Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Well, the team defiantly won't be dressing 8 d-man. I know that's not what your saying but I'd expect them to go with 7, leaving Dillingham the odd man out. It really isn't a horrible looking D on paper...but there's a big difference between paper and ice. I think some guys are playing waaaay to much and that's a big reason why we are so terrible in our own end and miss so many assignments. Realistically each pairing you mentioned should and can all play the same amount of minutes when the group is healthy. If this team still struggles as badly as it does now with a full healthy defensive line up then this is 100% coaching no doubt.

Rees still very well could hit the 100 pt mark if he's back this weekend and get backs to averaging 2+ pts a game like he was for that stretch. Josling will for sure hit that mark.

I do like Bitten's energy and passion. You don't see many players this excited to play hockey. He plays every game like it's his first game and celebrates every goal like it's his first. I's refreshing to see a player that in love with the game.

Lets get this line up back when they were scoring 5+ goals a game. IF everyone is back this weekend I'd go...

Roth-Rees-Josling
Bitten-McGregor-Perrault
Voit-Tabak-Guy
Burke-Hill-Saye
*Trade Mack - rotate O'Donnell in and out*

Hatcher-Nolet
Reesor-Hjorth
Jakovljevic-Kammerer
Mast

1. Langevin
2. Gaudreau
*Trade Kooy*

If they can't go 3 for 3 this weekend with that line up then I expect a 100% sell off.
I agree with pretty much everything except 3 for 3 is abit of a stretch, Saginaw is a legit team and guys like Reesor , bitten haven’t played in a long time and could still be a tad banged up, I’d say 2 for 3 is a must and expected, 3 for 3 is a maybe

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well, the team defiantly won't be dressing 8 d-man. I know that's not what your saying but I'd expect them to go with 7, leaving Dillingham the odd man out. It really isn't a horrible looking D on paper...but there's a big difference between paper and ice. I think some guys are playing waaaay to much and that's a big reason why we are so terrible in our own end and miss so many assignments. Realistically each pairing you mentioned should and can all play the same amount of minutes when the group is healthy. If this team still struggles as badly as it does now with a full healthy defensive line up then this is 100% coaching no doubt.

Rees still very well could hit the 100 pt mark if he's back this weekend and get backs to averaging 2+ pts a game like he was for that stretch. Josling will for sure hit that mark.

I do like Bitten's energy and passion. You don't see many players this excited to play hockey. He plays every game like it's his first game and celebrates every goal like it's his first. I's refreshing to see a player that in love with the game.

Lets get this line up back when they were scoring 5+ goals a game. IF everyone is back this weekend I'd go...

Roth-Rees-Josling
Bitten-McGregor-Perrault
Voit-Tabak-Guy
Burke-Hill-Saye
*Trade Mack - rotate O'Donnell in and out*

Hatcher-Nolet
Reesor-Hjorth
Jakovljevic-Kammerer
Mast

1. Langevin
2. Gaudreau
*Trade Kooy*

If they can't go 3 for 3 this weekend with that line up then I expect a 100% sell off.
Agreed. On paper we shouldn't be last. On paper are defense is actually solid. But on the ice it is an absolute tire fire. With Reesor & Hatcher back if the Defence doesn't even improve a bit it truly is all on the coaches.

Agree on Bitten. Seems to be a great team guy. Keeps heads high & upbeat.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Do you think Rees would be available? What do you think he would cost the 67's? Good to see Sam Bitten doing well with you guys- he was a fan favourite on the 67's the past couple years.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Do you think Rees would be available? What do you think he would cost the 67's? Good to see Sam Bitten doing well with you guys- he was a fan favourite on the 67's the past couple years.
Personally, i don't think he fits with the 67s.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The odds of Rees being traded is slim. We wanna win next year. He is the biggest piece of that team. He is arguably already are best player. I'd be floored if we traded him.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Why would they trade him ?

Injury prone and a hot head, Everybody should have a price. Dont get me wrong,can be a very exciting player to watch but even Gretzky got traded. If the price is right,everybody should be available.This team is going to have problems winning with the current structure.

Reactions: TheCoach

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Injury prone and a hot head, Everybody should have a price. Dont get me wrong,can be a very exciting player to watch but even Gretzky got traded. If the price is right,everybody should be available.This team is going to have problems winning with the current structure.
The only problem with the structure is the lack of structure in the coaches gameplan. I’d love to see this healthy roster play with a good quality coaching staff. Yes injury prone but as far as I’m concerned his last hot head play was game 1 this year, and he has been excellent ever since. If it’s a ridiculously good return ya sure but if just a good to mediocre return I wouldn’t do it.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Not sure how you classify him as a hot head.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well my bad, just Bitten is back.

According to the Sting “healthy” means just Bitten back in the line up. Not your best forward or top D man. :huh:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Voit getting the opportunity of a life time tonight. Top line with a McGregor and Josling!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Voit getting the opportunity of a life time tonight. Top line with a McGregor and Josling!
Huge opportunity for him! Hopefully they leave him there longer than Berka (1 period).. Nice to see Bitten back. Not sure i like Jakovljevic-Hjorth, id switch Jako with Nolet.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well thats just killer. 4-2 lead & a 4on3 PP... Between Langevin's screw up & Hjorth's bad turnover this one just sucks.

Voit was one of are best players. Finally finally he was used on the PP & in OT! He easily could of had 2or3 points. Hope he stays in the top-6..

The Refs were a joke in the 3td. Voit got ran over without the puck & got his legs taken out at are blue line.. Brutal.

Also.... Roth SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
LOL this team is unbelievable. Great coaching decision in OT...4 forwards for an entire PP with multiple chances to get an actual defensemen on the ice...but nope.

Honestly beyond fed up with this bs.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Well thats just killer. 4-2 lead & a 4on3 PP... Between Langevin's screw up & Hjorth's bad turnover this one just sucks.

Voit was one of are best players. Finally finally he was used on the PP & in OT! He easily could of had 2or3 points. Hope he stays in the top-6..

The Refs were a joke in the 3td. Voit got ran over without the puck & got his legs taken out at are blue line.. Brutal.

dont blame the refs,we got away with a few this lost is on the team,2 giveaways for 2 goals.unacceptable,

Reactions: lazyboy

Tone

Jan 28, 2019

How can you say Voit was one of our best players. With all of his ice time playing on the best line
he had 1 shot on net and zero points. He is a beautiful skater but this is not stars on ice.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Roth should not have been on the PP and his back check was horrendous, his fault on that goal

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
How can you say Voit was one of our best players. With all of his ice time playing on the best line
he had 1 shot on net and zero points. He is a beautiful skater but this is not stars on ice.
He had 1 point blank shot that was saved, another that hit the post & another he shot wide. All 3 good chances. He set up Josling for a 2on1 but he chose to pass & it got intercepted. On the 5 Min PP he had multiple nice seem passes to Hjorth for shots but he got stopped or had his shots blocked. Not to mention in OT after Hatcher got stopped on the breakaway Voit prevented the 3on2 rush & got it back to Hatcher who nearly scored..

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
dont blame the refs,we got away with a few this lost is on the team,2 giveaways for 2 goals.unacceptable,
Wasn't blaming them for the loss just saying they sucked lol. That one play couldn't of been bigger interference. Shortly after OS got within 1, too..

The 4on3 had chances but they passed up way to many shots. Especially Roth. Ik Hjorth had a bad turnover but he should have been on the ice. He has an absolute cannon of a shot. Coulda used it..

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018

I was sitting on the corner behind our net. Our D (who I think was Marko) shouted at Langevin to hold it. Doubt he makes that mistake again and just fires it. Our coaching is a f***ing joke in OT. A house league coach would put out better lines than Hatcher does. Not a single Sting body in front of OS on the winning goal.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
LOL this team is unbelievable. Great coaching decision in OT...4 forwards for an entire PP with multiple chances to get an actual defensemen on the ice...but nope.

Honestly beyond fed up with this bs.
I don't hate the 4 forwards for it but not doing a line change at some point of the 2 mins can't happen. Right when the penalty was killed i said to the person next to me "we have four forwards gotta get a whistle/change" and we didn't even try.. Nolet or Hjorth shoulda been on the ice.

I will say it was nice to see Hatcher playing Voit, Burke, Saye late in the game for once. It's what you gotta do when rebuilding. Gotta play young kids to gain experience.

Way way way to passive in are own end after they made it 4-3. Just watch the 4-4 goal again. Everyone is pushed way back giving OS Dman so much space to make a pass to another open player Struthers for the tip-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad