Saying farewell to Fugu :( Update: Obituary in OP

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
such a great way to pay respect to her by renaming this board in her honor.

we all have to step up even more when posting in here to maintain her high level of standards.

and if I can add a bit of humor which I know she would appreciate, if something happens to me, I would like to request the renaming of the prospect board in my honor???.....or maybe can I get the All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNDP etc board???........ok ok, I will take the Wrestling board!

RIP Fugu!

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
such a great way to pay respect to her by renaming this board in her honor.

we all have to step up even more when posting in here to maintain her high level of standards.

and if I can add a bit of humor which I know she would appreciate, if something happens to me, I would like to request the renaming of the prospect board in my honor???.....or maybe can I get the All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNDP etc board???........ok ok, I will take the Wrestling board!

RIP Fugu!

I think @Live in the Now is a wrestling fan so I think he gets that one.

@Doctor No gets the By the Numbers sub-forum.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fugu's husband has sent me the details of Fugu's memorial service.

I hope some BoH members who live in the Vancouver/Seattle corridor can represent us.

He expressly said

It would be cool if some of the guys from the forum who live in the area are able to make it. Even without that, it has been tremendously helpful to me to read the generous comments by her friends on the forum and on the donation page which you guys set up for her. I saw last night that you had renamed the BoH forum for her, which is really awesome.

It will be Monday, October 8th (Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving)

Bellingham Cruise Terminal,
355 Harris Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225
at 3:00 p.m

Instead of sending flowers, we are asking people to consider donating to the Breast Cancer Research Fund at https://give.bcrf.org/fundraiser/1658206
or to the charity of their choice.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Fugu's husband has sent me the details of Fugu's memorial service.

I hope some BoH members who live in the Vancouver/Seattle corridor can represent us.

He expressly said

It would be cool if some of the guys from the forum who live in the area are able to make it. Even without that, it has been tremendously helpful to me to read the generous comments by her friends on the forum and on the donation page which you guys set up for her. I saw last night that you had renamed the BoH forum for her, which is really awesome.

It will be Monday, October 8th (Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving)

Bellingham Cruise Terminal,
355 Harris Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225
at 3:00 p.m

Instead of sending flowers, we are asking people to consider donating to the Breast Cancer Research Fund at https://give.bcrf.org/fundraiser/1658206
or to the charity of their choice.

If I still lived in Vancouver I would go

Reactions: Killion

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I learned this today from Fugu's husband.

Her parents were able to escape Yugoslavia in 1969 when she was 7 and they resettled to East Chicago, Indiana and her father worked at a steel mill there for 40 years.

And I just learned that she was from the same part of the world as I am. My grandmother from father side was born and raised in the same city as Fugu (Prnjavor). World is indeed such a small place.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Beautiful logo change on the banner.
upload_2018-10-3_20-48-49.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
You are a classy person, Fenway. Thank you. :)

I must admit I had second thoughts after I ordered the item that the family would think it was tacky but my initial instinct was correct.

It is killing me that I can not make it out there for her 'Celebration of Life' but October 8th is the Bruins home opener and our crews are spread thin because of the baseball playoffs.

I really hope that someone who is a BoH regular and lives in the Seattle/Vancouver corridor can represent us on Monday at her Celebration of Life.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...-obituary-in-op.2542805/page-2#post-149768917

My understanding is the service will be recorded and made available to watch online.

When I first became a Mod at HF it was because @Killion nominated me for BoH and Fugu agreed. Over the years she kept promoting me until finally I was given the keys to the entire board. A year ago she asked me to become the Mod supervisor at BoH on an interim basis until she was strong enough to return. :cry:

The last thing she was involved in on BoH was putting the Coyotes Megathread on hiatus which she wanted to be done but she agreed with my suggestion to give notice that we would shut it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->