Sarnia Sting 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'm not sure I understand this trade. We have a plethora of forwards. I wonder if there is more to come. This makes a McGregor/Josling trade a very real possibility.
We have two 2000 born players in Jakovljevic & Lamour, ideally neither is around as an OA. Bitten hopefully becomes a 45 PT 2Way Forward this season then maybe another jump to 55-60 PTS. That's a solid middle-6 Winger who can play PP/PK/Late Game. We will get these picks back for Grima and if we decide to move Josling/McGregor.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Hello Sarnia fans. I think you got a good kid with Bitten, I'm sad to see him go. I do think he's easily a 20/50 player next year and could be a great OA. Plays well both ways, has size and competes well.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Ok, I can understand this trade now. I'm looking forward to next year as most of us have it labelled as our "go for it" year. Looking at the old draft pick cupboard, there isn't a whole lot to play with. I could certainly see Bitten as a second line guy and with that comes some higher production on his end. 50-60pts is very reasonable and I think that should be the expectation for a 19 year old playing top 6 minutes. Seems like he has the potential to be a McGregor type player. Let's hope the stats follow suit.

I expect Nick and company are working the phones like crazy trying to deal with the 6 OA's we have. Curious to see how this plays out.

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
I know we have a solid number of Sting fans who read the OHL Collective . We are doing this on the OHL collective for a while starting today!

Wondering what was the outcome of the OHL Collective kind gesture to donate merchandise sales up to July to the Saye family.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I was just at the College and I gotta say I don't really understand what they're doing with he parking. They eliminated the lane closest to the arena and made the lane in the middle of the lots double. Now, when you are in a lot, there is only one way out rather than 2. This seems like an absolute mess waiting to happen, you've got one exit out of a lot and people are going to have to cut across traffic if they want to go the modeland exit. I don't get it.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
I was just at the College and I gotta say I don't really understand what they're doing with he parking. They eliminated the lane closest to the arena and made the lane in the middle of the lots double. Now, when you are in a lot, there is only one way out rather than 2. This seems like an absolute mess waiting to happen, you've got one exit out of a lot and people are going to have to cut across traffic if they want to go the modeland exit. I don't get it.
Must have been planned by an engineer .

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
lol well obviously it was planned by an engineer. Not sure its going to make anything better tho. We will see.
It looked good on paper...oh well . If your in the east lot and want to go to wellington , you have to stop two lanes of moving traffic to get out and same thing if you are in the west lot want to go to London, this will be a mess every night.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
It looked good on paper...oh well . If your in the east lot and want to go to wellington , you have to stop two lanes of moving traffic to get out and same thing if you are in the west lot want to go to London, this will be a mess every night.
If you’re in the east lot, turn right, go straight through the lights at London Rd., get on Modeland and turn right onto Wellington. Wave to all the people waiting to get out onto Wellington on the way by...

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
If you’re in the east lot, turn right, go straight through the lights at London Rd., get on Modeland and turn right onto Wellington. Wave to all the people waiting to get out onto Wellington on the way by...
If they made the exit beside the day care only for people turning left onto London rd and the exit beside the College residence for people turning right onto London rd only it would make things so much easier. Also, the Wellington Exit, there needs to be a cop at the light on modeland and wellington.... people turning left at the light get a longggg red light and jams everything up.... none of the exits are ever flowing, its always stop and go 10 feet because theres zero organization.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Does anyone know of any mid-week men's rec hockey or pick up hockey in the Sarnia area? (winter)

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
BSHL is all on weekends except for the beginners (too good for that) and the PMHL tiers that are during the week I'm not good enough for lol.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
There is a huge difference from tier 4 to tier 5-7. I find tier 1-4 pretty similar.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Believe they're going with McGregor, Josling & Hatcher. Don't know what they're doing with Grima. Shopping Martin.
Ya most people assumed those would be the 3 overagers, id assume both Martin and grima get shipped, I think both deserve an OA spot somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->