Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Very winnable game vs Kingston. Take that & we grab 6/6 on the weekend & all of a sudden we are in the race for 8th (ik super early).. If they get rolling then McGregor returns the confidence on the team will be super high.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Did Josling just up his value for a trade.We know Hatcher is going nowhere,so that leaves McGregor and Martin.Unless McGregor gets back soon, his value will continue to fall as trade deadline sneaks closer.

Good job by both goalies the last 2 games and hopefully the boys continue to play with some confidence.No one seen the win coming against Oshawa,(ok maybe a few),but desperate teams always scares the heck out of me.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Congrats Sting! I went over to the Oshawa board first and all I saw was predictions as to how much they will beat you by. Love the parity in the league this year. You guys are on your way!

Reactions: The Howler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
And by the way, I am totally pumped to get a live look at our #1 draft pick, and backbone of the team’s next 4 years. Can’t wait!

Reactions: robp1219

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
A win today vs the Fronts would be big! Taking all 3 this weekend would change the mood around the team drastically. Offensively we are clicking, defensively we've done a better job at letting the goalies see it cleanly & not giving up as many super grade A chances. Back to back great goalie games must have them all feeling good, too.

As im sure everyone else is i sure hope to see Gaudreau start. I like Langevin but we all wanna see Ben get it after Thursday's amazing game. Hopefully if he does start he isn't to nervous in his first home start.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Can someone. Describe Nolet’s play? His plus minus is really good considering the amount of goals the sting allow, and he’s starting to produce offensively, and he’s still adjusting to the ohl level and the city of sarnia.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Lol hard to believe this is the same team from last week. Offence is scoring at will .... SOG is still concerning tho.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Great weekend for the lads and a great showing by the rookies. D needs some hefty work. We can't keep getting outshot nearly 2-1 or worse and expect to get any points let alone a win. The JRR line is unreal, hope they set that in stone for long run. Can't wait to see Kammerer and Reesor back now. On a side note that was a pitiful showing for the fans today....not even 1300 after the 2 games these lads put in. Let's get out and support these boys!!!

-Sent by my iPhone

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Can someone. Describe Nolet’s play? His plus minus is really good considering the amount of goals the sting allow, and he’s starting to produce offensively, and he’s still adjusting to the ohl level and the city of sarnia.
Smooth skater, for the most part he makes the right play & his passes are very crisp & tape to tape. I've been very impressed with his last 3or4 games.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sort of a weird game. Refs were absolute garbage, we didn't have much zone time at all but every chance we had went in. Gaudreau was solid i thought. He looked a little nervous (first home game) but settled in. Would want the 3rd back but it did come off multiple bad turnovers in are own end.

Josling-Rees-Roth are on absolute fire right now. For the love of god can Rees PLEASE stay in the lineup. So dynamic, so good.

Awesome to see the Captain back. 1G/1A & dominated in Face-offs. You notice the amount of subtle plays he makes in a game after not seeing him play for a few weeks. Such a stud.

This was the Kelton Hatcher we've come to love! 3or4 devastating hits, fight win (lmao at 2 KGN guys going at him with there gloves off) & he got 2 Assists.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Great weekend for the lads and a great showing by the rookies. D needs some hefty work. We can't keep getting outshot nearly 2-1 or worse and expect to get any points let alone a win. The JRR line is unreal, hope they set that in stone for long run. Can't wait to see Kammerer and Reesor back now. On a side note that was a pitiful showing for the fans today....not even 1300 after the 2 games these lads put in. Let's get out and support these boys!!!

-Sent by my iPhone

Attendance was 3200 give or take. Not sure where you got 1300 from.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
4 shots in the 2nd, 4 shots in the 3rd. Thank god we are scoring on our prime chances. The shots are very concerning. Everything in our end of the ice has just been a mess. This needs to get addressed ASAP. Not always gonna score 5 plus goals a game. Really need Reesor and Kammerer back. That’s two of our top 4.

Reactions: massey and robp1219

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
4 shots in the 2nd, 4 shots in the 3rd. Thank god we are scoring on our prime chances. The shots are very concerning. Everything in our end of the ice has just been a mess. This needs to get addressed ASAP. Not always gonna score 5 plus goals a game. Really need Reesor and Kammerer back. That’s two of our top 4.
Ya we are defending well in the way of Grade A chances but we are allowing wayyyy to much zone time. It takes away from are offense.

How would u guys run the goalies next week? @ Pbo, @ Kgn, @ Ott. 2 of the leagues best teams & Kingston again. Id go Langevin PBO/OTT, Gaudreau KGN.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Woooo! Gaudreau in net too! Just need reesor and Kammerer back on defence! Jako and Dillingham I would expect to be sitting a lot when they return

Jacko the best by far dman tonight,sit mast if anybody,played terrible

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Ya we are defending well in the way of Grade A chances but we are allowing wayyyy to much zone time. It takes away from are offense.

How would u guys run the goalies next week? @ Pbo, @ Kgn, @ Ott. 2 of the leagues best teams & Kingston again. Id go Langevin PBO/OTT, Gaudreau KGN.
I would the opposite,Gaudreau PBO and Ott,Langevin kingston

massey

Sep 5, 2012

-Sent by my iPhone

wrong at 1300,numbers backwards.lol

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I would the opposite,Gaudreau PBO and Ott,Langevin kingston
I’d let gaudreau take Kingston , build his confidence remember he’s a 16 year that’s only played 2 games in this league ease him into it

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Jacko the best by far dman tonight,sit mast if anybody,played terrible
Can expect a few bad nights from a 16 year old, he makes some good plays on the offensive side of the puck that lead to goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad