Sarnia Sting 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Parking at the Sting's arena is free. The parking lots are shared with Lambton college so depending on the day/night parking tends to be a nightmare. Don't eat at the game as the bar there is **** along with the concession stands. Beer is severely overpriced and everybody get's over severed. The concourse is very small and tight in several spaces especially on the bar side so walking around is a pain some nights. Bain's BBQ is across the street from the arena and have decent food. Twisted Arm has probably the best wings in town. Brownstones is another bar that is pretty close to the arena as well. There are no bad seats in the arena however there is no security at the arena so kids will always be standing running around and never seated. Any other tips you are specifically looking for let me know. I've been to many arena's in the league.
Parking lot is being completely re done to improve slow traffic

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Hey guys, planning on making a trip out to catch the first game for the Bulldogs in Sarnia this year. Wondering if anyone had any travel suggestions/eating recommendations similar to the bellow thread.

Trip Advice and Tips For Posters

As someone already mentioned, parking is free which is rare around the league. They are redoing the parking lots for easier entry and exit which should make Sarnia the best arena around the league for parking IMO. The restaurant in the arena is also being completely re-done as well. It has been mediocre at best during its many different tenants over the years.

Gates open and hour before puck drop. Parking lot doesn't start getting busy until 15-25 mins before game time. You won't have any issues with a good parking spot.

Beer is expensive. $8-$9 for a tall boy. Concessions are nothing to rave about. Got your basic arena food.

As far seating goes, there isn't really a bad seat in the arena. If you want to see the Bulldogs shot twice then your ideal sections to sit in would be sections 119-122 or 101-106. Section 106 you may get some friendly heckling going on.

As far as eating before game, play it safe and pick something outside the arena. If you want to stay within a few KM's of the rink then you have some decent options. Bains BBQ, Chucks Roadhouse (cheap), Boston Pizza, Stokes Inland, Hana (Japanese), Crabby Joes, Twisted Arm, Pizza Hut, East Side Marios, Brownstones. Then a bunch of fast food joints as well. If you plan to stay around the arena then I would personally choose Twisted Arm.
If you want a true Sarnia experience and the weather is nice, go for bridge fries, but make sure you go to Alberts!! Menu has a bunch more then just fries but they are great and the whole area down by the water is really nice.

Sarnia has what we like to call a "5 minuet crowd". They take off with under 5 mins left in the game to escape the parking lot. Since they are redoing it, I don't see it being as much of an issue to get off site in a timely manner anymore. Highway is literally right there if you plan on taking off right after. If you take your ticket stub to Stokes Inland after the game (2 kms from arena) then you can enjoy a free little nacho or wings. A decent amount of Sting fans and players for there after each game. Get your free food, add another 10 wings and a beer and your out of there under $20 with a tip.

Reactions: BoxerMax

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Maybe the teams to beat ? Calling them elite is a bit of a stretch imo.

I agree. at this point, I don't see any roster from any team in the west as being elite. Some are obviously better then others but nothing more then a few players here and there.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Peterborough should be at the top of the East this year. It's widely known that they are all in for this year. Saginaw, Ottawa, London should all be top 3 in their conference. Sudbury lost Ukko to the AHL and Sauga has too many question marks after that horrible trade this summer that had everybody scratching their heads.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Peterborough should be at the top of the East this year. It's widely known that they are all in for this year. Saginaw, Ottawa, London should all be top 3 in their conference. Sudbury lost Ukko to the AHL and Sauga has too many question marks after that horrible trade this summer that had everybody scratching their heads.

Which Miss trade; goalies? They did alright as they switched same age goalies while improving picks which was needed.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The team has two open spots. Yes I’d be fine with Grima back.
I’d rather a Dman who was tougher for the opposition to play against than Grima. Paquette is who I’m targeting but he will cost more than Grima

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I’d rather a Dman who was tougher for the opposition to play against than Grima. Paquette is who I’m targeting but he will cost more than Grima

I mean sure that’s best case scenario but I’m sure other teams are looking at Paquette as well.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You think they’ll trade the coaches kid?

Sure, the owner must be tired of feeding the kid :)
Sarnia does not have many picks or 2000 born potential OA for next season; so, Parker-Jones or Beraldo & a pick could work.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Sure, the owner must be tired of feeding the kid :)
Sarnia does not have many picks or 2000 born potential OA for next season; so, Parker-Jones or Beraldo & a pick could work.

Beraldo plays for KGN ;) I don’t think Hatcher is worth an Oa spot on a contending team .

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Beraldo plays for KGN ;) I don’t think Hatcher is worth an Oa spot on a contending team .
If you are looking for a tough stay at home dman he is good for a third pairring, when he plays his simple shut down role he’s very useful, and he can hit and fight with the best of them.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I gotta give props to Kelton Hatcher...I remember I would cringe every time he stepped on the ice his first year or two..i think most of us did. BUT he has come a long way and has turned into a pretty good stay at home defensemen who can hit harder then anybody in this league. I'm more then happy to have him fill an OA spot.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I was at the rink last night. Took a quick look at the new parking lot. What I think I saw is not what I was expecting. I'll try to explain lol.

We all know how the old one looked, basically a bunch of different lots with a one way street going around them. Well now, it looks like they have taken away the street that would normally run along the east end between the front parking lots and the arena/college. All I saw was a wider street for two way traffic in the middle of the front and back parking lots, which to me means that all parking lot traffic would be exiting from only one end of the parking lot instead of both end. Not sure how that improves things.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Like the deal for Bitten! Should come in & hopefully get us near 45 - 50 Points & bring a solid 2Way game with some physicality. Also has 20 games of playoff experience.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I'm not sure I understand this trade. We have a plethora of forwards. I wonder if there is more to come. This makes a McGregor/Josling trade a very real possibility.

Jay86

Mar 25, 2018
Seems to make perfect sense. You get a 2000 born top 6 forward who will likely be back for his OA year and he can build chemistry with the young kid moving into 20-21. I am really hoping this is a Rhymsha like trade. Also, you didn’t have to give up any pieces and hopefully you can trade an OA at the deadline to recoup the picks.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I'm not sure I understand this trade. We have a plethora of forwards. I wonder if there is more to come. This makes a McGregor/Josling trade a very real possibility.
Ya the trade was to bring in a 2000 born forward, we only have him and jakojelvic that are 2000 born. Brings size and a two way game,can play on 2nd or third line and improve depth upfront, whether he plays in the top 6 or on the third line him coming in will make the bottom 6 better whic is needed, I still think grima should be on the move we have a lot of defence aswell.

Reactions: dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad