Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Scary to think that's our teams best effort...2 losses, 1 a blow out.....lol
Ya lol. Peterborough is really good. Especially if Jones starts. Can't see us winning. Windsor game will be tight but there depth is definitely better with McGregor, Rees out.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Ya lol. Peterborough is really good. Especially if Jones starts. Can't see us winning. Windsor game will be tight but there depth is definitely better with McGregor, Rees out.
Probably will get Austin. Jones played last night and Petes play Flint on Saturday.
Both Windsor goalies are about the same.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sarnia should of traded for mason mctavish when he wasn’t reporting to Peterborough, he’s lighting it up as a rookie.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia should of traded for mason mctavish when he wasn’t reporting to Peterborough, he’s lighting it up as a rookie.
As much as i would of loved that when those type of trades happen it usually costs a team at least three 2nd round picks ++. We couldn't of done that. Would of killed doing anything in the future.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
To Sarnia: Ryan Roth

To SSM: 4th in 2021
2nd in 2033 (ham)
5th (conditional) in 2023

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well, who knows what they hell Sinclair and company are doing anymore. Brought in 3 19 years old in the last month. I'm not sure what to think. Feel like there is something going on we aren't going to like. (McGregor done for the year)

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Well, who knows what they hell Sinclair and company are doing anymore. Brought in 3 19 years old in the last month. I'm not sure what to think. Feel like there is something going on we aren't going to like. (McGregor done for the year)

Gotta agree about McGregor. Irregardless,doesnt make any freakin sense. Thats awesome,we can sit some more rookies. I sure hope this isnt Sinclair's idea and came from the ownership. Seems like a desperate move of a desperate team. For some reason we hate to hold on to draft picks.Unbelievable

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Gotta agree about McGregor. Irregardless,doesnt make any freakin sense. Thats awesome,we can sit some more rookies. I sure hope this isnt Sinclair's idea and came from the ownership. Seems like a desperate move of a desperate team. For some reason we hate to hold on to draft picks.Unbelievable

If the ownership isn't careful, we could be end up like tbe 95/96 London Knights.Something had to be done.Maybe the injuries are worse than the team first thought.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
IF everyone is back healthy then the lines up front look great really.

Bitten - McGregor - Josling
Roth - Rees - Perreault
Voit - Berka - Guy
O'Donnell - Tabak - Mack

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Roth will help but I think your team needs more. Making it into a playoff position is 1 thing but being a contender is another - is it worth it to make it up to 8th or 9th? Maybe a better drafting position for this team was a better direction?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sorry not “great” at all.

Over payment for Roth too

(Maybe) a *5th more than it would cost for Roth next pre-season. It’s a decent deal; and, a fit for the team, imo. Unless, you were hoping for 1st pick and think losing is good for young players.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Roth will help but I think your team needs more. Making it into a playoff position is 1 thing but being a contender is another - is it worth it to make it up to 8th or 9th? Maybe a better drafting position for this team was a better direction?

This team hasn’t played a full game yet with 3 of its top players. Two being your two top centres and the other a top 3 d-man. Zero relief in goal with Lamour and our 1st rd pick both out. I expect a better effort then what this team has done through 5 games but you can’t judge the true potential of this team until they are a full healthy squad with a few games under their belt.

Reactions: dirty12

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
This team hasn’t played a full game yet with 3 of its top players. Two being your two top centres and the other a top 3 d-man. Zero relief in goal with Lamour and our 1st rd pick both out. I expect a better effort then what this team has done through 5 games but you can’t judge the true potential of this team until they are a full healthy squad with a few games under their belt.
Yes - it is junior hockey so a lot can change in one weekend. Just from far away I see it as some good draft picks you could have used closer to a contending year. Roth is a good player, I'm just not convinced this is good timing for this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad