GDT: satans@note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Just got back from this one. Some things:

- I blame the 3 goals against in the third on the guy next to me. He was trying to impress his girlfriend all night with his "hockey knowledge" and said something around "I hope Allen gets another shutout" 3 times within a span on 10 seconds, and lo and behold, the devils score 3 with 4 minutes left.

- Lehtera is so good. That pass to Steen for the PP goal was absolutely awesome.

-The goal by Tarasenko was electrifying. Happened right in front of us and was a joy to see.

- Good to see a line other than the Lehterasenko line score. We've been feeling like a 1 line team during this win streak and it's good to see another line get a goal.

-Despite his goal, I don't think Backes is fully over that concussion. He looks out of sync and just off.

-Cole looks worlds better on the third pairing than in a top 4 position.

-Steen's contract is still ok for what he brings, but he is struggling in the offensive zone right now (again, despite the goal).

All things considered pretty good game. We took the foot off the pedal for a bit with the empty net, but otherwise fairly solid hockey game.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii

"we have beautiful goalies"

darn tootin

belliot.jpg

mmm, get it

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Great interviews.

Schwartz looks like captain material.
Tarasenko is incredibly shy. Let's hope the media attention doesn't get to him too much
Lehtera is really cool. His ability to make quick inferences doesn't stop when he leaves the ice.

These three guys could really be the immediate future for the blues forwards.

Hopefully we get these guys soon:
Jaskin Rattie and Fabbri. Could be another great line if Jaskin is strong enough to play his off-wing. We'll also have to see if Rattie survives trade talks, but the future looks bright.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
"6 games, 7 games..... 7. Let's make it 8"
All you need to hear, that reporter behind him knew it too.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Great interviews.

Schwartz looks like captain material.
Tarasenko is incredibly shy. Let's hope the media attention doesn't get to him too much
Lehtera is really cool. His ability to make quick inferences doesn't stop when he leaves the ice.

These three guys could really be the immediate future for the blues forwards.

Hopefully we get these guys soon:
Jaskin Rattie and Fabbri. Could be another great line if Jaskin is strong enough to play his off-wing. We'll also have to see if Rattie survives trade talks, but the future looks bright.

I was thinking he sounds like coaching material, could definitely see Jaden as a head coach in the NHL one day.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Tarasenko isn't shy, just very proper and professional. He doesn't want to up-stage any of his teammates, especially the vets and he wants his English to be perfect in interviews for fans.

There are plenty of stories from behind closed doors that Tarasenko is a big jokester and very out-going. It just takes time for a young guy in a new country, learning a new language to come out of his shell.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Tarasenko isn't shy, just very proper and professional. He doesn't want to up-stage any of his teammates, especially the vets and he wants his English to be perfect in interviews for fans.

There are plenty of stories from behind closed doors that Tarasenko is a big jokester and very out-going. It just takes time for a young guy in a new country, learning a new language to come out of his shell.

Imagine having to do interviews in front of thousands of people in a language you don't feel comfortable with...Yikes.

I haven't had to do that, but I've had to play songs that I didn't know in front of a lot of people. You learn to do it, but it's a ride every time. :laugh:

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
I wanted to comment on one of the things I noticed from last nights game. Ian Cole had an outstanding game. I hope he can string together a bunch of games like last night. No bad turnovers and was very solid moving the puck. Jackman also had a good game as well. If they can continue playing well the Blues will be tough to beat.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I grow more impressed with Lehtera with every passing game. That dude can flat out play.
This. Oh my god I love this guy.

I was all for playing Stastny with Tarasenko before the season, but Lehtera has really surprised me how good he is. I was expecting him to be solid but not THIS impressive. He's a dynamite playmaker with Vladdy. What a combo, I'm so glad he decided to come over to the NHL.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
This. Oh my god I love this guy.

I was all for playing Stastny with Tarasenko before the season, but Lehtera has really surprised me how good he is. I was expecting him to be solid but not THIS impressive. He's a dynamite playmaker with Vladdy. What a combo, I'm so glad he decided to come over to the NHL.

same, tastiest crow ever

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I wanted to comment on one of the things I noticed from last nights game. Ian Cole had an outstanding game. I hope he can string together a bunch of games like last night. No bad turnovers and was very solid moving the puck. Jackman also had a good game as well. If they can continue playing well the Blues will be tough to beat.

Cole is a very good 3rd pairing. He will blossom into a 2nd pairing caliber if Hitch leaves him on the 3rd and lets him play every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille