Say something positive thread

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think we'd have much trouble getting rid of the worst of it. I am still confident that somebody would trade for Kunitz and Sutter. Maybe not great returns, but we wouldn't be paying them to take them. Scuds could probably be shipped off in the off-season too.

I guarantee you could at least get a 1st round pick + a forward prospect that isn't looking that hot for Sutter after the draft. Maybe even at the draft, especially to a cap strapped team that needs an affordable center.

LaughAtMyPain

'91 '92 '09 '16 '17
Oct 26, 2013
Obvious pluses:

+Hornqvist with all his beastliness
+3rd jerseys (should be primaries)
+Healthy scratching Adams
+Trading Sill
+Letang's Norris caliber play
+Fleury's 9 SO
+Malkin & Crosby doing Malkin & Crosby things

PitPenguin

Mar 7, 2013
Pittsburgh
+ On the Penguins right now.
> Cole only being a RFA after the season.
> Pouliot is not NHL ready yet but at least he is getting experience for the future.
> Maatta will be back.
> Horny!
> Beu Bennett actually scored last game & played with Geno! :handclap: finally
> Matt Murray will be the back up goaltender next year.
> Crosby in a down year in scoring (for himself & the league) is still the top player.
> Dumoulin & Harrington! We still have assets at least more than we think! <- YES!
> I like the 3rd jerseys too, but honestly idc what they wear as long as they don't disappoint.

- Thing's we need to watch out for in the future
> Will a team be foolish enough to take any of these players: Sutter, Kunitz, Scuderi, Lovejoy & Spaling
> Will they actually let Adams walk, i doubt it, been fooled once.
> Coaching staff!!!!!!
> MGMT/Upper MGMT need to change their philosophy, so it will have a trickle down effect.

+Pens prospect in the Frozen Four, other at least decent prospects at the college level & European prospects

Jake Guentzel, C/LW, Drafted 3rd round, 77th overall, 2013
Guentzel had a breakout year in 2014-15, managing 13 goals and 25 assists in 35 games. The sophomore was the model of offensive consistency, never going more than three games without a point, and was the primary offensive catalyst for the Mavericks. He is particularly effective on the powerplay, where his vision, speed, and hockey sense create a lot of room.

Teddy Blueger [(C/LW) 2nd rounder] 6'1 185lbs & Sam Lafferty [(C/W) 4th rounder] 6' 190lbs

Kapanen, in WBS right now. Oskar Sundqvist doing well playing first line minutes in a center role in Sweden.

Lastly, i don't care what happens this year, i gave up with expectations & making predicitions. makes the games more entertaining than just screaming at the tv like i use to do, now i'm just along for the ride & Let's Go Pens. cheers

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
If we do make the playoffs, expectations will be lower than the wreck of the Titanic. With no expectations, and if Ehrhoff, Letang, and Downie can get healthy who knows? Maybe we even luck into a matchup with Montreal rather than the Rags in the first round. Things are always darkest before the dawn.....or right before things go pitch black.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Fleury
Sid
Geno - when healthy
Letang - when healthy
Murray
DP's flashes of potential upside
Adams only likely to get a one-year extension
Opportunity to focus more on the NFL draft

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Its still win and we are in vs the absolute crappiest team in the league...

The worse team in the playoffs can always surprise.

Sid and Geno give the team a punchers chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad