Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Interesting article in Sarnia first monday.Suggest Hatcher give up his coaching career.
Just read it now. Good opinion piece. I agree much of what the author said. Wonder if he also gies up his ownership piece too. If Hatcher sells now I bet he took a big loss $ wise.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
While i agree it's time for him to go it isnt because 5 years in he hasn't won. In the 5 years he has been here we've had are 2 best years ever & had legitimate chances at winning..

For me it's this season entirely. 0 structure/system to the team, 0 adjustments made all season, how he's handled Voit, Berka, O'Donnell, the whole defence & how he's handled the goalies..

In game wise scratching Nolet every 3rd game is a joke. He is are best Dman. Tinkering with the PP when it was top-3 all year (since he screwed it its been horrendous), who he chooses to bench or not bench.. Playing Jakovljevic on forward over 16/17 year olds in a rebuilding year..

He just kills any confidence a player has. Berka gets his first point! Sat the next day.. Same thing with Voit. Taking Hjorth off the PP when he had 20 PTS in 30-ish game destroyed his confidence. He has 3 points since mid-December & u can see watching him he is fighting it now.

I alluded to him a bit but the way he handled Berka is embarrassing. He got 0 chance to succeed. What really irritated me the most was how in Berka's final game he finally got to play in the Top-6. He got 1 period (where he looked solid) & got sent back to L4 & played maybe 5 minutes then got released. It's like he taunted him with it.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
While i agree it's time for him to go it isnt because 5 years in he hasn't won. In the 5 years he has been here we've had are 2 best years ever & had legitimate chances at winning..

For me it's this season entirely. 0 structure/system to the team, 0 adjustments made all season, how he's handled Voit, Berka, O'Donnell, the whole defence & how he's handled the goalies..

In game wise scratching Nolet every 3rd game is a joke. He is are best Dman. Tinkering with the PP when it was top-3 all year (since he screwed it its been horrendous), who he chooses to bench or not bench.. Playing Jakovljevic on forward over 16/17 year olds in a rebuilding year..

He just kills any confidence a player has. Berka gets his first point! Sat the next day.. Same thing with Voit. Taking Hjorth off the PP when he had 20 PTS in 30-ish game destroyed his confidence. He has 3 points since mid-December & u can see watching him he is fighting it now.

I alluded to him a bit but the way he handled Berka is embarrassing. He got 0 chance to succeed. What really irritated me the most was how in Berka's final game he finally got to play in the Top-6. He got 1 period (where he looked solid) & got sent back to L4 & played maybe 5 minutes then got released. It's like he taunted him with it.
Not to mention I've been told by multiple people who would know that we don't even practice 3on3 & barely 4on4.. Also told Hatcher barely talks to the players outside of practice. In junior hockey you HAVE to communicate with these kids!

For 3 years he seemed like a great coach but these last 2 have shown he's in over his head. He doesn't seem to be a great teacher/communicator which is a must in Jr.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
As expected, Josling got 2 for initiating a fight in the last 5 minutes. Will be spectator on the northern swing.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
As expected, Josling got 2 for initiating a fight in the last 5 minutes. Will be spectator on the northern swing.
Id be mad at him for being an idiot in the moment but i cant really blame him. Imagine being an OA playing on this team to end your Junior career.. not to mention the guy was slashing him, wouldn't fight then took a run at him & hit him high.

Would love to see O'Donnell get a shot higher in the lineup.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Pick's for next 4 games
Sting 6 North Bay 3
Sting 4 Wolves 2
Flint 5 Sting 2
Sting 4 Spit's 2
Being optimistic hoping for the best

deeferg

Oct 17, 2019
Well, when Rees finds success in those moves, he really does make it work. Great job making that GWG happen. Was good to watch Gaudreau get the W in his hometown. The hometown announcers may as well have been from Sarnia. Just praising the guys.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Well, when Rees finds success in those moves, he really does make it work. Great job making that GWG happen. Was good to watch Gaudreau get the W in his hometown. The hometown announcers may as well have been from Sarnia. Just praising the guys.
I think our guys here in the North Bay are some of the best in the bis, the complete opposite of homers and announce a non biased game. Gaudreau looked solid tonight. Bright future ahead of him.

deeferg

Oct 17, 2019
I think our guys here in the North Bay are some of the best in the bis, the complete opposite of homers and announce a non biased game. Gaudreau looked solid tonight. Bright future ahead of him.
Not a doubt, it was really good to get a both sides perspective. Going into the second or third period they even mentioned that. "We like to just watch hockey and get a centered view, a good play is a good play". Was definitely a breath of fresh air.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Not a doubt, it was really good to get a both sides perspective. Going into the second or third period they even mentioned that. "We like to just watch hockey and get a centered view, a good play is a good play". Was definitely a breath of fresh air.
The most homer announcers I’ve listened to has got to be flints, it was like watching the game on tv in a firebird super fan basement. Pretty embarrassing really

deeferg

Oct 17, 2019
It looks like Rees took a skate blade to the face when he tripped up a Sudbury player. Rushed off to the bench and grabbed a towel and then rushed to the room. Really scary. Fingers crossed and hoping it looked worse than it actually is. Don't like seeing freak accidents like that happening.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Meh... couldn’t do it vs Sudbury so not likely to beat Flint or Windsor.
FLINT 6 Sarnia 3
WINDSOR 5 Sarnia 3

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
It looks like Rees took a skate blade to the face when he tripped up a Sudbury player. Rushed off to the bench and grabbed a towel and then rushed to the room. Really scary. Fingers crossed and hoping it looked worse than it actually is. Don't like seeing freak accidents like that happening.
He did return to the game, so I think he was ok in the end. Definitely scary however!

deeferg

Oct 17, 2019

Not sure how to post a tweet here, but here's a photo of the cut he took. Freakin champ, getting back out there after that.

Reactions: The Howler

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Seemed like a half decent road game. Ben probably wanted two of those goals back, looked a little soft. Other then that good showing for him. Good to see Guy pot a couple.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
This Carcillo and Biznasty stuff is getting ridiculous. I don't know Paul but I can say without a doubt that Carcillo was an absolute piece of trash. Him being an advocate for women and anti-bullying is like Hitler being an advocate for the Jews. Both claiming they used the N word in the dressing rooms to each other.... Paul is now pretty famous and has a big platform..... I wonder what his response to those claims will be. I literally just saw him in a commercial. I also wonder if more stories will come out.

Reactions: The Howler

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
This Carcillo and Biznasty stuff is getting ridiculous. I don't know Paul but I can say without a doubt that Carcillo was an absolute piece of trash. Him being an advocate for women and anti-bullying is like Hitler being an advocate for the Jews. Both claiming they used the N word in the dressing rooms to each other.... Paul is now pretty famous and has a big platform..... I wonder what his response to those claims will be. I literally just saw him in a commercial. I also wonder if more stories will come out.

lol, i was pretty entertained reading them banter back and fourth. To me, Carcillo is just trying to stay relevant. Biz has built himself quite the platform with the Coyotes and the Spittin Chicklets pod cast. Carcillo's platform is basically trying to tear people down who are actually relevant and successful on twitter. It's a well known fact that Carcillo was a jack ass all through his career. Biz, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad