Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Before the next home game, put the boys on the bus and drive them around for a couple hours... drop them at the rink. We the fans need to cheer for the other team... seems to be what it takes for this team to play decently well.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Didnt catch the game, anyone stand out? On paper seems as tho Gaudreau was solid.. Voit continues to rack em up! His goal was a beuty.

Also congrats to the Captain for his 1st Hat-Trick! Well deserved. Definitely gonna miss him next year.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Been liking burke and O’Donnell’s play lately, both playing hard hockey.
Burke has shown flashes of being a pretty solid 3rd liner for us. Just super inconsistent. A big summer & he could a breakout candidate..

O'Donnell is gonna be solid. I wish they'd put him with some better linemates & give him some actual ice time. Considering where we sit he should be getting both of those.

Hill is also a breakout candidate next yr. He needs to learn to use his speed more. cause he can flat out fly & has OK offensive skills.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sarnia is in Windsors head - glad we don't play you guys again. Gaudreau played real solid. Hard to believe he is 16. Real bright future in net for you guys going forward.
I wish we did play more, they were good games all season!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
This weekend - Rees in the lineup, bus ride, hostile fans... sounds like a win to me!
STING 6 Soo 4

Reactions: dirty12

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We only play once this weekend & it's Sunday? What the hell lol. Who would you start in net?

6-4 Sarnia.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
We only play once this weekend & it's Sunday? What the hell lol. Who would you start in net?

6-4 Sarnia.
Gaudreau please!! The more minutes he gets, the sooner he’ll refine his tools. He really is the foundation of this team’s future.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gaudreau please!! The more minutes he gets, the sooner he’ll refine his tools. He really is the foundation of this team’s future.
While i agree i dont want Langevin getting left begind. He is a still a solid goalie & we should have an elite goalie tandem next year.

But Gaudreau has definitely found his stride in the league. I'd say out of 23 Appearances 18 of them have been Ok - Solid - Good - Great. Which is all you can really ask for out of a rookie behind this team.

Those games he is great tho.. hard to not get excited. He screams star goalie. He's Big, Fast, Athletic, Good rebound control & reads the play extremely well.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12 and deeferg

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
While i agree i dont want Langevin getting left begind. He is a still a solid goalie & we should have an elite goalie tandem next year.

But Gaudreau has definitely found his stride in the league. I'd say out of 23 Appearances 18 of them have been Ok - Solid - Good - Great. Which is all you can really ask for out of a rookie behind this team.

Those games he is great tho.. hard to not get excited. He screams star goalie. He's Big, Fast, Athletic, Good rebound control & ready the play extremely well.
Soo fans hoping to see both on Sunday. ;)

Reactions: HockeyPops

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Be curious to see what some of you think. Who'd you say has more breakout potential next year, Hill or Burke?

I lean Hill mainly because of his skating ability but i think Burke might have a bit higher hockey IQ.. If one (or both) could take a step forward next year that would be massive for us.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Be curious to see what some of you think. Who'd you say has more breakout potential next year, Hill or Burke?

I lean Hill mainly because of his skating ability but i think Burke might have a bit higher hockey IQ.. If one (or both) could take a step forward next year that would be massive for us.
Very hard to predict the future of either, mainly due to inconsistency of who they’re playing with. The bottom 6 has been a complete guessing game as to who plays, who sits, etc. Find either of these guys a couple of consistent linemates, and I think they would be 15 goal contributors this year; possibly 20-25 next year.

Reactions: Ferda11

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I'd go right back to Ben. Give Langevin another shot at Flint on Wednesday. I agree about everything said about Ben. Only thing I see an issue with is he seems to be a little weak high blocker/glove. Not a fan on how he catches, almost baseball style. There's no doubt he will be a star though. Hopefully management can build around him.

Regarding Hill/Burke. I think more of Burke as a potential power forward and Hill more of a speed/skill guy. But I agree with Tex, they need some consistency in their line mates and minutes. I'd imagine that would but a damper on production and development.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'd go right back to Ben. Give Langevin another shot at Flint on Wednesday. I agree about everything said about Ben. Only thing I see an issue with is he seems to be a little weak high blocker/glove. Not a fan on how he catches, almost baseball style. There's no doubt he will be a star though. Hopefully management can build around him.

Regarding Hill/Burke. I think more of Burke as a potential power forward and Hill more of a speed/skill guy. But I agree with Tex, they need some consistency in their line mates and minutes. I'd imagine that would but a damper on production and development.
I've noticed that to with the way Gaudreau catches. Haven't seen many that catch it that way. Maybe just more comfortable for him. So stoked to see him next season.

They are 2 or the harder guys to predict i think. I don't think either will ever he more than a 3rd liner that could fill-in on L2 in spurts. Agree on linemates. It must've been a terrible year to try & get any confidence/flow going for O'Donnell/Burke/Hill/Saye/Berka/Mack & Voit up till Christmas.

Even on D other than Stratis/Hatcher everyone else sits every 3rd or 4th game which annoys the hell out of me.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Frontenacs win!!
Let’s not lose sight of the mission for the remainder of the season.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Frontenacs win!!
Let’s not lose sight of the mission for the remainder of the season.
Unfortunately i don't think Niagara is gonna win another game lol. I've pretty much conceded we are picking 3rd. From everything I've read there really isn't much of a difference between those top guys other than Fantilli.

Winning more just makes the import pick worse which sucks but i would like to see some wins lol.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Unfortunately i don't think Niagara is gonna win another game lol. I've pretty much conceded we are picking 3rd. From everything I've read there really isn't much of a difference between those top guys other than Fantilli.

Winning more just makes the import pick worse which sucks but i would like to see some wins lol.
I agree fully re Niagara. They are terrible after losing their top goalie and trading away almost all of their decent players. Currently on a 13 game losing streak.
Still neck and neck with Kingston; currently we have 4 more points than them and have played one more game. Based on strength of schedule for the remainder of the season, they should pass us in a couple weeks. That would be 3rd pick in the OHL draft and 7th in the import draft. Should be some decent talent available.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I agree fully re Niagara. They are terrible after losing their top goalie and trading away almost all of their decent players. Currently on a 13 game losing streak.
Still neck and neck with Kingston; currently we have 4 more points than them and have played one more game. Based on strength of schedule for the remainder of the season, they should pass us in a couple weeks. That would be 3rd pick in the OHL draft and 7th in the import draft. Should be some decent talent available.
I do believe it doesn't matter if we do better than them (point wise) if they make the playoffs. Goes by the 4 teams that missed pick Top-4 & we aren't gonna catch ER/SSM/OS. So it's probably 3rd for us. Might be different for the import draft tho.. not sure for that one.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Question....WHAT IF the Sting go on a tear like they did earlier in the season and somehow win enough and ER/SSM or OS somehow lose enough and the Sting squeak into the 8th spot? How pissed/happy would you be? Keep in mind this could mean a sting/knights 1st round match up.

If you could chose, would you rather have the 3rd or 4th pick or a 1st round match up with the Knights?

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
Question....WHAT IF the Sting go on a tear like they did earlier in the season and somehow win enough and ER/SSM or OS somehow lose enough and the Sting squeak into the 8th spot? How pissed/happy would you be? Keep in mind this could mean a sting/knights 1st round match up.

If you could chose, would you rather have the 3rd or 4th pick or a 1st round match up with the Knights?
I would take playoffs any day. You never know what can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad