GDT: satans@note

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Notes_1_Preview_P.png

--------------V.S.

--------------------------- ^--^
-------------------------/ <> <>\
-------------------------\___x__-/-_^ ^ ^
-------------------_-------\(++)/ _-(__|__)
------------------------------------------|

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Ritualistic posts after a string of wins?

Full buy-in, ladies and gents.

Gotta work again tonight, just going through my routine superstitions before the game. Used the same post since the first hagdt lol.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Gotta work again tonight, just going through my routine superstitions before the game. Used the same post since the first hagdt lol.

Oh, I'm aware. If I found any type of consistency in the mass of chaos that this site that this site calls my posts, my brain would implode. You know, besides being the angry Blues fan that will hate the world until a cup is raised.

(At least I'm honest?)

Edit: Oh, and I'll know that feeling soon...Should be starting weekend afternoons soon. No more weekend games for me.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I may be in the minority, but I'm glad to see the Steen-Stastny-Lindstrom line back together. They looked really good together. Plus it lets them slide Schwartz back with Lehtera and Tarasenko. We really need to get Jaden going. Frank can't carry the offense by himself forever.

Oh no, I'm totally with you on this one! Been wanting Schwartz back on Lehtera & Tarasenko's line since they moved him. Don't get me wrong, Steen was good their too, but Jaden was amazing with Lehtera & Tank.

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
Surprised at those liking Berglund-Backes-Jaskin.
Berglund was put with Backes and Oshie a lot last year, and the line didn't work. 3 slow guys.
When they tried the dump and chase they were too slow to the puck, and the Dmen easily beat them to it.
When they tried skating the puck in, passing was not crisp enough.
Its the reason why Steen was so good with Oshie and Backes, fast and made very good plays.
Would much rather Porter see time on a 3rd line with Backes and Jaskin, play some bang and crash energy game, with Porter and Jaskin trying to feed Backes in front.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Backes, Berglund& Jaskin line concerns me depending upon their assignment. That us one slow line.

Man that Berglund-Backes-Jaskin line could punish on the forecheck. Hopefully all three bring the work boots.

Exactly the two thoughts that went through my head. I'm....intrigued by the line, but also rather concerned if they get out there against Brunner or Ryder. The Devils, as a whole, though are not a very fast team. I'd be far more concerned against the Hawks or Avs.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Exactly the two thoughts that went through my head. I'm....intrigued by the line, but also rather concerned if they get out there against Brunner or Ryder. The Devils, as a whole, though are not a very fast team. I'd be far more concerned against the Hawks or Avs.

Against the Rangers this line would be less desirable. But with the last change on home ice and the Devils as the opponent, I like this line. Its also the 3rd most important line to negate from the opponent's standpoint, so they should have a match-up advantage.

Look at the Devils prospective lines for tonight and tell me who you'd match up against which Blues line? It gets ugly. The Blues should win this one by more than 1 goal. They may be due for a mental let-down, but I don't think its tonight.

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
I'm gonna keep preaching it until it happens. Give us an extended look at Steen-Staz-Backes. We finally go out and land our playmaking center and then stick easily the worst winger in our top nine next to him.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Steen Stastny Lindstrom looked dominant in the first few games on every shift. Easily the best line in those games (yes, better than Lehtarasenko) so I don't understand why people would want them broken up as soon as Stastny is back, give them a couple games and see if that chemistry is still there.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm gonna keep preaching it until it happens. Give us an extended look at Steen-Staz-Backes. We finally go out and land our playmaking center and then stick easily the worst winger in our top nine next to him.

Honestly I'd like to just have a regular of

Berglund-Backes-Oshie
Lindstrom-Stastny-Steen
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Reaves-Ott-Lappy

Jaybo-Petro (When Home)
Gunnar-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Cole

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Honestly I'd like to just have a regular of

Berglund-Backes-Oshie
Lindstrom-Stastny-Steen
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Reaves-Ott-Lappy

Jaybo-Petro (When Home)
Gunnar-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Cole

I really like those lines, if its the versions of Backes and Oshie we saw last season, with the Berglund we've seen this year. Even the 4th line, I love.

If the Blues can't win with that line-up, I don't think there is some other juggled version that can do it either.

Today, Jaskin is an upgrade on Oshie as he's been up to this point of the season. I expect that to change, but right now Oshie's absence isn't really degrading the team much. I hope he comes back feeling hale and strong. Even if he's out a month, I'll live with it. It would be a good development for Jaskin's growth, for a silver lining.

Paajarvi...I can't fine where he fits in. He isn't nearly so bad as his minutes make it look, but there's noone anywhere along there that he's displacing. The only real move I could see would be Jaskin up and Lindstrom scratched. But that requires moving someone or waiving someone.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I really like those lines, if its the versions of Backes and Oshie we saw last season, with the Berglund we've seen this year. Even the 4th line, I love.

If the Blues can't win with that line-up, I don't think there is some other juggled version that can do it either.

Today, Jaskin is an upgrade on Oshie as he's been up to this point of the season. I expect that to change, but right now Oshie's absence isn't really degrading the team much. I hope he comes back feeling hale and strong. Even if he's out a month, I'll live with it. It would be a good development for Jaskin's growth, for a silver lining.

Paajarvi...I can't fine where he fits in. He isn't nearly so bad as his minutes make it look, but there's noone anywhere along there that he's displacing. The only real move I could see would be Jaskin up and Lindstrom scratched. But that requires moving someone or waiving someone.

I think with the way things sit now, it's not a huge risk to package MPS and another roster player for an upgrade. The team doesn't lack replacement forwards from injury this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany