Saying farewell to Fugu :( Update: Obituary in OP

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
So very sad..... we here at BOH were more than any other Board at hf lucky enough to have enjoyed her constant presence, class, dignity & grace more so than any other. She always strove to elevate the tone of conversation in pushing not only herself to be as objective as possible but so too for everyone else to be so..... that the BOH would be inclusive and open to all regardless of the depths of ones knowledge on whatever topic or thread... that you all be welcomed & encouraged, greeted warmly, to come on in weary traveler, pull up a stool by the fireside, for there are tales of truth to be told and some far stranger than fiction.

Over the past 8yrs I worked very closely with her, got to know her extremely well, by far my absolute Best Friend on this site as she was in fact to many others as well. Very impressive individual. Wonderful sense of humor, an ever curious mind, absolutely adored the game & had since childhood growing up in Chicago, even learning the Canadian National Anthem & singing along with that.... IQ off the charts. Loved, LOVED music. Progressive Rock in particular, Blues & Progressive Blues, Joe Bonamassa in particular who I was happy to have introduced to her.... just on & on. So many memories. So much time spent together and not one minute I would trade for all the gold in Aladdin's Cave.

Very very special person indeed. My deepest condolences to her Husband, her Son & Daughter who I know she was/is very VERY proud of.... to her Parents. It is said there is nothing worse than losing a child, and be they 5, 15 or 56, this I know a terrible blow...... Life.... at times..... just so unfair..... Know that your Daughter, Mom, Wife... brought so much happiness, joy, edification & sunlight to so so many here. She was & will always be loved by this community, by this family.... a true Superstar who's light guided the way for so many & will shine forever brightly over those who dare to dream, seek truth.

Killion, as always you have said exactly what so many of us feel but in a manner that few could match. A fitting tribute to our friend that we will all miss greatly!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This was one of Fugu's favorite avatars...the Snowy Owl...

As tribute...I am changing mine for the next seven days...in her honor...

If you would like to honor her, you can also download this image from here: Fugu — Postimage.org

Save it to your computer system, and then change your avatar (be sure to center it) in your profile...

Her wisdom will be missed...

an example of her humour is the avatar I have brought back--there were a lot of complaints about it and I think there will be more--what cracked her up was the fact it was a real sign here in the UK for nearly 25 years before some little old lady filed a complaint about the sign--no one had thought about it that way

it is her sense of humour I am going to miss and the people who have posted that she was HF mom--are right--I think the site and its members somewhat help fill the void when her children moved out

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Beautiful touch to name this forum in Fugu’s honour.

There’s just a whole flood of memories coming back as I type this. It was truly an honour to have modded on this board with her.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Very very sad news. Beautiful gesture to name the BOH in her honor.

RIP Fugu.

Reactions: Killion

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
So very sad..... we here at BOH were more than any other Board at hf lucky enough to have enjoyed her constant presence, class, dignity & grace more so than any other. She always strove to elevate the tone of conversation in pushing not only herself to be as objective as possible but so too for everyone else to be so..... that the BOH would be inclusive and open to all regardless of the depths of ones knowledge on whatever topic or thread... that you all be welcomed & encouraged, greeted warmly, to come on in weary traveler, pull up a stool by the fireside, for there are tales of truth to be told and some far stranger than fiction.

Over the past 8yrs I worked very closely with her, got to know her extremely well, by far my absolute Best Friend on this site as she was in fact to many others as well. Very impressive individual. Wonderful sense of humor, an ever curious mind, absolutely adored the game & had since childhood growing up in Chicago, even learning the Canadian National Anthem & singing along with that.... IQ off the charts. Loved, LOVED music. Progressive Rock in particular, Blues & Progressive Blues, Joe Bonamassa in particular who I was happy to have introduced to her.... just on & on. So many memories. So much time spent together and not one minute I would trade for all the gold in Aladdin's Cave.

Very very special person indeed. My deepest condolences to her Husband, her Son & Daughter who I know she was/is very VERY proud of.... to her Parents. It is said there is nothing worse than losing a child, and be they 5, 15 or 56, this I know a terrible blow...... Life.... at times..... just so unfair..... Know that your Daughter, Mom, Wife... brought so much happiness, joy, edification & sunlight to so so many here. She was & will always be loved by this community, by this family.... a true Superstar who's light guided the way for so many & will shine forever brightly over those who dare to dream, seek truth.

Beautiful post, Killy.

And my deepest condolences to her family. Her son and daughter, who she was so immensely proud of. Her husband, who she spoke so glowingly of as a husband and father. If they’re reading this, I hope they all know how much her love for you was apparent in reading her posts and messages.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Will be missed... one of the first mods that gave me an infraction when I was an immature high School kid a decade ago.

RIP.

Reactions: Killion

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
While every person is unique and therefore valuable, it is also true that every group of people has certain among them who are irreplaceable. Fugu is that to us....irreplaceable.

Thank you to her vision, her sincerity, her honesty, her loyalty to the Wings but moreso to facts, her knowledge and her tireless quest for information from many resources.

Board rename... Very appropriate. Without her we would not exist.

May we be wise and keep the same ideals, so as not so lose what's been given to us.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I don't post often on here anymore but I do read posts 4 or 5 times a week.

When i read what happened I was (and still am) genuinely sad and had moist eyes.

This, for someone I never met in life but someone I wish I had the pleasure to.

Fugu was intelligent, considerate, caring and I could feel the warmth of her compassion even through a private message.

I was fortunate to know her on here and for that will be forever grateful.

Condolences to her Family and Friends.

Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
–Dr. Seuss

R.I.P. Fugu, you will be missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->