Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
It'll be a tough decision for Sinclair but I'm still on the side of trading Josling & McGregor. You *Should* be able to get quite the haul for them. McGregor is a top 10 C in the O & his elite 2Way play is so valuable. Josling is on a torrid pace right now so his value is rising alot.

So far this year OAs have gone for -
Garreffa ~ Three 3rds
Hawel ~ two 2nds, 3rd, 15th
Paquette (D) ~ 2nd, two 3rds, 5th

Hawel is the one i look at the most. He had 78 Points last year playing on a stacked Storm team. McGregor had 77 on a way lesser Sting team. And as i noted before he brings that great 2Way game that every coach wants on there team.

Speaking of draft picks, the Sting are missing some high draft picks according to the ohl database.

2020 3rd
2021 2nd

We could recoupe those picks & possibly add another 2nd if we move our better OAs

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Speaking of draft picks, the Sting are missing some high draft picks according to the ohl database.

2020 3rd
2021 2nd

We could recoupe those picks & possibly add another 2nd if we move our better OAs
Yep!! And if kids like Mast, Voit, O’Donnell are the kind of players we can attract, then bring on the picks...

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sign him and trade him for a draft pick or whatever, I don’t see the problem with that , don’t see langevin or gaudreau being shipped out for an OA

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sign him and trade him for a draft pick or whatever, I don’t see the problem with that , don’t see langevin or gaudreau being shipped out for an OA
It's more of a big middle finger to London lol. Like if u want him then you'll give us something for him.

I like it because it's London but Hunter must be pretty pissed off at Sinclair lol.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
It's more of a big middle finger to London lol. Like if u want him then you'll give us something for him.

I like it because it's London but Hunter must be pretty pissed off at Sinclair lol.
It’s smart, I’m sure hunters would do the same

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I love it. Smart move for Sinclair. Turn nothing into something. Who cares what the pick is that we will get in return. Pick is a pick!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Had Kammerer/Reesor been healthy i actually wouldn't mind keeping Myskiw for when Gaudreau leaves (NOV 2nd-9th). He will probably miss 4 games (FLT, OS, SSM, NB) and we could give him 1or2 of those starts. But with 2 of are bigger dman hurt no way they'd sit Hatcher as the extra OA.

Assume Myskiw is dealt I'm just not sure what for. Maybe something like a conditional pick dependent on starts or wins ?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I love it. Smart move for Sinclair. Turn nothing into something. Who cares what the pick is that we will get in return. Pick is a pick!

Why would London ever give a pick? They'd be a lot smarter to say okay you can have him, knowing SAR isn't going to use him. Then he'd go back on waivers and the only teams ahead of LDN in the waiver wire are KGN/NB/MISS/GUE and none of them are taking an OA goalie

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Why would London ever give a pick? They'd be a lot smarter to say okay you can have him, knowing SAR isn't going to use him. Then he'd go back on waivers and the only teams ahead of LDN in the waiver wire are KGN/NB/MISS/GUE and none of them are taking an OA goalie

And Sarnia wasn't looking for an OA goalie to claim off waivers but here we are. All anyone can do is speculate. Sinclair obviously has something in mind and knows something we don't (shocking, I know).
Also, never said it would be London. Could be another team that wanted him after the Knights and are using the Sting to make that happen. Who knows!

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Maybe we are going to put the goalie on Defence. He cant play any worse.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
wait a second...Was it just talk or did the rule change so that goalies do not count towards your 3 OA's?? Why do I remember this being at least discussed??

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

Or Sarnia gas waiver priority and London wants him before someone else snags him (like Sudbury who needs a G)

no GM is in the business of screwing another or you won’t get anywhere in the league. Sinclair and London likely working on this together. That’s my guess

Razor Mac

Mar 22, 2019
Which Forwards have been healthy scratches lately? Would any of those kids going to be sent down to Junior B?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Which Forwards have been healthy scratches lately? Would any of those kids going to be sent down to Junior B?

Sting are healthy up front now that McGregor is back so we will see what the coaching staff do going forward.

Sarnia has had Hill, Burke and Saye be the usual suspects rotating in and out. Berka, Voit and Mack have sat out a few games and O'Donnell just sat his first this past Sunday.

If I had to guess what the forward group going forward is most likely to look like it would be the following,

Roth - Rees - Josling
Bitten - McGregor - Perreault
Guy - Tabak - Mack
Berka - O'Donnell - Voit

Leaving the following: Hill, Saye and Burke.

On Defense - Reesor and Kammerer are hurt but once healthy I'd imagine the following,

Reesor - Kammerer
Hatcher - Hjorth
Jackovljevic - Mast

Leaving Dillingham and Nolet. That being said, Nolet has turned some heads and has looked real good since getting called up.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Pretty impressive numbers for Myskew last year with a .914 save percentage and huge minutes .
It’s unlikely to happen because of nepotism but the smart move might be to deal Hatcher and Langevin for a haul of picks and or prospects and keep the veteran goalie . Given the fact that they are getting him for nothing would make things that much sweeter .
Whatever they do they should do it quickly as this constant revolving door of bringing in players creates uncertainty within the team.
A big reason the team started so poorly IMO is takes time to gel and all this uncertainty about who’s in the lineup doesn’t help .

Reactions: Ferda11

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
We must be getting close to 30 cards (by my count 26, not including Myskiw). Running out of trade possibilities.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Or Sarnia gas waiver priority and London wants him before someone else snags him (like Sudbury who needs a G)

no GM is in the business of screwing another or you won’t get anywhere in the league. Sinclair and London likely working on this together. That’s my guess
I guess them working together could make sense. London has a oretty high waiver claim as of now ahead of other teams that need goalies.

See if/when the trade happens what each GM has to say

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Time for my weekend picks:
Sting 5 PBO 4 (OT)
Sting 6 Kingston 4
OTT 5 Sting 4 (OT)

under the assumption Gaudreau gets PBO and OTT...
Not quite as rosy as Tone, but close!

Reactions: Ferda11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad