Sarnia Sting 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Glad to hear Krieger impressed. Not surprised at all. He should've been drafted in 2014 IMO. Outstanding season with Dresden. Big heart, great compete and solid skills.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
Glad to hear Krieger impressed. Not surprised at all. He should've been drafted in 2014 IMO. Outstanding season with Dresden. Big heart, great compete and solid skills.

dean , krieger was good but good enough to crack lineup who does he replace on stings,,,,,,,he played jc come on,,,,:help:

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
dean , krieger was good but good enough to crack lineup who does he replace on stings,,,,,,,he played jc come on,,,,:help:

Letty23 - Have you heard of a kid by the name of Matt Martin? He was a free agent walk on out of Jr C. And look where he is now.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
;) i have no problem with that who does he replace on current roster,,,:help:

Sarnia didn't exactly run away with the OHL this year, there's probably a few roster guys that should be looking over their shoulder. If they've been in the league for 2/3 years and still not producing, time to move on.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
Sarnia didn't exactly run away with the OHL this year, there's probably a few roster guys that should be looking over their shoulder. If they've been in the league for 2/3 years and still not producing, time to move on.

:handclap: i agree ,,,#15 #16,#17 i would move.:sarcasm:

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia

There are going to be trades that will open up roster spots. The team is weak on the back end and need another goalie. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown isn't back next year, but there is no way they should move Renaud. He took a big step forward last season and will only put up bigger numbers this year. He works hard and is one of the few players who doesn't shy down from the physical play. I can't wait to see Renaud and Hodgson use their size this season.

hockeyinmyblood

Nov 11, 2014

I agree that complaceny doesn't get you anywhere. You must continue to produce offensively or defensively to keep your spot safe. I have a feeling that Hatcher won't have a problem making changes where he sees fit.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
I agree that complaceny doesn't get you anywhere. You must continue to produce offensively or defensively to keep your spot safe. I have a feeling that Hatcher won't have a problem making changes where he sees fit.

He didn't seem to have any problem replacing the coach. lol.

From what I saw there definitely were some players at that mini camp that could challenge the current players for jobs. A lot of those kids showed really high compete levels. I agree with the idea that the back end needs to get bigger, and tougher, especially now that Chapman has moved on. Other than Chychrun , and maybe Spinozzi there isn't a lot of grit on the back end.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
There are going to be trades that will open up roster spots. The team is weak on the back end and need another goalie. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown isn't back next year, but there is no way they should move Renaud. He took a big step forward last season and will only put up bigger numbers this year. He works hard and is one of the few players who doesn't shy down from the physical play. I can't wait to see Renaud and Hodgson use their size this season.

:nod: i am with yu on brown situation :handclap:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011

relax dude...i never said he'd replace anyone...as I mentioned in my post last week trying to project next year's roster, it won't be easy for any walk on. Hell, it'll be tough for a few guys who actually got OHL time this season.

I was just stating that he's a legitimate prospect. It doesn't matter where the kid play. It's called progression. He will be in Jr B next year. Has interest from OJHL clubs too

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
relax dude...i never said he'd replace anyone...as I mentioned in my post last week trying to project next year's roster, it won't be easy for any walk on. Hell, it'll be tough for a few guys who actually got OHL time this season.

I was just stating that he's a legitimate prospect. It doesn't matter where the kid play. It's called progression. He will be in Jr B next year. Has interest from OJHL clubs too

:handclap::laugh::D

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010

renaud improved offensively. got some confidence. I would not call him a physical presence. He was awkward in his hitting and looked he often got the worse of it.
As for trades, we need defence. What we have just didn't cut it. and i did not see much improvement. We do need offence. Zacha korestoleve and a few others need to put up some points. I think 15 needs to be a bit more controlling with the puck... greedier so to speak and shoot. Probably a 20 goal man. Renaud could be good for 10-15...Nikandrov should be the offensive leader... finally.
O ya, we need a goalie
any word on nnaming of new coaches?

swscout64

Apr 16, 2015
Hopefully the new owners will keep our local talent here, and put them on the ice. Will bring in more fans for sure, hometown boys usually do, with lots of family and friends coming to the games.:)

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Hopefully the new owners will keep our local talent here, and put them on the ice. Will bring in more fans for sure, hometown boys usually do, with lots of family and friends coming to the games.:)

All 3 local players had connections to the previous owners.This roster will look totally different next season.

Fans won't support a losing team no matter where the players come from.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013

Wouldn't you rather just have the best pure players, regardless of 'local affiliation'? I couldn't care well where players are from, just give me the best 12 possible, thats how teams like the Soo do it, talent trumps all.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
Wouldn't you rather just have the best pure players, regardless of 'local affiliation'? I couldn't care well where players are from, just give me the best 12 possible, thats how teams like the Soo do it, talent trumps all.

goodtimes your so right yu dont win games with local players.:nod::handclap:

new2sting

Sep 19, 2014
All 3 local players had connections to the previous owners.This roster will look totally different next season.

Fans won't support a losing team no matter where the players come from.

Agreed. It's nice to have hometown talent on the team but it has to be legit. I can't imagine that we will see Matteo on the roster next year. Would be surprised to see him at camp. Fazio is legit and deserves to be here. Sproverio looks promising as well. However, he has a lot of work to do to get OHL ready. Had a great year in Junior B offensively but he's lucky no one was keeping track of his +/-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad