Post-Game Talk: Sat jan 17, 2015 washington dallas 8:00 pm et *(MOD WARNING POST #2, EVERYONE READ)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Guess you're not watching the games then? Points aren't everything. Laich's been excellent for a while now, which is why the hate has dried up. Why is it "time to move one", results be damned? Because you don't like his contract?

And I like Latta, but he's shown absolutely nothing to indicate that he'd offer more than Laich in any area but physicality and agitation.

Agree on all points on Laich. On Latta, offensively he seems like a tweener. Better than the AHL, not quite there at the next level. Hope he's got some upside still and continues to develop. Also I'd prefer a little more grit. I even underwhelmed by him in that category even.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Too many games break the players down IMHO.

That and the lack of an experience 2nd line center is holding the Caps back from breaking through the mediocre barrier...Caps are a "middle of the pack" good hockey club.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Dallas traveled to CHI for 2nd half of their back-to-back, and they seem to be doing fine with it.

I don't seem to remember but did the highly offensive Caps with BB have issues on back to backs? maybe its the playoff 200' grind style that trotz is using that requires them to have a rest to perform.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
My god people.

2 GAMES. IT WAS 2 GAMES.

I bet you we will win our next 3.

That being sad.

Green and Chimmer need to go :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Hurts losing the two games but still I like the Caps in a best of seven series ATM and even more if Kuzy improves.

The Rangers are elite and the real deal and I think only Lundqvist can put them over the hump vs the Caps in the playoffs. I think eventually the Caps larger forwards will really start to grind on the smaller Rangers. They need ugly goals and to be sound defensively but it can be done.

Pittsburgh until they address that defense won't get too far. Just like with NYR you can't let their forwards have much breathing room.

Isles are feisty but I believe the mistakes will start to show when the games get tighter.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't seem to remember but did the highly offensive Caps with BB have issues on back to backs? maybe its the playoff 200' grind style that trotz is using that requires them to have a rest to perform.

almost all teams have trouble with back to back games against a rested team. in this case you can add the back up goalie playing and the natural letdown after the special game the night before.

the caps have won the second of two games in a row, but they are not as good as when rested.

caps are 1-4-1 so far this year.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
almost all teams have trouble with back to back games against a rested team. in this case you can add the back up goalie playing and the natural letdown after the special game the night before.

the caps have won the second of two games in a row, but they are not as good as when rested.

caps are 1-4-1 so far this year.

We are 1-6-1 in the 2nd game of a back to back this year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Dallas traveled to CHI for 2nd half of their back-to-back, and they seem to be doing fine with it.

Road back to back games a bit more challenging than Home and Away back to backs?

Regardless, Caps should of got 1 of those games. Both were there for the taking.

OVs Gold Chain*

Sucks having to witness the end to Chimera's NHL career, he's scored some very important goals in recent Caps history and brings a lot of personality to the team. That said, he's gotta go. I don't think the team would question the move all that much, either.

Trotz has also gotta find a way to get this team to rally in b2b's. There will be more b2b's to come, and sometimes you get one in the playoffs, although there it's "even" because both teams are tired. The team has gotta be ready to dig deep and I think they will be as it gets later in the season.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Sucks having to witness the end to Chimera's NHL career, he's scored some very important goals in recent Caps history and brings a lot of personality to the team. That said, he's gotta go. I don't think the team would question the move all that much, either.

You could easily have said the same thing about him a couple seasons ago and then last year he had a very nice season. Next year is a contract year again and fully expect him to have another good season as that seems to be his pattern since coming to DC.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Trotz has also gotta find a way to get this team to rally in b2b's. There will be more b2b's to come, and sometimes you get one in the playoffs, although there it's "even" because both teams are tired. The team has gotta be ready to dig deep and I think they will be as it gets later in the season.

Chimera could score 5 goals in the RS and then score 5 in a playoff series. As long as Chimera has those wheels his NHL career isn't close to over.

OVs Gold Chain*

Chimera could score 5 goals in the RS and then score 5 in a playoff series. As long as Chimera has those wheels his NHL career isn't close to over.

You could easily have said the same thing about him a couple seasons ago and then last year he had a very nice season. Next year is a contract year again and fully expect him to have another good season as that seems to be his pattern since coming to DC.

I don't think him having a decent playoffs and maybe even a strong push for a good contract next year is out of the realm of possibility, but you guys are just flat-out ignoring his age.

35 is the tipping point for forwards where the truly elite guys like Datsyuk, Jagr, St. Louis seem to be able to maintain top-6 level of play, but most guys tend to lose their game. Not sure how else to measure his speed this season, but by the "eyeball" test of having watched almost every game, he seems to be making significantly less plays due to his speed. He's still beating guys out to the odd puck on the forecheck, but it seems like the number of chances created via blowing by defenders has gone down. That may be incorrect, but it sure seems like it. I do recall seeing a stat recently that he is above ~60% at faceoffs when he has to take them, a nice asset to have.

Maybe we get 1 more solid year out of him, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad