Sarnia Sting 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Egert will be traded or released and Hogue is hopefully traded, him and his family want out of sarnia anyways.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I wouldn't put much stock in a rumor. I find it hard to believe that Josling wont be back. Do not see him going pro at all at this point. Unless there is a trade lined up then I see no reason why he's not back in Sarnia.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I wouldn't put much stock in a rumor. I find it hard to believe that Josling wont be back. Do not see him going pro at all at this point. Unless there is a trade lined up then I see no reason why he's not back in Sarnia.
Ya I also would be shocked if he wasn’t back in sarnia, especially with one of his line mates in Mcgregor probably returning

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Looking more and more likely that Sting pick Ty Voit will stay states side this year and play with Cedar Rapids in the USHL.

I was really hoping he would come to Sarnia. Feel like he has the tools to be a Mitch Marner type player in this league. Hopefully Sarnia can get him next year.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Current look at Sarnia's draft picks going into the 2019/2020 season. A few holes to fill in the 2nd-4th rounds. Doesn't look too bad considering the awful luck Sarnia has had with players turning pro and not getting a chance to recoup picks.

upload_2019-7-23_8-43-33.png

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Looking more and more likely that Sting pick Ty Voit will stay states side this year and play with Cedar Rapids in the USHL.

I was really hoping he would come to Sarnia. Feel like he has the tools to be a Mitch Marner type player in this league. Hopefully Sarnia can get him next year.
He will probably get a lot more ice time playing there then in sarnia, he will be bigger next year, so it could be beneficial to both him and the sting IF he comes next season

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
I see on the schedule that there are very few double headers at home this season. I wonder if this is due to poor turnouts over two days?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I see on the schedule that there are very few double headers at home this season. I wonder if this is due to poor turnouts over two days?

I can certainly see that as a valid reason. I'm all for spreading the home games out. Not much else going on around here in the winter. Always hated when we would go 2 weeks without a home game.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I can certainly see that as a valid reason. I'm all for spreading the home games out. Not much else going on around here in the winter. Always hated when we would go 2 weeks without a home game.
The only time that happened was the North Bay - Sudbury weekend and the Ottawa - Kingston trip and perhaps a Hamilton-Niagara-Erie weekend. Just economy of bus rides. Personally, I like the occasional “empty” weekend, and will schedule vacations on one or two of them.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
The only time that happened was the North Bay - Sudbury weekend and the Ottawa - Kingston trip and perhaps a Hamilton-Niagara-Erie weekend. Just economy of bus rides. Personally, I like the occasional “empty” weekend, and will schedule vacations on one or two of them.

at least invite us..geeez. :D

Reactions: Texcanuck

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

I'm ok with this.You don't want to make empty promises to rookies & other players just to have them sit in the stands.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

I like you think Voit could be a very good top-6 forward one day but usually with americans u have to guarantee them ice time for them to sign. Unfortunately for Sarnia im not sure they can do that this year. We already have 13-14 forwards that should be good enough so to guarantee him top-9 mins is hard.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Current look at Sarnia's draft picks going into the 2019/2020 season. A few holes to fill in the 2nd-4th rounds. Doesn't look too bad considering the awful luck Sarnia has had with players turning pro and not getting a chance to recoup picks.

View attachment 246117
Should they decide to do so McGregor, Josling & Grima easily fill those holes for picks. McGregor alone should fetch two 2nds. Considering we spent alot in the two years we went for it & got so little in return since guys graduated we aren't in bad shape.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
What do we think the lineup will look like?

Tough to say at this point with the whole OA situation and the abundance of forwards we have looking to make a full time roster spot. I'll take a stab at it.

Guy-McGregor-Josling
Berka-Rees-Perrault
Tabak-McCombs-Burke
Dann-Hill-Degurse
*O'Donnell/Saye

Hjorth - Hatcher
Ressor - Kammerer
Jackovljevic - Dillingham
Mast/Kennette

Langevin
Gaudreau

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
Tough to say at this point with the whole OA situation and the abundance of forwards we have looking to make a full time roster spot. I'll take a stab at it.

Guy-McGregor-Josling
Berka-Rees-Perrault
Tabak-McCombs-Burke
Dann-Hill-Degurse
*O'Donnell/Saye

Hjorth - Hatcher
Ressor - Kammerer
Mast/Kennette

Langevin
Gaudreau

I gotta say this looks about right to me

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Guy-McGregor-Josling
Berka-Rees-Perrault
Tabak-McCombs-Burke
Dann-Hill-Degurse
*O'Donnell/Saye

Hjorth - Hatcher
Ressor - Kammerer
Mast/Kennette

Langevin
Gaudreau
I agree with almost all of it except i think u might see O'Donnell as a regular and Dann as an extra. On D I heard Kammerer has really put in work this off season. Excited to see what he can do!

Reactions: Ferda11

mkraayen

Mar 7, 2011

Guy-McGregor-Josling
Berka-Rees-Perrault
Tabak-McCombs-Burke
Dann-Hill-Degurse
*O'Donnell/Saye

Hjorth - Hatcher
Ressor - Kammerer
Mast/Kennette

Langevin
Gaudreau
There are two players not getting talked about, that I believe could legitimately compete for roster spots - forward, Cole Craft and D-man, Justin Nolet - both 2001-born players selected in the 2017 OHL draft. No idea if either still wish to pursue the OHL-route, but am hopeful both are in training camp.

Reactions: Maddangler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad