Post-Game Talk: Sat jan 17, 2015 washington dallas 8:00 pm et *(MOD WARNING POST #2, EVERYONE READ)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
***Mod Warning***

EVERYONE READ:

1) Do not call out or provoke other posters, either directly or indirectly. Talk about the game, not each other.

2) Repeated or instigatory player or coach bashing adds nothing to the discussion and will be infracted and/or deleted. Occasional gripes or critiques are perfectly fine. Repetitive, unsupported, or habitual posts likely to incite flames are NOT, and will be infracted and deleted as trolling.

If you see a post that you believe violates SITE RULES use the report button (red and white triangle) below the poster's icon and it will be reviewed by moderators. Do NOT reply with flames or troll posts of your own.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
They made Goon a moderator? And he's already showing off?

Doom!

I keed I keed...

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
I just hope I don't have to chew glass and chug lemon juice to stay awake like I did during the Phil game.

Go Caps!!!

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I just hope I don't have to chew glass and chug lemon juice to stay awake like I did during the Phil game.

Go Caps!!!

Dallas has the 4th best offense and 4th worst defense, the Caps have the 10th best offense and are playing their backup goaltender, who hasn't played an NHL game since November 29th, where he was pulled after allowing 3 goals on 11 shots.

I'm expecting a lot of goals personally...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
For some reason I have the impression that we don't usually do well against Dallas.

*type type google google type click*

Here we go:

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=749088

Series Notes

*This is the first of two meetings this season between the Stars and Capitals.

*The Stars were 2-0-0 against Washington last season.

*The Stars have won five straight games against the Capitals.

*The Stars are 44-27-18 all-time vs. Washington.:cry:

Statistical tidbits

*The Stars are 9-4-1 in their past 14 home games and 10-9-5 at home for the season.

*The Capitals are 7-2-3 in their past 12 road games.

*The Stars are 7-6-1 vs. the Eastern Conference.

*Washington is 6-6-2 vs. the Western Conference including 4-2-0 vs. the Central Division.

*Washington is 23-1-3 when it scores the first goal of the game.

*Washington is 1-11-5 when its opponent scores first.

*The Stars are 1-24 on the power play over the last five games.

*Stars defenseman Trevor Daley has three goals in his past four games and is tied for second in goal scoring among NHL defensemen with 11.

*Capitals forward Alexander Ovechkin has ten goals in his past 13 games.

On the plus side, the Stars PP is slumping.

Vladiator16*

This sure does looks like a loss... So i guess we gonna win!:yo:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lettin-em-in first off the ice for Dallas this morning so likely starting. Was pulled on Tuesday and Lindback got the start Thursday. Could be an interesting rollercoaster game.

Govechkin

Nov 10, 2010
Hopefully we see what Peters can/can't do, so we know what to/not to fix at the TDL. I'm expecting a bounce back effort from the boys in white, they will probably be gassed so best to put the game away early. 4-2 Caps, Kuzy gets one, an unlikely D will score, and a PP goal.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
What ever happened to Obrien? I know he was injured but.....

Was he demoted also?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad