Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’ll never understand having Hatcher play 50% of OT. What is he and his set of cinderblock hands going to do to be effective in OT? Especially with that amount of open ice. Just a pure idiotic move by our garbage coaching staff.

Reactions: massey

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I’ll never understand having Hatcher play 50% of OT. What is he and his set of cinderblock hands going to do to be effective in OT? Especially with that amount of open ice. Just a pure idiotic move by our garbage coaching staff.
For me its not even it being Hatcher it's that they sat Nolet & Hjorth. But especially Nolet for me... great skater, great passer & has shown he can score when given good looks. Mind boggling to staple him to the bench..

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Sorry but he deserved it.He had no busy touching the linesman.Just go to the box and shut up.Pretty simple.He is bad for chirping the refs.
Meh, who knows what the ref was saying and the context ... I get ur point though, he shouldn't have done that. Seems like this entire team is wildly undisciplined.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sorry but he deserved it.He had no busy touching the linesman.Just go to the box and shut up.Pretty simple.He is bad for chirping the refs.
I agree that he should shut up and not touch the linesman and go to the box, but Givani smith absolutely ripped a linesman to the ice just to get at hatcher to fight and he didn’t get a penalty or a single game, and Perrault gets 2 games for gently rubbing the linesman’s tummy? That’s bullshit

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Perreault’s absence resulted in improved team defense on Sunday. Sure could have used him in the shootout though.
Roth officially out of my doghouse. Soo poster stated he had a shoulder problem but is now OK. That makes sense based on the past month’s performance.

Reactions: StingUpdates

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Perreault’s absence resulted in improved team defense on Sunday. Sure could have used him in the shootout though.
Roth officially out of my doghouse. Soo poster stated he had a shoulder problem but is now OK. That makes sense based on the past month’s performance.

I agree,His game has changed for the better.He seems to be getting in the dirty areas of the ice now also.Injury would make sense

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I agree that he should shut up and not touch the linesman and go to the box, but Givani smith absolutely ripped a linesman to the ice just to get at hatcher to fight and he didn’t get a penalty or a single game, and Perrault gets 2 games for gently rubbing the linesman’s tummy? That’s bull****
Never say the play but maybe it has more to do with what he said?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Reason why i think Roth is a near lock to stay as OA. Gonna have around 30 Goals & 70 Points which is really solid.

A full year with Rees (longshot ik lol) i think Roth could have 40+ Goals & 80+ Points. They were dynamite together. Roth is so good at finding soft spots in the O-Zone while Rees is amazing at finding him & threading the pass.

Reactions: dirty12

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It was a little better but we still gave up 39 shots & alot of high quality looks. Gaudreau was awesome. Every 2nd or 3rd start he seems to be completely dialed in. Shows you a flash of what he will become.

He anticipates the play so well. Rebound control has also been improving all season + his ability to see thru screens has gotten better. So excited about his potential.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Tough picks this week. Very encouraged by the team’s performance vs Windsor on Sunday, but the Rees factor is hard to ignore. Since Legionnaires are playing Friday, also not sure if DeGurse will be made available to Sting... I don’t think he can.
Soooo,
SAGGY 6 Sting 2
STING 4 London 3 (Regulation)

Can’t believe I’m picking Sting on Saturday, particularly since we couldn’t beat them when they had their 2 best players at Worlds in December, but who knows?

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
STING 6 SPIRIT 4
STING 5 KNIGHTS 3
The law of averages is with optimistic Tone!!!! LOL

Reactions: deeferg

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
7-3 Saginaw
5-4 (OT) London
I think it'll be 2 strong efforts but SAG is just to good & with London i don't think we can stop McMichael/Foudy

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
this wks picks
Saggy 5 Sting 3
London 6 Sting 2
Don't see the losing streak ending yet
Boys are working hard but lacking the big shooters.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Dann continues to rack up the points in Georgetown! I must admit i did not know he had this type of shot. Ton of power behind both his slapshot & wrist shot. Now has 33 PTS in 40 Games.

Really hope to see him up soon.

Reactions: robp1219

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Dann should have had a roster spot on this team from the get go. Best rookie player in camp and best overall player in exhibition. His 15-25 pts he would have had so far this season would have helped more then O'Donnell's 1 point. :rolleyes:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Dann should have had a roster spot on this team from the get go. Best rookie player in camp and best overall player in exhibition. His 15-25 pts he would have had so far this season would have helped more then O'Donnell's 1 point. :rolleyes:
Dann would have played with the scrubs, getting 3-4 minutes per game, same as O’Donnell.
Could only keep 4 16-yr olds and that was Mast, Voit, Gaudreau and O’D... Unusual that deeper picks such as Voit and Mast would make the team. Bad politics to send your #2 pick down.
This year is shot, and I think that Dann and DeGurse could be on next year’s team, having benefited from lots of prime ice time at a lower level.
This team has way too many grinders and not nearly enough shooters, as evidenced by last weekend’s shootout.

Reactions: StingUpdates

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Dann would have played with the scrubs, getting 3-4 minutes per game, same as O’Donnell.
Could only keep 4 16-yr olds and that was Mast, Voit, Gaudreau and O’D... Unusual that deeper picks such as Voit and Mast would make the team. Bad politics to send your #2 pick down.
This year is shot, and I think that Dann and DeGurse could be on next year’s team, having benefited from lots of prime ice time at a lower level.
This team has way too many grinders and not nearly enough shooters, as evidenced by last weekend’s shootout.

I have to agree.DeGurse looks much more comfortable on the ice the other night than he did at the start of the year.The way Hatcher played his rookies at a few shifts per game, its probably was better for them to stay at their Jr teams

Reactions: dansk55

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I have to agree.DeGurse looks much more comfortable on the ice the other night than he did at the start of the year.The way Hatcher played his rookies at a few shifts per game, its probably was better for them to stay at their Jr teams
I just heard from one of my sources close with the sting and they said it is confirmed that Hatcher will be stepping down at the end of the year and Legwand has the other buyer all lined up let’s see if the sting mention this at the breakfast on Sunday

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I just heard from one of my sources close with the sting and they said it is confirmed that Hatcher will be stepping down at the end of the year and Legwand has the other buyer all lined up let’s see if the sting mention this at the breakfast on Sunday
I see the sting have a wallpaper for Degurse I wonder if that’s an indication that he could be sticking around

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Imagine that's a long shot (mentioning it at breakfast) if it happens i imagine it happens once the season is over.

Then it depends if they do it right away or wait till summer. If it is true it really is bitter sweet because the first 3 years of his tenture were unbelievable & filled with promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad