GDT: satans@note

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I suppose I've soured on Lindstrom a little more quickly than most around here. I really view him as dead weight on a line with Steen-Staz.
I'm with you. The first few games I loved his raw skill, but the more I watch him... he just doesn't seem to fit in my eyes. Lots of dangles, but not able to fight for pucks too well. Just seems like we will need to eventually find a more suitable right winger for the playoffs against the likes of LA. But we'll see.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I suppose I've soured on Lindstrom a little more quickly than most around here. I really view him as dead weight on a line with Steen-Staz.

He's great with Steen and Stastny. The first few games he was weak on the puck, now he looks stronger. He's had a few miscues in our own zone though that need to be cleaned up. I've seen a few times he didn't get to a puck, he had a few instances of not moving his feet

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Meh, Im not sold on Lindstrom either. Its still early, but I forsee us adding a winger at some point this season. Or maybe we already have that guy in Jaskin, Pajaarvi(doubt it) or Rattie

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Even though I have him in on that line, I'd still rather see MPS on there.

I just think it's taking him a while to adjust to the NA game, but if by Jan or Feb he isn't looking solid, he should lose his spot.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Even though I have him in on that line, I'd still rather see MPS on there.

I just think it's taking him a while to adjust to the NA game, but if by Jan or Feb he isn't looking solid, he should lose his spot.

I think he should lose it way before then if he doesnt start producing, dangling is nice and all but when it never leads to anything whats the point.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think he should lose it way before then if he doesnt start producing, dangling is nice and all but when it never leads to anything whats the point.

I find he has pretty good games in terms of keeping the puck out of his zone. Decent at keeping the puck in the other side of the ice but not great at generating chances yet.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I find he has pretty good games in terms of keeping the puck out of his zone. Decent at keeping the puck in the other side of the ice but not great at generating chances yet.

He's been ok I guess but I think Jaskin has outperformed him to this point. Once Oshie comes back Id rather have him in than Lindstrom

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The good thing about Lindstrom is the price. A top 9 player for 700K (if I recall correctly) is a price you can't beat.

I'd like to see him with his natural line (back with Steen and Stastny) before pulling the plug, but the results so far have been predictably mixed.

I see him keeping a spot warm for a rookie player like Rattie, or even for Jaskin to claim. Although he hasn't been able to convert some of the opportunities he's seen, he also isn't a glaring liability in that role. I guess the cut-off point is, when is it worth sacrificing depth by trading or losing a player to waivers to bring up a guy like Rattie. Would Rattie do any better than Lindstrom? I doubt it right now.

I'd like to find Jaskin a regular spot where he can have success. I see him as having more of a future with the team than Rattie does, but I probably underestimate Rattie. If you could put Fabbri in a time machine for a season or maybe two, I'd love to see what he looks like on that wing.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's been ok I guess but I think Jaskin has outperformed him to this point. Once Oshie comes back Id rather have him in than Lindstrom

That would involve the risk of losing someone for nothing. I could see if Jaskin was outplaying him immensely but they've been basically the same.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lindstom has shown he's not afraid to drive the net and on a few occasions dangled his way around a few defenders to do so. With steen and Stastny back. He should start producing

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
We'll see, nobody is saying take him out of the lineup now, I hope he works out just as much as anybody, just saying I havent been impressed yet.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I've been meaning to post this for some time and I keep forgetting. Tonight works well:

I'd like to hear comments on a Ty Rattie and Michael Ryder player comparison. Ryder is the guy I think Rattie will play like in his prime. Ryder is a bit bigger, but I think they play a similar game. Ryder has had one hell of a career, one that is unlikely to be matched by Rattie, but I'm going for a playstyle comparison, not necessarily a production comparison.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I really hope Rattie can take over Lindstrom's spot by the midway mark of the season. Jaskin hasn't been cutting it for me and Paajarvi isn't good enough offensively.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I can see it. Goal scorers who, while they aren't really known for physical play, aren't afraid to get their nose dirty to go to the hard areas to score.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm gonna keep preaching it until it happens. Give us an extended look at Steen-Staz-Backes. We finally go out and land our playmaking center and then stick easily the worst winger in our top nine next to him.

My thoughts exactly

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
The Devils won't have Henrique tonight so I'm not expecting much from the Devils tonight.

Good luck guys! You guys are my pick to win the Cup this year. I'm genuinely very jealous of your roster.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Devils won't have Henrique tonight so I'm not expecting much from the Devils tonight.

Good luck guys! You guys are my pick to win the Cup this year. I'm genuinely very jealous of your roster.
Yeah well we're jealous that your team has actually made it past the 2nd round in recent memory. :laugh:

Cory Schneider is a good enough goalie to keep this one close in my opinion. He always seems to give us a tough time. He's very solid.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Yeah well we're jealous that your team has actually made it past the 2nd round in recent memory. :laugh:

Cory Schneider is a good enough goalie to keep this one close in my opinion. He always seems to give us a tough time. He's very solid.

Yea he always shut us down while in Vancouver too

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Losing Luongo and Schneider....such a gong show. That was too funny.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I really hope Rattie can take over Lindstrom's spot by the midway mark of the season. Jaskin hasn't been cutting it for me and Paajarvi isn't good enough offensively.

I highly doubt that will happen. Rattie can be snapped like a twig. He knows he cannot hang with the big boys.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
Maybe it's just because Lindstrom is a relative unknown, but I don't mind his brand of mediocrity the way I did some of the filler players the last three seasons or so. My main concern is he is really thin and the way he needs to play, he's just going to get smacked in the playoffs. He's not strong on the boards already, it's just hard to see him staying in the lineup for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad