Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Classy start to warmups - Reesor out first for a full lap before rest of team hits the ice.
First period the usual nonsense.

Reactions: The Howler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Can't say I'm upset i missed this one! Lol. I'm almost scared to ask but what's gone wrong today? Just same old horrific defense?

Also, how is Reesor looking? See he is +1 & considering the score that's pretty impressive

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The reappearance of Reesor has kept them to 5 per period so far...
Assist, +2 in a game where we allow 12. Not sure u coulda asked for more from him haha. Stratis, Kammerer pair had a roughhhhh day.

1 combined point from McGregor/Rees/Josling is shocking with 19 goals.. They have all shut right down. See if they come to play tomorrow or if it's another blowout.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Assist, +2 in a game where we allow 12. Not sure u coulda asked for more from him haha. Stratis, Kammerer pair had a roughhhhh day.

1 combined point from McGregor/Rees/Josling is shocking with 19 goals.. They have all shut right down. See if they come to play tomorrow or if it's another blowout.
Sarnia saves their blowout losses for home games. Im sure they will be competitive on the road. I was there today... you could just feel the disappointment in the air at the game. A sense of why are we even here.

Reactions: Stingland

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Actually saw Reesor do something I’ve rarely seen this season... block shots!!
As mentioned above, he really didn’t have a bad game.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Actually saw Reesor do something I’ve rarely seen this season... block shots!!
As mentioned above, he really didn’t have a bad game.
How would u say he looked? Assume he had some rust & maybe wore down as the game went on.. does he look physically good tho? Was a physical force last year down low & out front.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
it says quite a bit about Voit that once he went to L1 he started lighting it up & (for some reason) they take him off & onto L3 & it's the best game L3 has had in months..

Now 14th in rookie scoring (25 PTS) & 6th amongst rookies for Assists (18).. 22 of his 25 points are 5on5 which is pretty impressive.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Lines 1&2 were absolutely absent today. With the exception of Bitten, didn’t look like they were giving 100%. Lines 3 & 4 actually held their own.
Reesor paired with Mast and it worked pretty well.
The team just lost puck battle after puck battle. Flint’s first step toward loose pucks beat our guys by a mile. No quickness from our guys, particularly the defense.
I left with 8 minutes to go...

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Reesor being +2 when we got scored on 12 times is super impressive. He looked solid. Hjorth was god awful. He's gotten worse as the season has gone on. Doesn't look too interested in playing for this team..guess I can't blame him. Best thing about this team is they don't even have to try and tank, it comes naturally!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Reesor being +2 when we got scored on 12 times is super impressive. He looked solid. Hjorth was god awful. He's gotten worse as the season has gone on. Doesn't look too interested in playing for this team..guess I can't blame him. Best thing about this team is they don't even have to try and tank, it comes naturally!
I couldn’t agree more. Reesor was on the ice for exactly ZERO goals against, according to the game sheet.

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I couldn’t agree more. Reesor was on the ice for exactly ZERO goals against, according to the game sheet.
The Guy just plays a steady, simple game. Team needs to learn off him, I hope he rubs off on them. He is so valuable to this team.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Best we can hope for now is 74 days between home wins (and would need to beat Flint to do so). Bloody travesty!!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Best we can hope for now is 74 days between home wins (and would need to beat Flint to do so). Bloody travesty!!
That's gotta be up there for the franchise. Feels like forever ago that we won at home.

Hjorth has definitely dipped since being taken off the PP. He has all the skills but needs to put it all together. I'm still confident with an actual coaching staff he will be good.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
That's gotta be up there for the franchise. Feels like forever ago that we won at home.

Hjorth has definitely dipped since being taken off the PP. He has all the skills but needs to put it all together. I'm still confident with an actual coaching staff he will be good.
He’s just so freakin’ timid. Big kid like that and absolutely no physicality. Voit, at about 140 pounds, has more grit and willingness to take a bump. I’ve never seen Hjorth either give OR RECEIVE a hit. Unwilling to get to the puck first.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
He’s just so freakin’ timid. Big kid like that and absolutely no physicality. Voit, at about 140 pounds, has more grit and willingness to take a bump. I’ve never seen Hjorth either give OR RECEIVE a hit. Unwilling to get to the puck first.
Yeah i do wonder if any of it has to do with his major knee injury last year. I'm intrigued to see him next year having a full yr under his belt & a full off season of training.

I'm super interested to see how Nolet looks after a full year in the O. Idk if he will get better or stay the same. Hard to judge.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah i do wonder if any of it has to do with his major knee injury last year. I'm intrigued to see him next year having a full yr under his belt & a full off season of training.

I'm super interested to see how Nolet looks after a full year in the O. Idk if he will get better or stay the same. Hard to judge.
Regarding Nolet, I’d take either... staying the same would make him pretty good!!

my wish list also includes +10 lbs on Voit and him working on a bit better shot (forearm strength), Perreault learning backchecking, half the team learning to one-time the puck...

Actually my list goes on and on...

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hill gets a goal + an assist & is a healthy scratch tonight. I can't imagine why guys wouldn't wanna play... like how ridiculous.

Gaudreau starting again. Reesor sitting which i imagine was planned after playing yesterday.

Let's just hope we keep them under 5 goals.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Jacko isn’t going to be an OA you keep around next year so...WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU DRESS HIM OVER YOUR YOUTH WHO WILL BE PART OF THIS TEAM?!?!?!? my god, this coaching staff are complete idiots.

Reactions: Stingland

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Jacko isn’t going to be an OA you keep around next year so...WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU DRESS HIM OVER YOUR YOUTH WHO WILL BE PART OF THIS TEAM?!?!?!? my god, this coaching staff are complete idiots.
Like if he was helping the team I could see dressing him, but he doesn’t help the team at all, and plays sooo much more than the young guys I just don’t understand

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
Ferda....You are so right on. I ALSO DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY ARE PLAYING HIM.ARE THEY TRYING TO SHOWCASE HIM FOR A TRADE????

Reactions: Ferda11

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
What is going on with Josling?

Was he playing so well hoping to get moved to a contender? With guys coming back from injury has he been pushed down the lineup? Or just snake-bitten?

If you take out the February 8th game against Windsor. He has 6 points (2g 4a) in his last 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->