Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Didn't see the move coming really but gotta remember Roth will be here for 2 years. As someone mentioned we have a weak group of 19 year olds so this helps. Also brings a lot of playoff experience.

Imagine he plays top-6 & special teams. 40 Points last year & Point per game this season. So if we can get two years of 60+ Pt production that would be nice.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well, who knows what they hell Sinclair and company are doing anymore. Brought in 3 19 years old in the last month. I'm not sure what to think. Feel like there is something going on we aren't going to like. (McGregor done for the year)
You could be right but i wouldn't jump to that already. If he is out another 3or4 weeks without word then it'll be a little concerning.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Yes - it is junior hockey so a lot can change in one weekend. Just from far away I see it as some good draft picks you could have used closer to a contending year. Roth is a good player, I'm just not convinced this is good timing for this deal.
He’s a good player for this year, rookies can learn from him, and I’d assume he’s a guarantee as a OA next season, and he will be a very good OA , I like the deal

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Next years OA’s:

Bitten
Roth
Mack
Jacko
Bitten and Roth will most likely stay the entire year as OA’s next season, i think Jacko will be released and they will upgrade on Mack most likely use it on a OA defenceman

massey

Sep 5, 2012
He’s a good player for this year, rookies can learn from him, and I’d assume he’s a guarantee as a OA next season, and he will be a very good OA , I like the deal

rookies are not going to learn anything period by sitting on the bench and not playing.unless they get some playing time we dont need to worry about next year,go with the 4 lines and let them roll.record 0-5 start

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Didn't see the move coming really but gotta remember Roth will be here for 2 years. As someone mentioned we have a weak group of 19 year olds so this helps. Also brings a lot of playoff experience.

Imagine he plays top-6 & special teams. 40 Points last year & Point per game this season. So if we can get two years of 60+ Pt production that would be nice.
He will most likely give you 25 - 30 goals and 55-65 points both years. He is smart and can score.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Thing that really sucks is as someone pointed out earlier are forward depth is actually really good.. With everyone healthy. Unfortunately by the time that happens im afraid we will be to far behind & be preparing to sell off.

A bottom-6 with Guy, Tabak, Voit, Berka, Mack is pretty damn solid. Obviously this doesn't help are piss poor defence to this point but you guys get what I'm saying lol.

Reactions: Ferda11

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Bitten and Roth will most likely stay the entire year as OA’s next season, i think Jacko will be released and they will upgrade on Mack most likely use it on a OA defenceman
i see u have your wish list prepared. Sign of an optimist

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
davewheeler, don't forget to get your predictions in for the 2 games this weekend. Your the only one left to do so!

If this team is going to turn it around, it has to start tonight. If you want to prove to the league and to us fans that this season isn't going to be a waste then make a statement tonight vs one of the top teams in the league.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
davewheeler, don't forget to get your predictions in for the 2 games this weekend. Your the only one left to do so!

If this team is going to turn it around, it has to start tonight. If you want to prove to the league and to us fans that this season isn't going to be a waste then make a statement tonight vs one of the top teams in the league.
PTBO 7 SAR 3 reg
WIND 5 SAR 4 Shootout.
Thanks for the reminder.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Lines tonight
Roth-Bitten-Perreault
Guy-O'Donnell-Josling
Martin-Tabak-Voit
Berka-Hill-Mack

Hatcher-Mast
Hjorth-Dillingham
Kammerer-Nolet

Langevin

Big chance for O'Donnell. Kid deserves a shot, i like it. Wish berka wasn't on L4 tho.. also not sure i agree sitting Jakovljevic vs a high powered team for Nolet. But they must see something.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Langevin played out of his mind. Props to him. Outside of that not a ton of positives. Nolet looked way more comfortable. See what we have tomorrow in WSR.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’ve had about enough of watching Hatcher play out of position and coughing the puck up. There is no scenario where he should ever be playing against another teams top line. He is god awful so far this year.

Perreault needs to learn what a back check is and maybe should stop trying the same move every single time because all he does is turn it over.

Bitten had his worse game. Lots of turnovers.

Roth was invisible but we can let that slide.

Langevin deserves that win. Gotta feel for him. He was lights out. Best performance this year.

Reactions: Stingland

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Only team in the entire CHL not to record a point this season. What an accomplishment. Worst organization in major junior hockey.. and they’re proving it.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Team is close to finalizing a new lease with the city. Per Bill Abercrombie. Also said new dressing room & box office is hopefully on the way.

Reactions: robp1219

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I’ve had about enough of watching Hatcher play out of position and coughing the puck up. There is no scenario where he should ever be playing against another teams top line. He is god awful so far this year.

Perreault needs to learn what a back check is and maybe should stop trying the same move every single time because all he does is turn it over.

Bitten had his worse game. Lots of turnovers.

Roth was invisible but we can let that slide.

Langevin deserves that win. Gotta feel for him. He was lights out. Best performance this year.
To be fair to Perreault most of the games so far he is a one man show. He isn't getting any help at all. He has to carry the puck up, facilitate & get his own chances. Really missing McGregor as his Centre.

Hatcher has been a disaster. He has been caught for 4or5 goals last few games. Been really exposed playing more than 18ish mins a night.

I'm terrified to throw Gaudreau in for a game right now.

Reactions: Maddangler

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I understand that in desperation we make trades but omg, can we find a centre who can win a face-off. I don't care what you say, Tabak is not a centre... he's draw success is horrid, he is slow and makes the occasional good play... occasional is not good enough in this league He is third or four line at best. Bitten wanted more ice time to prove this worth, well show up.. the ice is yours. Our play Friday was chaotic at best.. thank goodness Langevin showed up. Is another on the same page. ... I think the organization needs an entire new staff...events are tardy or misbegotten and pushing $5 beer is the only way they can generate revenue. to be frank, or bob, we are a shambles....it is not professionally run, managed or coached. Don't blame the kids... they are a product of their environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad