Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
About this time when we'd be finding out when rookie camp would be. Usually 2-3 weeks after the draft. Always enjoyed going to it. Would've loooved to see Namestnikov. Only been 3or4 weeks & this sports hiatus is killing me.

Hopefully everyone can get past this & we can get back to it in September. Listening to some even that may be unlikely.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
About this time when we'd be finding out when rookie camp would be. Usually 2-3 weeks after the draft. Always enjoyed going to it. Would've loooved to see Namestnikov. Only been 3or4 weeks & this sports hiatus is killing me.

Hopefully everyone can get past this & we can get back to it in September. Listening to some even that may be unlikely.

i think it will be a few more months before the ohl is allowed to carry on its regular business.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
i think it will be a few more months before the ohl is allowed to carry on its regular business.
For sure. Just hoping this doesn't carry into next season but there is a real chance it could. Could make the import draft an ever bigger crapshoot.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
There is a couple of big Swedish dmen rated fairly high (European Prospect Rankings).If we could land just one that would be great.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Nothing going on in Sting land so figured I'd try to come up with something.

If you had to make your all-time starting 5 (+ Goalie) in Sting history what would it be? Can go with best lineup or your own personal all-time favorite lineup. I went with favorite. Absolutely loved watching all of these guys play.

For me it would be:
Galchenyuk-Stamkos-Konecny
Ryan Wilson - Mark Katic
Andrew Perugini

Honourable Mentions: Kyrou, Yakupov, Charlie Sarault, Daniel Lombardi, Matt Martin, DeAngelo, Dan Spence & Fazio.

Reactions: Jason M

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Nothing going on in Sting land so figured I'd try to come up with something.

If you had to make your all-time starting 5 (+ Goalie) in Sting history what would it be? Can go with best lineup or your own personal all-time favorite lineup. I went with favorite. Absolutely loved watching all of these guys play.

For me it would be:
Galchenyuk-Stamkos-Konecny
Ryan Wilson - Mark Katic
Andrew Perugini

Honourable Mentions: Kyrou, Yakupov, Charlie Sarault, Daniel Lombardi, Matt Martin, DeAngelo, Dan Spence & Fazio.
My all star lineup

Letowski/stamkos/Boucher
Chychrun/Deangelo
Perugini

HM
Galchenyuk/sprverio/konecny
Dineen/spinozzi
Fazio

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
That's tough....i'll give it a go.

Boucher - Stamkos - Konecny
Wilson - DeAngelo
Fazio

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
How about a tough/goon line up?

Martin - Caprara - Didiomete
Wilson - Davey

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Brock otten thinks Nolet could be a “re-entry” player into the nhl draft. I’m surprised nobody has taken notice of how good reesor is even last year he was very noticeable physically and defensively and when he finally played this year it didn’t look like he missed a beat.

Attachments

• CBF95712-5F28-49CB-80DC-75A0EDAB44F2.png
    CBF95712-5F28-49CB-80DC-75A0EDAB44F2.png
    332.8 KB · Views: 3

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Brock otten thinks Nolet could be a “re-entry” player into the nhl draft. I’m surprised nobody has taken notice of how good reesor is even last year he was very noticeable physically and defensively and when he finally played this year it didn’t look like he missed a beat.
Probably just lack of viewings on Reesor. By the time he came back we were out of it. Nolet is so intriguing to me. He does everything well but nothing elite.

If he does take a step forward he should be really really good. I could also see him just sorta staying what he is now. Solid, 2nd pairing Dman that can run your PP.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Probably just lack of viewings on Reesor. By the time he came back we were out of it. Nolet is so intriguing to me. He does everything well but nothing elite.

If he does take a step forward he should be really really good. I could also see him just sorta staying what he is now. Solid, 2nd pairing Dman that can run your PP.
I think he takes a step forward maybe not a major step. He may not of looked like it because he was our best defenceman but you have to remember he was a rookie in the league.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I think he takes a step forward maybe not a major step. He may not of looked like it because he was our best defenceman but you have to remember he was a rookie in the league.
He faded a tad at the end but i bet a bit of that had to do with being a healthy scratch for some unknown reason. Can't emphasize enough how much i hate having 2or3 extra D & it looks like we may do it again next season..

Other than the top 2or3 guys it must be impossible to get a flow going sitting a game every weekend. Hoping we dont do it with Morden. No need for him to play 25-30 games & sit the rest. Better off playin 20+ Mins a night somewhere else.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He faded a tad at the end but i bet a bit of that had to do with being a healthy scratch for some unknown reason. Can't emphasize enough how much i hate having 2or3 extra D & it looks like we may do it again next season..

Other than the top 2or3 guys it must be impossible to get a flow going sitting a game every weekend. Hoping we dont do it with Morden. No need for him to play 25-30 games & sit the rest. Better off playin 20+ Mins a night somewhere else.
I agree, london had there 2nd pick (Mailloux) play junior B and he lit it up. Probably practised and workout out a lot with the knights and got a couple games in. I think the right move would be to send him to Tier 2 junior A. Or trade either nagra or dillingham. I also think majority of the team faded not just him, they probably all gave up playing for that idiot on the bench.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I agree, london had there 2nd pick (Mailloux) play junior B and he lit it up. Probably practised and workout out a lot with the knights and got a couple games in. I think the right move would be to send him to Tier 2 junior A. Or trade either nagra or dillingham. I also think majority of the team faded not just him, they probably all gave up playing for that idiot on the bench.
I saw Sudbury signed Goyette this morning hopefully we sign Namestnikov soon this time last year we had Gaudreau and ODonell signed

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I saw Sudbury signed Goyette this morning hopefully we sign Namestnikov soon this time last year we had Gaudreau and ODonell signed

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Not to worried about it, he already said in an interview he let Michigan state know he isn’t going to play there and that he is playing in sarnia next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad