Sarnia Sting 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Won't lie it's nice to see everyone else taking this small players. Multiple guys listed at 5'6/5'7/5'8. Obviously they can grow but man such a risk in the 1st round taking guys that small..

We saw with Voit. Won't get a much better agile, shifty, creative, passing F than him. But you instantly get massive limitations.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Won't lie it's nice to see everyone else taking this small players. Multiple guys listed at 5'6/5'7/5'8. Obviously they can grow but man such a risk in the 1st round taking guys that small..

We saw with Voit. Won't get a much better agile, shifty, creative, passing F than him. But you instantly get massive limitations.
damn Windsor just got a real nice player in Carter Hicks.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I like the Di Iorio pick. I got to watch him in the OHL Cup quarters vs the Mississauga Rebels. He was really tough for other teams to slow down once he got going. The coaches trusted him when Vaughan was 4v6 late in the game and he laid out for a block in that situation. He had a heavy shot and has good hands. Also worth noting the head coach of Vaughan was former Sting member Daniel Sisca and one his assistants was Justin DiBenedetto

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I like the Di Iorio pick. I got to watch him in the OHL Cup quarters vs the Mississauga Rebels. He was really tough for other teams to slow down once he got going. The coaches trusted him when Vaughan was 4v6 late in the game and he laid out for a block in that situation. He had a heavy shot and has good hands. Also worth noting the head coach of Vaughan was former Sting member Daniel Sisca and one his assistants was Justin DiBenedetto
Good info

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Would love to have an opinion on Gaughan. But no 0 about him. Had someone DM me after the pick that he was easily his teams MVP at the OHL cup.

Edwards is a huge swing. Would've been a top 10 pick probably. Big. Skates well. Pro ready shot. Seca is usually honest about their chance at getting guys so I'm really intrigued to see what he says about that pick.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Caughan by far and away the best player on his team, the team he played for was always competitive when they played in the big tournaments. I would think he commits. Hopefully they get both since they drafted two Americans back to back in the third round and didn’t have a second round pick, they must think they can get atleast one if not both over.

Reactions: StingUpdates

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Better get Beckham Edwards to sign, from komoka but played in detroit, he sounds elite! They said he’s a first round talent and was always the best player on the ice when they seen him.
Better get Beckham Edwards to sign, from komoka but played in detroit, he sounds elite! They said he’s a first round talent and was always the best player on the ice when they seen him.
Any time a Caesars kid is drafted by Sarnia I immediately think of the Legwand connection. If Legwand could convince Beckham to come... watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad