Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We really cannot afford to have another Tyler Weiss disaster on our hands. If we were successful with Weiss then i might be inclined to take the risk on Fantilli but we weren't. Pano Fimis is our guy, let's hope NB takes Fantilli and Niagara takes Nelson.
Sounds like NB is gonna take Nelson first. I'd be very happy with Fimis or Ludwinski.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Just heard a rumour that Windsor has fired letowski if that’s true I’d love to see him come back here
I agree! I think it would be a big improvement. He did decent coaching a terrible roster in sarnia and when they went to playoffs they put up a good fight against a powerhouse in mcdavid and the otters.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Letowski would be alright. I do wish he was a bit more aggressive & not so passive. I remember he used to try & play the trap whenever we'd go into the 3rd with a lead & i hated it.

I wonder why Windsor would wanna do that tho? I'd say they borderline overachieved this past season & got great jumps from certain guys.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

No thank youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Please just take Fimis

Nope don’t want another American refusing to come over, also having two pint size forwards in the top 6 isn’t ideal. Unless we have some big power forwards playing with them in the top 6 which we don’t really. Stick to the Canadians, (Fimis, McConnell-Barker, Ludwinski)

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia has to do the right thing here. You take the best available player who isn't a commit to the US.

I saw they traded a 5th round pick next year for a 6th round pick this year (i think). I'm assuming one of the three picks (103, 107, 123) will be used on a top American committed to a school in the states. Last year they took Voit in the 5th round, although he wasn't committed, he was strongly leaning towards staying states side. There are a few Penguins Elite players who are ranked fairly high on some rankings and with Voit here, you never know.

Looking forward to following along with the draft Saturday. Sports! Yay!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If Nelson was still on the board would you take Nelson or someone else?

Fantilli and Fimis off the board, who do you take?

Whatever the first response is I'll make that the sting pick in the mock

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

Any team that is going for it this year & drafts ahead of the Knights should draft Fantilli imo. Then if he does not report you can play the waiting game til Jan or hang onto his rights for awhile.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Take the best player available IMO - So Nelson.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Been watching Junior Canadian games last 2 days. I love Fimis. He does everything. Elite speed, Great work ethic, great hands, good hard release on his shot (needs to work on accuracy lol) & is really good at face-offs.

He was the captain & was there go to guy in every situation including PK, late game situations. Has quite a bit of Rees to him honestly just isn't as physical.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ohlinsiders reasoning for sarnia picking namestikov at 3 is because he thinks London wants him and sarnia would take him at 3 to just screw over the knights? Ya the sting are going to waste the 3rd overall pick so the knights don’t get to select him at 19th or the 2nd round? This guy is such a goof, only reason the sting take him is if he gives them a verbal commitment.

Reactions: davewheeler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ohlinsiders reasoning for sarnia picking namestikov at 3 is because he thinks London wants him and sarnia would take him at 3 to just screw over the knights? Ya the sting are going to waste the 3rd overall pick so the knights don’t get to select him at 19th or the 2nd round? This guy is such a goof, only reason the sting take him is if he gives them a verbal commitment. Like if the sting take him the knights will just be like ok way to pick a guy who won’t commit and he will go play for Michigan state.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Ohlinsiders reasoning for sarnia picking namestikov at 3 is because he thinks London wants him and sarnia would take him at 3 to just screw over the knights? Ya the sting are going to waste the 3rd overall pick so the knights don’t get to select him at 19th or the 2nd round? This guy is such a goof, only reason the sting take him is if he gives them a verbal commitment.
I would be unbelievably furious with Sinclair & Co. If they take Namestnikov period. He is 5'6" 150 Pounds & has a commitment to NCAA.

He is the last player i want us to take. I'd rather us reach for someone else than that. For F*ck sakes just take Ludwinski or Fimis. It isn't hard.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I think that would be stupid to waste a 3rd overall pick just to screw London when you have a pick that high you use it on a player you know will come 100% if you want to screw London do it in the 2nd or 3rd rounds

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I would be unbelievably furious with Sinclair & Co. If they take Namestnikov period. He is 5'6" 150 Pounds & has a commitment to NCAA.

He is the last player i want us to take. I'd rather us reach for someone else than that. For F*ck sakes just take Ludwinski or Fimis. It isn't hard.
Those two or McConnell-Barker, after watching if scouting report video on the ohl site I like his game a lot.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I think that would be stupid to waste a 3rd overall pick just to screw London when you have a pick that high you use it on a player you know will come 100% if you want to screw London do it in the 2nd or 3rd rounds
Why try and screw London at all? Just use your own picks to make your team the best you can, wasting a pick on that is just pure stupidity no matter what round it is especially the first 5 or 6 rounds, London will be good regardless

Reactions: Lumberking

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It would be stunning if they viewed the 3rd overall pick as a 'Screw you London' pick. Sure take the kid in round 8-15. I don't care.

Not in the first round let alone THIRD overall. Be utterly ridiculous & stupid on so many levels. Not to mention the people I've talked to don't even think he is better than guys we've mentioned that are Canadian!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
It would be stunning if they viewed the 3rd overall pick as a 'Screw you London' pick. Sure take the kid in round 8-15. I don't care.

Not in the first round let alone THIRD overall. Be utterly ridiculous & stupid on so many levels. Not to mention the people I've talked to don't even think he is better than guys we've mentioned that are Canadian!
Why take him when we already have voit? Makes the top 6 pretty small.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I follow OHL insider on twitter.... he says a lot of things. This seems like its 100% false and simply made up.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I follow OHL insider on twitter.... he says a lot of things. This seems like its 100% false and simply made up.
He may get insight from his buddies around the league about trades, but I don’t think he knows a damn thing about the draft.

Reactions: Maddangler

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
He may get insight from his buddies around the league about trades, but I don’t think he knows a damn thing about the draft.
I like ohlinsider but on this I think he’s being a bit biased because he is a London fan

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I like ohlinsider but on this I think he’s being a bit biased because he is a London fan
Well north bay has officially announced that they will be taking ty Nelson I hope we get Fimis Ludwinski or Mconnel Barker

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Well north bay has officially announced that they will be taking ty Nelson I hope we get Fimis Ludwinski or Mconnel Barker
I’d be happy with either one of them, I think niagara will take Fimis. So I’m guessing Ludwinski or McConnell-Barker. I’d personally prefer McConnell-Barker but I’d be happy with either player. Don’t screw it up and take an American that won’t report.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Was just told by another person they are also hearing Namestnikov's name to Sarnia 3.

Apparently his uncle is Ivan Novoseltsev. Who played a few years for us.

Reactions: davewheeler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad