Rumor: Saros to be made available if Preds become sellers?

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
If NSH was to do this I could see them trading Saros and signing a UFA Varlamov to split with Askarov in the same vein that Varlamov split with Sorokin in Sorokin's first couple of seasons.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Trading Saros would be a fantastic way to ruin Askarov
If they rebuild couldn’t they just tank and keep him out the NHL anyway?

I hope for Saros sake the team doesn’t try to cling on to semi-ish-contention way too long and waste his best years

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If they rebuild couldn’t they just tank and keep him out the NHL anyway?

I hope for Saros sake the team doesn’t try to cling on to semi-ish-contention way too long and waste his best years
We can't really tank. Too many pricey, long-term contracts we won't be able to move to keep us JUST competitive enough to not be in the top 5 conversation each year. Also don't think there's any will in the ownership/front office to accept that many non-playoff years.

Reactions: Armourboy

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If they are getting rid of Saros, then it is time to completely sell off any good assets. They aren't going to find a better available goalie.

Comrie has 0 value.
Okay? Savoie and Levi do. Savoie was a top 10 pick last season

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
From EF's 32 Thoughts:
"18. I do think Los Angeles made an exploratory call to Nashville about Juuse Saros."

Yeah he f***ing better have!

I'm sure they'll revisit in the offseason. If he can do it without giving up Byfield or Clarke, I'm sure anything else is on the table, including multiple 1sts.

I was hoping they'd find a way to pull Ekholm AND Saros at the deadline

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah he f***ing better have!

I'm sure they'll revisit in the offseason. If he can do it without giving up Byfield or Clarke, I'm sure anything else is on the table, including multiple 1sts.

I was hoping they'd find a way to pull Ekholm AND Saros at the deadline
That's probably why no deal happened. The price of Saros would have to be very high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad