Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Two Florida alliance guys, I wonder if ex sting defenceman Jacob chychrun is talking these Florida guys into considering sarnia as a place to play.

Reactions: davewheeler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
7th rounder- Julian Facchinelli. Smaller winger. From what i gather played on a poor team & didn't have a ton of help.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

More on Brindley. This is shaping up to be one helluva draft if we can recruit some of the US kids on top of Namestnikov, Morden, McIntyre, Eveleigh.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Good to see 4 local boys out of the Jr.Sting program drafted! Have't seen that in a very long time, if ever.

Reactions: aresknights

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Pretty solid day I'd say! Pumped for Namestnikov, Morden, McIntyre. I think Facchinelli & Eveleigh could be steals for us.

Draft becomes dynamite if we can get any of Casey, Brindley, Filak to come over. Especially the first two. Grover was an interesting goalie pick. From what I've read he played on a terrible team but he kept them in games consistently.

Reactions: The Howler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Talked to another independent scout who said "Sarnia nailed this one. Especially if they get any of Casey, Brindley, Filak over."

Love what im hearing on 6th rounder Liam Eveleigh. People are shocked he fell past round 3/4. Smooth skating Dman who defends well.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Look at are depth chart with only the import draft left (whenever that'll be)

Roth-Rees-Bitten
Voit-Import-Perreault
Guy-Namestnikov-Dann
DeGurse-Hill-O'Donnell

Extra's~ Burke, Saye, McIntyre

Reesor-Nolet
Stratis-Hjorth
Kammerer-Mast

Extra's~ Dillingham, Morden, Nagra

Gaudreau
Langevin

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX

Talked to another independent scout who said "Sarnia nailed this one. Especially if they get any of Casey, Brindley, Filak over."

Love what im hearing on 6th rounder Liam Eveleigh. People are shocked he fell past round 3/4. Smooth skating Dman who defends well.

The team is going to have to sort out the situation with Hatcher to get any of the Americans other than Namestnikov to report .
The sooner they can do this the better .
Unfortunately this COVID19 situation may make doing a deal even more difficult because the price a buyer would be willing to pay would be dropping maybe significantly . Bare minimum there has to be a coaching change or the chances of landing any of the high ceiling US players is zero.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Are best "Value" pick yesterday might be Liam Eveleigh. 6th rounder. To start the year people had him going late 1st/early 2nd & prospect pipeline had him ranked 40th last week.

Watched a bit of his game last night. Very similar to Nolet. Smooth skater, Efficient puck mover & a good defender.

Morden is gonna be a beast for us. People saying he may be the best straight up defender in the draft & from watching 2or3 of his games he has some offensive potential. Ran his teams PP.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
There are definitely some high hopes and high ceiling for this team going into the next few seasons BUT, like jwalk said, the biggest move this team has to make is the one behind the bench. Sarnia isn't 10th in the west if there's the right guy behind the bench this past season.

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
There are definitely some high hopes and high ceiling for this team going into the next few seasons BUT, like jwalk said, the biggest move this team has to make is the one behind the bench. Sarnia isn't 10th in the west if there's the right guy behind the bench this past season.
Unless he has another son coming up I wouldn’t be shocked to see Hatcher sell his share and move on. I think his ego (like a lot of hockey people) is a little to big to just step aside?

deeferg

Oct 17, 2019
Unless he has another son coming up I wouldn’t be shocked to see Hatcher sell his share and move on. I think his ego (like a lot of hockey people) is a little to big to just step aside?
Is now going to be an easy time to sell though? With everything going on is someone likely to come along and take that risk? Might be a few months before we hear anything on this regard.

Reactions: Buttsy

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Is now going to be an easy time to sell though? With everything going on is someone likely to come along and take that risk? Might be a few months before we hear anything on this regard.

There were rumors around the rink towards the end of the season that there was a buyer lined up already. Yannick Perreault was one of the names in that conversation. He has another younger one coming down the pipeline in a few years.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Do you think if Hatcher does sell his share that Legwand will take over the head coach duties?

A strong possibility for sure. From what i heard, the boys all respond well to Legwand. He ran the offence and they did not have any issues scoring goals the last few years. He's very engaged on the bench. I'm sure he is muzzled by Hacther in a lot of the decision making. I'd be ok with giving Legwand a fair chance if he had full control.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
A strong possibility for sure. From what i heard, the boys all respond well to Legwand. He ran the offence and they did not have any issues scoring goals the last few years. He's very engaged on the bench. I'm sure he is muzzled by Hacther in a lot of the decision making. I'd be ok with giving Legwand a fair chance if he had full control.

The team may have a real problem selling tickets if there's not a change at the head coaching position. The abysmal defensive play of the team is the responsibility of the head coach and his staff. Can't see the fans lining up to buy tickets to watch that shiteshow again. The team underperformed badly and it looked like the head coach had thrown in the towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad