Rumor: Saros to be made available if Preds become sellers?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Just a bunch of people talking out of their rear that don't know anything about Nashville as a franchise. David Poile isn't going to trade Saros, not unless someone makes him an offer so silly he just can't say no too it, and even then I would question whether he would do it.

The owners only have a couple of expectations for Poile, put butts in seats and make the playoffs in some form or fashion. There will be no rebuild because the owners don't want to do a full rebuild. The only way that might change is when Haslam is the majority owner and essentially takes control in 2 years.

Saros isn't going anywhere despite the Toronto medias dreams and whims.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Nashville's schedule leading up to the Trade Deadline is:
6 home games (VGK, ARI, BOS, FLO, VAN, PIT)
5 road games (PHI, MIN, SJ, ARI, FLO)
... it's not likely they'll be out of the playoff race by the Deadline. Probably go 5-6 or 6-5 or something like that, and still feel like they're just a little win streak from getting in.

They will likely fade out after the Deadline, but Poile isn't going to cash his chips in early. The mainstream media doesn't seem to be very aware of how things are run in Nashville.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just a bunch of people talking out of their rear that don't know anything about Nashville as a franchise. David Poile isn't going to trade Saros, not unless someone makes him an offer so silly he just can't say no too it, and even then I would question whether he would do it.

The owners only have a couple of expectations for Poile, put butts in seats and make the playoffs in some form or fashion. There will be no rebuild because the owners don't want to do a full rebuild. The only way that might change is when Haslam is the majority owner and essentially takes control in 2 years.

Saros isn't going anywhere despite the Toronto medias dreams and whims.

That’s about the worst way to run a franchise

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Edit

& what trade assets will they then have?

If that’s the plan Nashville won’t do anything for the next 10 years.

Saros has 2.5 years left at 5M, they’d be crazy if they didn’t trade him during the next 12 months or so.
You can’t lose his trade value just to have a shot at the playoffs.
Which will be just more difficult moving forward
When the org places a premium on making the post-season then "losing" Saros' trade value is irrelevant. Yes, they'll be a bubble/wild card/first round and out team, but just making it in is what they prioritize.

They won't trade Saros, at minimum, until Askarov has fully transitioned to backup and then at least split the games load, basically like Saros with Rinne, which is still several years off.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This is what a smart franchise does.

They see the writing on the wall with this core, his contract is coming up to expire and they have one of the best goalie prospects in the world coming through the system.

Think about what Anaheim could have gotten for John Gibson a few years back.
Move him for a significant amount of assets while you can and plan for the future. this is very smart and astute move if they go through with it and I applaud them if true.

Reactions: Oilsauce

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
If I’m buffalo….this is who I pursue instead of demko…..otherwise they should Probly just stay put

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's probably what they need is to trade him, so they can really tank for a few years, but they shouldn't be rushing Askarov either.

Both Poile and Hiney Head need to be gone no later than the day after the season ends.

If they wanna ''Promote'' Poile upstairs then that's fine, so long as he isn't the one calling the shots.

I wonder what team will hire worthless Hiney Head after this year? It probably should be an AHL squad, but it probably won't be.

Why do I feel like it will be the Ducks?

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
That's probably what they need is to trade him, so they can really tank for a few years, but they shouldn't be rushing Askarov either.

Both Poile and Hiney Head need to be gone no later than the day after the season ends.

If they wanna ''Promote'' Poile upstairs then that's fine, so long as he isn't the one calling the shots.

I wonder what team will hire worthless Hiney Head after this year? It probably should be an AHL squad, but it probably won't be.

Why do I feel like it will be the Ducks?
Whatever team wants to ensure they'll always beat the Devils, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Whatever team wants to ensure they'll always beat the Devils, apparently.
Gallant's less than a year away from hitting his average NHL head coaching stint, but he doesn't get fired in the offseason, it's always in-season. Maybe Lou fires Lambert after a year if the Islanders miss the playoffs again?

Sullivan gets fired if the Pens miss?

Or....... Lavi (who is a lame duck from what I understand) gets canned and Hynes replaces him yet again, but this time with the Caps?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If they are getting rid of Saros, then it is time to completely sell off any good assets. They aren't going to find a better available goalie.

Comrie, Savoie and 2nd for Saros or Comrie, Levi and 1st for Saros

Comrie has 0 value.

Reactions: capazzo

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Nashville would be making a big mistake if this is true but if so TOR/EDM should be all over it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If they are getting rid of Saros, then it is time to completely sell off any good assets. They aren't going to find a better available goalie.

Comrie has 0 value.

Not so much from a value standpoint, it's clearing a goalie. If they had Saros, they would likely want to not have 4 NHL netminders.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They’ve invested years into him, and are now enjoying that investment. You don’t trade that away because you miss the playoffs one year. It would also send a horrible message to the locker room, fans, and any UFA interested in signing there.

This one was pulled out of thin air.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad