Say something positive thread

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Rewind to 11 months ago. We NEEDED rid of Bylsma and Shero, that happened. We needed a gritty tough forward like Hornqvist, that happened. We needed Sid to start to look like Sid again, that's at least heppenING. We wanted a team built to win in the playoffs and we got MUCH closer to that than the previous regime could have possibly done given their lack of competence.

All in all a LOT positive happened this season and everything that was broken could not be fixed in one year. The road to reconstruction, while proving to be painful, has at least been started and that is something we've waited years to see.

I still think we get in and still think we can "hit the switch" and win this thing, but if that all falls apart it will still have been a better season than it would have been with Ray and Dan setting us up for failure another season.

Would you rather be where we are today or where we were 12 months ago? Yes, 12 months ago we were locked into a playoff spot but we also knew failure was on the horizon. Now, well, maybe we don't get in, but at least we are heading in the right direction. Like it or not.
12 moths ago we still had some trading chips that we could use to fix the team today we have .........................................................................lovejoy

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Good thread. Surprised there's more than 1 post based off of the people on this board.

+ Bandwagon getting smaller.
+ Cheaper Tickets
+ No pressure if they get in

-Malkin trade talk, if they trade him thats probably the only thing that can turn me off from this organization. (Or crosby for that matter, but much more unlikely)

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
+ Ian Cole is our best healthy defensemen
- Ian Cole is our best healthy defensemen

I'm kidding, but really I have been absolutely impressed with Cole.

Obviously, Horny is the man. What a bright spot amongst a bunch of losers.

It's heartwarming to see MAF have such a fantastic season. If he were even a tad more medicore we would have missed the playoffs 100%.

Letang is entering his prime and reaching his full potential as an elite #1 (thank god).

Beau has been oft injured, his lack of confidence shows, but I see the player he can be and I am still sure that he can become a very good depth player for this team. The kind of players that fill out winning rosters.

Also it's nice to see Malkin has fire in his eyes and is trying his best out there. What worries me is that the frustration is going to boil over sooner than later regarding lack of talent to play with him (plus the Neal trade) and he's going to want out.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Adversity is not a bad thing at all for this organization. Its not bad for a hockey team.

This team is facing some big adversity right now. Their tired, their hurt, everyone is practically counting them out, and all they have to do is win 2 hockey games - 1 game against one of the worst teams in the league, and another against a team that is nearly as fragile as they are.

It can be done. And if they can get in and get some of their defense healthy.. who knows? They'll definitely get overlooked if they make the tourny.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
+ more sleep in April and May
+ not wearing Penguins merchandise in Turkey (work), apparently the penguin is some anti-government symbol
+ Letang gets a chance to properly heal
+ Johnston's scary mask-like face will be gone

That said, I would miss the excitement of the playoffs too much. Even a horrible 1st round train wreck would be preferable over not making the playoffs. It's not like we have a 1st round pick anyway. Also, I don't want GMJR to go into panic-trade mode...I actually don't see those positives everybody keeps mentioning happening besides firing the coach (yay Tocchet :cry:)

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
2 games left of Craig Adams

You sure?
And i dont mean the fact that they might still get in to the playoffs.

I have lost so much faith that i cant even hope that they will let him walk after the season.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Malkin is this team's true MVP. In Line up the Pens tend to win.. Right now Malkin is playing injured

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Current Positives: Crosby, Malkin, Letang has been great this season, Pens still have Maatta, Pouliot, MAF just had his best season and hopefully continues thru the playoffs if they get in, Hornqvist is great, Cole was a steal. 3rd jerseys. It's nice outside.

Future Positives: Hopefully given this epic flameout down the stretch big changes will be made (hopefully with better results), no more Craig Adams (please take Scuds with you), Kapanen, Sundqvist, young dmen.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
we now "know" who needs to go, and go quickly. every one who signed off, or kept quiet on the fatty for lovejoy trade. they can't hide or blame someone else.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
As a team we have achieved more than a lot of other teams at one point. We do have at least one Stanley Cup.
Crosby and Malkin always give us a CHANCE in a head to head match-up. So no matter how crappy the rest of the team might be they give the team a chance.
Hornqvist is so good. He is what you need to excel in the playoffs. If we make the playoffs and make it out of round one, I fully expect him to be the one that spearheads the effort.
Fleury is doing what he needs to.
I think even the team is starting to see past the foggy PR windshield that has been used the past 5 years. They know they are falling apart and are playing in a pathetic manner as of now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad