GDT: satans@note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I may be in the minority, but I'm glad to see the Steen-Stastny-Lindstrom line back together. They looked really good together. Plus it lets them slide Schwartz back with Lehtera and Tarasenko. We really need to get Jaden going. Frank can't carry the offense by himself forever.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Schwartz fits better on that Lehterasenko line than Steen.

It's essentially the same type of player. Great in the corners, relentless on the forecheck, with some skill to boot. The main difference is that Steen is more or less slumping and isn't as dangerous with as Schwartz right now, but that can change at any point.

Last edited:

RR10*

Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford
Stastny confirms he is playing. #stlblues

RR10*

It's essentially the same type of player. Great in the corners, relentless on the forecheck, with some skill to boot. The main difference right now is that Steen is more or less slumping and isn't as dangerous with as Schwartz right now, but that can change at any point.
Agree. Steen is also more of a shoot-first player while Schwartz often tries to pass. Both fits really good on that line though. I guess we'll have to see how well Steen - Stastny will do.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
What I would have liked to have seen:

Steen-Stastny-Backes
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Lindstrom-Berglund-Jaskin/Paajarvi
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves

Really skeptical of Berglund on the "first" line.

Last edited:

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I'm loving these lines.

Backes and Berglund should really get on a roll tonight.

I'm going to predict a Lindstrom, Tarasenko, and Schwartz goal.

RR10*

I feel pretty good about tonights game. Devils are a slow team and we are fast at home. Should be a good one.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Injury update for the Devils:

Martin Havlat (face transplant to help the cops catch Castor Troy)
Mike Cammalleri (brains eaten by Halloween Zombies)
Adam Henrique (lower body injury, got stuck in landing gear)
John Merrill (radiation overdose)
Jordin Tootoo (feeling better after foot amputation, extra skater tonight)

Do go easy on us.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils lines look bad....

Clowe-Zajac-Jagr
Zubrus-Elias-Ryder
Brunner-Josefson-Bernier
Ruutu-Gionta-Sislo

If we pull a win out of our ass tonight, I will be surprised...

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Those lines are good, and nice to see Jaskin in there. I think he's holding Oshie's spot, but I like that line for defense and punishing teams. Plus, there is enough skill there they should score.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I was referring to the actual starting lines in where Bergie is next to Backes and Jaskin on the "first" line. Emphasis on the quote marks.

As was I. The order in the report really doesn't matter because that's just JR commenting on the lines from practice and asking and putting them in an orderthat makes sense. In terms of actual usage, there's no chance that line sees the ice time that the other two do. Backes will get up there likely through being swapped with Lindstrom for some shifts, but the other two should see 14-16 minutes unless we're killing penalties for most of the game. There's no point in even acknowledging the order of the lines in a morning skate report.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
The Backes, Berglund& Jaskin line concerns me depending upon their assignment. That us one slow line.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Man that Berglund-Backes-Jaskin line could punish on the forecheck. Hopefully all three bring the work boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad