You can't get fined for a hit to the head, turn around a short amount of time later and do it again and not expect repercussion. I think the league made the right call; a little harder slap on the wrist this time.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
That slash is hilarious. Dude looks like he is wielding some Valaryian steel sword, not a hockey stick.

Good that he got 2 games for hitting Nelson up high. Cya later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad