Say something positive thread

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
My wife, who watches little hockey, walked by during a recent game when they were wearing third jerseys and said, "those look like their old jerseys." It's the little things sometimes that get you through the tough times. . .

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I really like the classic '92 Yellow thirds. I wonder if we are phasing out the vegas gold jerseys because of a certain rumored expansion franchise. ;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The are not as bad as they looked since Letang went down. Letang has been hurt before and they were fine. They will not be dressing five defensemen, they will have had a week's rest and at least some people will be back. In fact they should be about the same as the team we had most of this year.

Most see them as Buffalo but worse. I hope that the Rags do as well. If they do they will lose because although the Rags are better the Pens are not the pushover most think that they are. The team with three hands tied behind it's back since Letang went down is not the same team that will take the ice on Thursday.

Hell, I said that entire post with almost a straight face. I think that I even convinced myself. Some of it is even true.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
The are not as bad as they looked since Letang went down. Letang has been hurt before and they were fine. They will not be dressing five defensemen, they will have had a week's rest and at least some people will be back. In fact they should be about the same as the team we had most of this year.

Most see them as Buffalo but worse. I hope that the Rags do as well. If they do they will lose because although the Rags are better the Pens are not the pushover most think that they are. The team with three hands tied behind it's back since Letang went down is not the same team that will take the ice on Thursday.

Hell, I said that entire post with almost a straight face. I think that I even convinced myself. Some of it is even true.

Well, look at you ... you're going to have to change your user name if you keep this up :laugh:

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
I know I am resurrecting my own thread but I feel it is needed.

The offseason acquisition of Phil Kessel gave us all hope for a Penguins team that would just score score score.

Since the pre-season games began we have been sucker-punched by the continued obsession with Kunitz on the top line.

I am sure many will disagree with me but here goes with some positive thinking...

1. Kessel has been just what we hoped for.
2. Flower has continued where he left off last year.
3. BB is not on the 4th line.
4. Sprong had been a very nice surprise, confident, strong, active forechecking, just needs a goal to ignite his fire.
5. Whatever anyone thinks of him, Lovejoy was solid against Arizona. Blocking shots, good stick, Physical...everything scuderi is not.
6. Plots has looked good, unlucky not to score against yotes.
7. Crosby hasn't turned it on yet
8. Horny is still in the goalies face, it'll get us goals soon!
9. 2/5 of our goals against were on the PK, lots of new guys on the PK, time for that to sure up.
10. Kunitz will be traded at the deadline.
11. Scuderi will sit once Pouliot remembers how to play hockey.
12. Adams isn't on this team
13. We will win a bunch of games, look great then lose one and we will all thinking we will miss the playoffs again.
14. If we really suck as bad as reading this board makes out then MJ won't be here beyond Christmas.
15. In 9/10 games we would have put 5 past Mike Smith, he was outstanding. Don't pretend he wasn't.
Ps. Geno hasn't turned it on yet. At all. Just wait.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
I know I am resurrecting my own thread but I feel it is needed.

The offseason acquisition of Phil Kessel gave us all hope for a Penguins team that would just score score score.

Since the pre-season games began we have been sucker-punched by the continued obsession with Kunitz on the top line.

I am sure many will disagree with me but here goes with some positive thinking...

1. Kessel has been just what we hoped for.
2. Flower has continued where he left off last year.
3. BB is not on the 4th line.
4. Sprong had been a very nice surprise, confident, strong, active forechecking, just needs a goal to ignite his fire.
5. Whatever anyone thinks of him, Lovejoy was solid against Arizona. Blocking shots, good stick, Physical...everything scuderi is not.
6. Plots has looked good, unlucky not to score against yotes.
7. Crosby hasn't turned it on yet
8. Horny is still in the goalies face, it'll get us goals soon!
9. 2/5 of our goals against were on the PK, lots of new guys on the PK, time for that to sure up.
10. Kunitz will be traded at the deadline.
11. Scuderi will sit once Pouliot remembers how to play hockey.
12. Adams isn't on this team
13. We will win a bunch of games, look great then lose one and we will all thinking we will miss the playoffs again.
14. If we really suck as bad as reading this board makes out then MJ won't be here beyond Christmas.
15. In 9/10 games we would have put 5 past Mike Smith, he was outstanding. Don't pretend he wasn't.
Ps. Geno hasn't turned it on yet. At all. Just wait.

There is no evidence that these things are going to happen/change.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
There is no evidence that these things are going to happen/change.

7. Crosby hasn't turned it on yet Urm, well if he has turned it on then I don't know what hockey I have been watching for the last 10 years!
10. Kunitz will be traded at the deadline. True, but man can hope
11. Scuderi will sit once Pouliot remembers how to play hockey.I think it was clear that Pouliot was pencilled in to the line-up until he screwed up in pre-season, Scuderi was rotating most of the pre-season in practice
14. If we really suck as bad as reading this board makes out then MJ won't be here beyond Christmas.Truest of all, if we continue to suck in the way it is made out on here then we will lose every game, Kunitz won't score a point ever, Scuderi will continue to put the puck in his own net. BB will rot as our 13th Forward, we will have a 0% PP, 1%PK...tell me how you keep a coach with that record!?
15. In 9/10 games we would have put 5 past Mike Smith, he was outstanding. Don't pretend he wasn't. May be not 5 in all 9 games but we sure would have won...most of them (this is a positivity thread, I am being optimistic...
Ps. Geno hasn't turned it on yet. At all. Just wait.Again, if he has it 'on' then I am missing something...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad