Post-Game Talk: Sat jan 17, 2015 washington dallas 8:00 pm et *(MOD WARNING POST #2, EVERYONE READ)

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
One ****ing job to do Peters you *****: Don't concede 5 goals so we have a chance on a back to back. Should have just played Holtby, he would have let in 3 max.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Two very annoying losses. I guess they had it coming.
No crisis, Caps just need to refocus.. and get Holtby back in net.

Would help to have a steadier 3rd pair defender, and somebody more useful on the 2nd line. Though I cannot possibly imagine how these two things could be linked.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Feels like we should have had at least 2 points these last 2 games.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Not the best defensive showing this weekend.

Good news is they've got some great medicine coming on Tuesday.

I'm increasingly worried about Hillen-Green. It seems to bring the worst out of 52.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I would have liked a point or two on the road, oh well. Time to focus on Edmonton and rest up for the break. The Dallas fan was jeering all night long.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Those complaining about Peters, which goal do you think Holtby stops? Maybe the 5th as he gets across the crease faster than Peters. But the 4th was not his fault for sure.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Caps will put 6 past the Oilers. They showed in these 2 games they can hang and only mental errors and some bad puck luck stopped them from taking 4 points.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I'm increasingly worried about Hillen-Green. It seems to bring the worst out of 52.

I thought Green looked good as an individual but the pairing doesn't work. Hillen is heading for another collision. No vision on the ice and Green plays an intuitive game. Needs a partner who can see what he's doing and go with it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Those complaining about Peters, which goal do you think Holtby stops? Maybe the 5th as he gets across the crease faster than Peters. But the 4th was not his fault for sure.

Like I said earlier, maybe another goaltender doesn't make all those saves, either. But maybe a guy with better vision and lateral movement gets a piece of at least one of those. Peters wasn't even close to following the puck at times. He didn't look good, regardless of the goals. He made maybe 1 or 2 decent saves, imo. We see Holtby stand on his head almost nightly now and we're used to it.'

I'm not putting the loss on Peters. The team is to blame for that. fwiw Just didn't like what I saw overall

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Like I said earlier, maybe another goaltender doesn't make all those saves, either. But maybe a guy with better vision and lateral movement gets a piece of at least one of those. Peters wasn't even close to following the puck at times. He didn't look good, regardless of the goals. He made maybe 1 or 2 decent saves, imo. We see Holtby stand on his head almost nightly now and we're used to it.'

I'm not putting the loss on Peters. The team is to blame for that. fwiw Just didn't like what I saw overall

Yeah but here's the thing. As Tex has pointed out a few times, do we really want 1 and 1A? Is it possible tha Holtby doesn't get to where he is with a better goalie breathing down his neck? My feeling is that the team has more confidence in Grubes but wants him in the AHL developing. Come playoff time I think he's our backup.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

He looks much better paired with Schmidt. I don't get why he got sent down in the first place, and now he's injured for awhile because of management's incompetence.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Oh well, who didn't see that coming? After being off for a million games I didn't think Peter's was really given any help at all from his team.. Coming off that mess last night it would of been refreshing to see the team actually man up and play a solid defensive game to help their #2 tender, but as we are reminded just about always, these are our Caps..

Great run they had with all the points, but it doesn't take long to lose confidence since we've been disappointed for 36+ years in a row.. Hopefully they don't stumble over Edmonton and completely let the wheels fall off.. They're still in a battle just to qualify for the post season..

* Thanks for the mod note in post #2! I'll abide and report as requested!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad