Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Brock is usually pretty intune with what's going on. If he says he is hearing it i totally believe it.

Unreal. They better be 100% confident he will be in a Sting Jersey come September. It pisses me off regardless if he commits because i believe Ludwinski is a better player.

Follow up to his original tweet. Least there's that. He also said he has talked to scouts who say he is unquestionably top 5 for skill level in the draft.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Brock is usually pretty intune with what's going on. If he says he is hearing it i totally believe it.

Unreal. They better be 100% confident he will be in a Sting Jersey come September. It pisses me off regardless if he commits because i believe Ludwinski is a better player.

Maybe he put namestikov at 3 because he thinks ohlinsider has some hunch. I’m going to be very let down if they pick him. Top 6 already has 5’8 roth and 5’9 voit even if he does come over that’s adding a 5’6 player to the top 6

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Maybe he put namestikov at 3 because he thinks ohlinsider has some hunch. I’m going to be very let down if they pick him. Top 6 already has 5’8 roth and 5’9 voit even if he does come over that’s adding a 5’6 player to the top 6
Im with yah. Not like Rees or Perreault are very big either. Guess the approach is we will out skate & out skill you on forward.

Gotta give the kid a fair shake. Just super annoyed we are passing up arguably better Canadian talent that 100% will show.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
This would be such an unnecessary risk. Stupid!
At least it sounds like he has interest in the OHL so maybe it won't be that hard to recruit him. But ya there is still a chance he could reconsider or be talked in staying in the US.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Namestnikov actually out produced Nazar who many say is a sure fire top 5 pick if he wasn't going US route. Pretty crazy numbers. Hopefully he hits a growth spurt because his skill level + skating is elite from what I've seen.

Hockeysar1

Apr 3, 2020
Im with yah. Not like Rees or Perreault are very big either. Guess the approach is we will out skate & out skill you on forward.

Gotta give the kid a fair shake. Just super annoyed we are passing up arguably better Canadian talent that 100% will show.
I cannot see the Sting going that far outside the ratings. I could see Fimis, Ludinski, Goyette. The guy I wouldn't be surprised is Fantelli.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I cannot see the Sting going that far outside the ratings. I could see Fimis, Ludinski, Goyette. The guy I wouldn't be surprised is Fantelli.
I hear Jon sims son could be coming to the OHL I wonder if we’re showing interest in him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he’s still there

Hockeysar1

Apr 3, 2020

Don't rely on Ohlsider for information. I am hoping Sting takes Fimis, Ludinski or don't be surprised Fantelli. Namestikov is a possibility he had very good numbers with Honeyback U16 but would require a definite commitment to take 3rd overall.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Namestnikov actually out produced Nazar who many say is a sure fire top 5 pick if he wasn't going US route. Pretty crazy numbers. Hopefully he hits a growth spurt because his skill level + skating is elite from what I've seen.

His older brother is 6’0 183, can’t imagine him being any shorter than 5’9 or 5’10 at the smallest, needs to grow soon tho. I just hope if we do take him that he shows up this year. That’s my only hope lol

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
North Bay announce they are taking Ty Nelson so obviously the odds of taking a defenceman with the third pick are pretty low which I think is a good thing even though the Sting badly need help on the back end. When you are picking top 3 you have to go after high end offensive talent and unless the defenceman is named Paul Coffey or Bobby Orr I'd be taking a forward , preferably a centre.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Welp. See what Sinclair says post draft about him. Gonna watch a bunch of film on him & see what he is all about. I trust Sinclair when it comes to drafting so if he thinks he is the right pick then I'll go with it.

Reactions: luckyone

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Welp. See what Sinclair says post draft about him. Gonna watch a bunch of film on him & see what he is all about. I trust Sinclair when it comes to drafting so if he thinks he is the right pick then I'll go with it.

Well that’s unusual, if Sinclair says after the draft “we think he might come over” I’m going to lose it. Almost exactly what they said about Weiss. But yes I trust Sinclair’s drafting. Also wondering about Sim’s boy could he been following in his dads footsteps?

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Nelson
Fimis
Namestikov
Goyette
Ludwinski
Donovan
Fantilli/Lavoie
Sova
Haight
Barker
Delic
Poitras/Edwards
Mckoy
Fantilli/Edwards
Wakely
Hayes
Fantilli/Lavoie
Jovanovic
Leblanc
Guindon

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I hear Jon sims son could be coming to the OHL I wonder if we’re showing interest in him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he’s still there

He is coming to the OHL... I think a 2nd/3rd rounder would be too high, he’s probably not even that high of a pick in the Q draft.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Someone just said to me "don't worry. They wouldn't take him 3rd unless they knew for sure he would come. He got left off the NTDP team for a reason. Presumably because he is going OHL route"

Hockeysar1

Apr 3, 2020
He is coming to the OHL... I think a 2nd/3rd rounder would be too high, he’s probably not even that high of a pick in the Q draft.
Not sure if he is OHL eligible since he is from Nova Scotia and played there. That is QMJHL territory

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Not sure if he is OHL eligible since he is from Nova Scotia and played there. That is QMJHL territory

He’s in the OHL draft as far as I understand. It’s been speculated in QMJHL circles for some time that he was going the OHL route. It never truly made sense to me, how or why that was possible but it appears from everything I’m hearing that he is indeed OHL eligible tomorrow.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Someone just said to me "don't worry. They wouldn't take him 3rd unless they knew for sure he would come. He got left off the NTDP team for a reason. Presumably because he is going OHL route"
They probably said that when they took Weiss lol , now is Namestikov worth being picked 3rd overall? His stats definitely say so , especially if he grows a lot this summer imagine him coming in at 5’10 or taller

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Maybe max is willing to go to sarnia because it’s so close to home. And didn’t want a team far away selecting him.

Attachments

• D55C98D0-5FBA-4A52-9560-3EE7E6F8CC03.png
    D55C98D0-5FBA-4A52-9560-3EE7E6F8CC03.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad