Sarnia Sting 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sting take Radek Berka 6’0 175 pound Forward with their 2nd pick, central scouting has him going in the third 3rd or 4th round in next years NHL draft as it stand now (early prediction)

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Like what i hear about both players today. Hjorth should come in and possibly play top pairing and run are PP. Berka sounds like a really solid energy player who can score. Sinclair sounds optimistic they will both show. Hopefully they do!

Reactions: robp1219

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sinclair says he expects both guys to be at training camp. Also said Berka is actually a natural Centre but does play LW.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
OA's - Martin, McGregor, Egert, Josling, Hatcher, Grima.

I'd have Mcgregor, Josling and Hatcher slated as the ones we keep.

As of right now the line up potentially could look a little like this:

Guy - McGregor - Josling
Berka - Rees- Perrault
Tabak - Burke - Hill
O'Donnell - McCombs - Dann
*Degurse/Saye*

Hatcher - Hjorth
Kammerer - Reesor
Jackovlevic - Dillingham
Mast

Langevin
Gaudreau

- Martin and Egert likely get released if a trade can't be found
- Grima get's traded for a 5th/6th round pick
- Lamour get's traded for a 6th/7th round pick
- Hogue get's traded for god knows what
- Ty Voit, if comes to Sarnia he fills a spot on the 3rd line to start

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
OA's - Martin, McGregor, Egert, Josling, Hatcher, Grima.

I'd have Mcgregor, Josling and Hatcher slated as the ones we keep.

As of right now the line up potentially could look a little like this:

Guy - McGregor - Josling
Berka - Rees- Perrault
Tabak - Burke - Hill
O'Donnell - McCombs - Dann
*Degurse/Saye*

Hatcher - Hjorth
Kammerer - Reesor
Jackovlevic - Dillingham
Mast

Langevin
Gaudreau

- Martin and Egert likely get released if a trade can't be found
- Grima get's traded for a 5th/6th round pick
- Lamour get's traded for a 6th/7th round pick
- Hogue get's traded for god knows what
- Ty Voit, if comes to Sarnia he fills a spot on the 3rd line to start
I’d have the line ups:
Guy Rees Perrault
Berka Mcgregor josling
Dann Burke Tabak
O’Donnell Hill Mccombs
Saye Degurse

Reesor Hjorth
Hatcher Kammerer
Jako Dillingham
Kennette Mast

Langevin
Gaudreau

I think Martin, grima will be traded, and both find takers.
Egert will be released and probably ends up playing junior b.
Lamour will be the odd man out.
And Hogue will need to be traded , just not working out with him.

I also wonder if the OA’s get traded at the deadline for 2000 or 2001 born players for the following years run.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If both Imports commit i am expecting a solid team. Probably finish around 5th, 6th or 7th. What will be interesting to watch is the bottom-6 forwards. You have Tabak, O'Donnell, Saye, Burke, Hill, DeGurse, McCombs, Dann & possibly Ty Voit if he commits. That's 9 guys for 6 spots. And all are probably OHL ready.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If both Imports commit i am expecting a solid team. Probably finish around 5th, 6th or 7th. What will be interesting to watch is the bottom-6 forwards. You have Tabak, O'Donnell, Saye, Burke, Hill, DeGurse, McCombs, Dann & possibly Ty Voit if he commits. That's 9 guys for 6 spots. And all are probably OHL ready.
I’m thinking a 4th or 5th spot, if this team finishes 7th I think it will be a big let down

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We will have to see how it all plays out. The defence is still a work in progress. Losing Eliot & trading Grima will hurt. But Hjorth looks legit plus hopefully big jumps from Kammerer/Reesor.

For goaltending i like Langevin hopefully he can comeback and be a starter and in Gaudreau who knows what we have as of now. Could come in on fire or struggle. Still super young. A good defence would go a long way..

On offense are top-6 will be solid especially if Berka can contribute, the bottom 6 is gunna be pretty young so they will have there ups & downs. Hoping Tabak comes back 15ish pounds heavier and can take a big step. Has alot of tools.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
We will have to see how it all plays out. The defence is still a work in progress. Losing Eliot & trading Grima will hurt. But Hjorth looks legit plus hopefully big jumps from Kammerer/Reesor.

For goaltending i like Langevin hopefully he can comeback and be a starter and in Gaudreau who knows what we have as of now. Could come in on fire or struggle. Still super young. A good defence would go a long way..

On offense are top-6 will be solid especially if Berka can contribute, the bottom 6 is gunna be pretty young so they will have there ups & downs. Hoping Tabak comes back 15ish pounds heavier and can take a big step. Has alot of tools.
I believe our defence is going to be much better defensively than last year, Eliot is going to be a big loss at both ends of the ice but hopefully Hjorth can fill that spot. I personally don’t think grima is that big of a loss he was at times a defensive liability last year... he got caught trying to do much thinking he was an all star when he most definitely wasn’t and some shifts he looked like he didn’t care and guys would out work him in his own end. I think reesor and kammerer will both take steps forward - I think reesor will be a stud of a physical stay at home dman and hopefully kammerer comes in heavier and stronger and I think he will be a real good two way dman. Hatcher should have a real good year I believe too, I just hope he can play an easy, simple game as well as being a physical presence. On the third pair I liked what I seen from Dillingham last year, looked like a solid dman hopefully he builds on that. And marko can be a biggg stay at home dman that should intimidate the other teAm and will be one of the toughest guys in the league. The extras in kennette an mast are two good sized guys that can both skate. I don’t know much about them but they look like they can be skid dman in the future. As for langevin I think he will be real good for us, I thought he was real good last year but the defence consistently hung him out to dry.i think he will be even better this year and I think the defence will give him more help this year aswell, gaudreau should be the back up , big athletic kid hopefully he can just be solid in his rookie year. Our top 6 forward group should be real good and give us a lot of scoring

Reactions: Maddangler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I believe our defence is going to be much better defensively than last year, Eliot is going to be a big loss at both ends of the ice but hopefully Hjorth can fill that spot. I personally don’t think grima is that big of a loss he was at times a defensive liability last year... he got caught trying to do much thinking he was an all star when he most definitely wasn’t and some shifts he looked like he didn’t care and guys would out work him in his own end. I think reesor and kammerer will both take steps forward - I think reesor will be a stud of a physical stay at home dman and hopefully kammerer comes in heavier and stronger and I think he will be a real good two way dman. Hatcher should have a real good year I believe too, I just hope he can play an easy, simple game as well as being a physical presence. On the third pair I liked what I seen from Dillingham last year, looked like a solid dman hopefully he builds on that. And marko can be a biggg stay at home dman that should intimidate the other teAm and will be one of the toughest guys in the league. The extras in kennette an mast are two good sized guys that can both skate. I don’t know much about them but they look like they can be solid dman in the future. As for langevin I think he will be real good for us, I thought he was real good last year but the defence consistently hung him out to dry.i think he will be even better this year and I think the defence will give him more help this year aswell, gaudreau should be the back up , big athletic kid hopefully he can just be solid in his rookie year. Our top 6 forward group should be real good and give us a lot of scoring

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Looks like Hjorth is hinting a little something on his Twitter

Attachments

• 9634D819-FD3E-4073-9B22-25FD1823CAFC.jpeg
    9634D819-FD3E-4073-9B22-25FD1823CAFC.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 9

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Be nice if we could sign any of are Americans.. Was hoping when we got Hatcher & Legwand it may bring more success in that way.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Be nice if we could sign any of are Americans.. Was hoping when we got Hatcher & Legwand it may bring more success in that way.

Mast-only American signed from this draft

How many spots are available and how many rookies do you want to have on your roster ?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Mast-only American signed from this draft

How many spots are available and how many rookies do you want to have on your roster ?
Not really talking from the 2019 draft. More so the past drafts. Guys like Josh Nodler, Case McCarthy who were just drafted in NHL. Mitch Miller, Wyatt Schingoethe are other guys to that would be significant boosts to the team

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Not really talking from the 2019 draft. More so the past drafts. Guys like Josh Nodler, Case McCarthy who were just drafted in NHL. Mitch Miller, Wyatt Schingoethe are other guys to that would be significant boosts to the team

The Knights recently signed an American they drafted back in 2016.So sometimes you have to be patient.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Can’t see nodler coming over, apparently flames old scout became the Fargo force head coach last year which is who nodler played for and he’s the reason the flames drafted him and that coach is extremely tight with the Michigan state coaching staff where nodler is committed. I think schingoethe and miller would be the best bet to come over, schingoethe is tight with Perrault and Miller might not want to play an additional year in the USHL.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’d think josling and mcgregor would stay up front for offence and Hatcher on the back end. If Hjorth signs and kennette makes the team that’s 10 defenceman, I’d think Hogue and grima will both get traded (Hogue wants out and isn’t fitting in here, and why keep grima to steal minutes from our 2001 and 2002 born dman they are going to need the experience and minutes for the following year and grima just isn’t that great)

Reactions: Maddangler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I was playing hockey in the PASA tonight and I noticed a few things about the rink, the fluorescent advertisement company signs up top at the south end I Believe seem to all be new and there is a new sarnia sting clock there too, those might have been there before I’m not sure but it all looks brand new .... also in the restaurant there was a few ladders and a scaffold set up inside.... possible renovations going on in there? And the parking lot is under construction (I heard two new entrances being added) does anyone have more information about these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad